What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coot; I sent my man, James to the store for Lily of the Desert but there were two kinds 1/ Leaf Fillet 2/ Whole Leaf

Kindly tell us which one to purchase old boy.

A difference without much of a distinction other than to the Lily of The Desert marketing team - the usual promotional fluff considering it's sold as a 'health & beauty aid'

CC

The guy at my local health food store told me that the whole leaf juice had higher polysaccharide levels than the filet - made sense at the time, but I trust Coot more than the guy who stocks the herbal supplement section at Vitamin Cottage

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
YS

It is true that they sell products. It's also true that their web site is full of solid information. I've had that same experience with several sites from Australia particularly in the area of using aloe vera for agricultural and horticultural applications.

Australia is #3 in aloe vera production (as a crop) behind China & Mexico. The dry aloe vera powder that I use (freeze-dried) is from Australia. Human food-grade as well as pharmaceutical grade, certified organic by 3 international agencies (legitimate) and it ends up costing me < $4.80 per gallon of pure extract.

'chump change'

CC

Nice.

Who is the supplier you use in Oz?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Silver

I bought it through a food ingredient broker in California. I'll check the labels on the box that has the information from the original packer in Oz.

If you're interested, some of the best information on growing and using Comfrey can be found on Australian web sites as well. Same with vermicomposting - some of the most innovative systems are being designed, built and used and some are simply ingenious. The water cooled stainless tanks definitely fall into this category. I can't even imagine the cost - these are commercial-sized tanks and not a home use item.

CC

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Oh My! It is true. It really is true. I thought it was a joke....Stoney Girl
http://www.pdxu.gro4me.com/

Do I remove Shade Leaves?

Learn to Grow like a Pro from the experts.

Where do I sign up?

Why the hell didn't we start a school?

Hey....all their 'strains' finish in UNDER 40 days.... sounds like that Swami Kushendez bullshit.

Growing with the proz....

An organic soil cannabis gardening school up here would only work in those chunky places like Olympia,Port Townsend,PDX,and possibly the Seattle area...that's where that frame of mind tends to be more prolific.
But really...why not teach the truth rather than the models presented by these types of humans. ..and be able to pay the rent without feeling like you just bent someone over a barrel.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Here's her soil mix:

1 bale of Sunshine Mix #4

A commercial, off the shelf mix with a high N number

A commercial, off the shelf mix with a high P number

Usual gunk - feather meal, raw, dried chicken manure, blood meal, bone meal, etc.

Split the Sunshine Mix into equal parts. Mix the N fertilizer mix with one pile and do the same with the P mix with the other.

Here's the part you'll really like: take the P mx and fill your containers 1/2 full and then top it off with the N mix - you know so that when the plants need P they'll know where to do or something equally stupid.

Yep - that's it. You buy the bales from 'Jennifer' for $50.00 which is 2x the price anywhere else and of course you buy your fertilizer mix from 'Jennifer' as well. Watching the old videos of her working at various clubs around PDX is extra - as in extra special.

Ask around about her 'Pit Bull' strain......

CC

Gascanastan

Veteran
Deep down I really like the idea of starting plants in the pot they are going to end up in. If you can pull it off the plant bushes out way more...they seem to go up more than out in small pots.

It is a technique I have had both successes and failures with. But when you get it right it works awesome.
woops..sorry bout the neg rep from the smartphone Sam.

I have gone through this exact thing. Somewhere along the line all the rules get broken....but some types perform better depending on that particular types root system. Weird stuff...but what works works eh.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
What I've seen with the TO anyway is that when the cutting has rooted and the new leaves push out (not the leaves from the original cutting), they push out to the drip line before you see the acceleration vertically kick-in.

If that makes sense - it's almost as if the first leaves spreading out act function like the sails on a boat.

CC

Gascanastan

Veteran
Here's her soil mix:

1 bale of Sunshine Mix #4

A commercial, off the shelf mix with a high N number

A commercial, off the shelf mix with a high P number

Usual gunk - feather meal, raw, dried chicken manure, blood meal, bone meal, etc.

Split the Sunshine Mix into equal parts. Mix the N fertilizer mix with one pile and do the same with the P mix with the other.

Here's the part you'll really like: take the P mx and fill your containers 1/2 full and then top it off with the N mix - you know so that when the plants need P they'll know where to do or something equally stupid.

Yep - that's it. You buy the bales from 'Jennifer' for $50.00 which is 2x the price anywhere else and of course you buy your fertilizer mix from 'Jennifer' as well. Watching the old videos of her working at various clubs around PDX is extra - as in extra special.

Ask around about her 'Pit Bull' strain......

CC

Ouch~......
You gotta hand it to her for being a real gawd damned capitalist American yeah...

That's a good name for that stuff...the 'gunk' recipe's....yuck.

I heard something about Pit Bull but I don't need to ask her anything....I'd like to see a day by day for "under forty days" in flower and the end result....anyone got any grow links on these types?

Gascanastan

Veteran
What I've seen with the TO anyway is that when the cutting has rooted and the new leaves push out (not the leaves from the original cutting), they push out to the drip line before you see the acceleration vertically kick-in.

If that makes sense - it's almost as if the first leaves spreading out act function like the sails on a boat.

CC
Straight freekin solar panels...

TO roots pretty well....and BO has a good root system. BO is drought tolerant....hardly ever have to water BO. TO can get pretty thirsty...and big given ample veg...and BIG POTS!!!

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I've used every method known and rooting compounds sold (commercial & retail) to root the TO and with the exception of the aeroponic machines, it takes 14 days. Period. Always. Forever and ever.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i find quite a few of my cuts take about two weeks. often with the slower rooting ones i will re-dip them in rooting hormone after about a week and that tends to speed things up a tiny bit.

B

BlueJayWay

Berkeley - 28 days flowering and pure sativa to boot! fuck me Freddy where's the grow thread on these strains.

I have two phenos of this Stargazer I'm playin with, why is it always the one I like better takes longer to root.

Gascanastan

Veteran
"Don't be a hater!"

In other words don't be afraid to publically call BS to claims that don't jive with reality. Really now..where's the grow threads on these types...I get more air time with my experiments than anything I'm seeing from these types.
Did a quick search and found peeps that grew 'pit bull'...they are saying 55 to 58 days....a far cry from the claim.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Have you heard of her 'MMJ Clinic' franchise program? $5,000.00 to get things up and running with the restriction that you can only sell her seeds, cuttings from plants grown from her seeds, etc.

She also offers free legal advice for those running these unauthorized clinics. See The Oregonian newspaper for details.

Can you say IRS?

CC

Gascanastan

Veteran
Have you heard of her 'MMJ Clinic' franchise program? $5,000.00 to get things up and running with the restriction that you can only sell her seeds, cuttings from plants grown from her seeds, etc.

She also offers free legal advice for those running these unauthorized clinics. See The Oregonian newspaper for details.

Can you say IRS?

CC

Compassionate care giver for the movement my ass...I GIVE away medicine to people who can't afford it...people that have terminal illnessess...and teach anyone I come in contact with (that's hip enough) how to grow the best cannabis on earth for free....and will just give you the fucking seed if you're really in need....jeeesh. Makes me fucking sick seeing vultures scavenge pocketbooks of the uninformed...especially terminally ill people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts