What's new

Livers aka UK Blues.

Shua1991

The offspring should display more vigor and potentially more recessive phenotypes with livers traits vs the other skunks (oldtimers/blueberry) if it is a Underground Originals Cutting. You will know in the s1s because the blueberry muffin phenotypes or cheese phenos will be obvious, it can't be a ugorg#1 since that was made around 2012.

Oscar Golph

420club
The offspring should display more vigor and potentially more recessive phenotypes with livers traits vs the other skunks (oldtimers/blueberry) if it is a Underground Originals Cutting. You will know in the s1s because the blueberry muffin phenotypes or cheese phenos will be obvious, it can't be a ugorg#1 since that was made around 2012.
Yeah, I opened it up with an Ethos RBX1 Zkittlez Male, and planted 10 seeds as soon as they were taken, 6 no shows whilst 3 were female, and one male, which i discarded, anyways, there is a nice similarity of the seeds in morphological expression, and all are very similar in aroma, very sticky and nicely covered, they are between 4 and 6 week into flower, not sure to be honest as i didnt date the planting as i was busy being wrecked, hazards of the job. Tthey look very inline with the leaf structures of the "blues" plant, and she looks as though she dominated in certain areas of the secondary period of leaf growth , once the main fan leaves have been taken and secondary leaves start, it almost looked jurassic with the Main fan leaves, if i was to take a secondary profile leaf, it is almost identical to the Moms,.

The bud structure is fairly larpy, which i wasnt expecting, but, i hand water in coco (low cost testing system) under hps, and its hard to get run off as i am upstairs on a floor, so the substrate is not really prime, and they should really be watered more, with run off. They have been in 12/12 since planting and are in 5 litre pots probaly gasping for room in the zone. The third is like a mixture of the two others.

phenotypically there are differences, one looks more of a zkittles stacking plant with a short Bud shaped apical whilst one runs spear shaped longer Cola. The Livers bud was not a tidy bud if i recal well, and the apical was of the longer rather than squatter, all plants are mostly the same in actual area and bud sites, and look a good S1, ime hoping to take a male zb back onto her (blues) and see how she breaks up, i think she definitely is a Livers background, so maybe some thing will come from her.
as an aside, my pal came today and i had him smell them, as i cant discern aroma although i still get some, and he said "it Smells when you first smell it, like Sage, and when warmed on the skin takes a leap into fruity wonderland, he says he hasnt ever smelled anything like it, which is always a good sign, as this kid is obviously an OG and lives the game. The Sage he is talking about was a cutting Adam dunn gave me yonks ago when i visited him at his hemp shop from off of his Sage Mother plant (thanks Bro) fabulous plant for sure, so i remember that as being almost pine cleaner melt your eyes kinda smell when trimming, but its not as scary smelling as the blues mom is lol. The Scousers were scared of it, to trippy lol.

I was talking with the guy who has held it since 2008, and he was saying as it ages in flower, that the Blues aroma which we all love, kinda changes as they get into the end of the ninth week, but back in the day, people was so wanting it, the grows never went more than eight lol
Shout out to big Colin of Ethos, bro, you've had them creaming around here over the last few years, faf, good shwag bro, they literally beg me to plant those beans, anyways, anyone who pushes the boat out deserves a shout :)

Last edited:

Oscar Golph

420club
So far.

Attachments

• IMG_20240516_202526.jpg
    IMG_20240516_202526.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240516_202419.jpg
    IMG_20240516_202419.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 15

Oscar Golph

420club
So far
The tall plant was stripped of foliage (convenience only) and the shorter plant was half stripped on one full side just for fun, about ten days ago or thereabouts, but it makes it easier in test to see what's going on, and also stress response to the maniacal, anyways, the patterning is nice enough,.

Attachments

• IMG_20240517_180014.jpg
    IMG_20240517_180014.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240517_175844.jpg
    IMG_20240517_175844.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 17

Oscar Golph

420club
The tall plant is more larpy than the shorter plant, but ime sure under LEDs and a good regime they would come good.
The third plant (the more spear shaped) has a bud structure closer to what I remember of Livers, but it's really larpy, like a old crappy skunk bud lol, the bottom half

Oscar Golph

420club
Generally the fronds are of 5 at this stage, this leaf to the left is the offspring, and to the right the mom blues, interesting on this set of leaves, both are showing six fronds, can't say I've noticed this before or can't remember, anyone else ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240517_190410.jpg
    IMG_20240517_190410.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14

Oscar Golph

420club
The first pic is what my old memory says is more Livers like, although the mom parent plant is certainly dominating the overall look of the zkittlez it was crossed with, in them all. These plants probably have about another 3 week to a month left or thereabouts, would any Livers grower have a comment on the bud and look of the first pic ?, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240519_215015.jpg
    IMG_20240519_215015.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240519_215004.jpg
    IMG_20240519_215004.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240519_214951.jpg
    IMG_20240519_214951.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 22

Oscar Golph

420club
The Conclusion on this Old Plant being a actual Livers Cut is unproved, but, considering the date of when my friend who has held this particular cut, is from 2010, and that the growth characreristics of the expressions of this cut lean heavily to a Livers pheno, itis probably beyond doubt, to be a first release UGORG "Blues".
Anyways, i suppose Like Livers1 has suggested, the Livers Cut may be extinct, never say never though, who knows, either way, this plant is a great little yielder, stinks really loud, is interesting for breeding with, and some recent offspring (pics above) look so beautiful close up, it defo reminds me of some work i did with a NL5 Haze X Sk1, and has that kind of early hard hybrid look from back in the day of the early Sensie Seeds drops, with a lime creamy green looking flower, it certainly evokes the eighties theme in my relateable memories, Jurassic baby lol.

Oscar Golph

420club
humm maybe we need to do some testing.

View attachment 19009289

peace ..
I have run Ugorg Blues a few times, most recently in France (south) a about 4 years ago, i was trying to explain to a french guy in Toulouse about the livers, and as it happened i had a pack of undergrounds i took with me and gave to him, he crossed it with a GSC, a seed he had gotten as a trimmigrant in cali, which he brought home with him, it turned out really well, but i didnt see the plants from the seeds of UO grown out, i was given some of the seeds, which i grew out, he lived too far from me to be driving over to look at the moms, but it was obviously a male he used against the GSC, and that Blues climbed all over it, a great cross, also in around 2011/12 or so, some close friends planted a pack and there were a few close calls as to the expressions, but by this time, i had lost my sense of smell and was more targeted on some old bubblegums, and various other strains, also Lemon Haze seemed to be the main strain doing the rounds and Blues was loosing its popularity because of the stink, and then the StarDog kinda shut the doors for the commercial growers of the blues and other similars.
I look forward to watching your Project Bro.
Peace.
EDIT: I did feminise my first Stardog, and we have had the same cut from the beginning (The Manny Cut is what we call it) The fem expressions are on point and i will defo be doing another set, she is almost identical to the seed expressions, is there a Stardog thread anywhere in the forum, does any one know, thanks

Last edited:

Oscar Golph

420club
This is what this plant here is.
Although in a litre pot of Coco and hand watered, it is still how the larger grown plants look like when finished, this is a clone flowered very early.

Attachments

• IMG_20240527_181536.jpg
    IMG_20240527_181536.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240527_181506.jpg
    IMG_20240527_181506.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18

Shua1991

I have run Ugorg Blues a few times, most recently in France (south) a about 4 years ago, i was trying to explain to a french guy in Toulouse about the livers, and as it happened i had a pack of undergrounds i took with me and gave to him, he crossed it with a GSC, a seed he had gotten as a trimmigrant in cali, which he brought home with him, it turned out really well, but i didnt see the plants from the seeds of UO grown out, i was given some of the seeds, which i grew out, he lived too far from me to be driving over to look at the moms, but it was obviously a male he used against the GSC, and that Blues climbed all over it, a great cross, also in around 2011/12 or so, some close friends planted a pack and there were a few close calls as to the expressions, but by this time, i had lost my sense of smell and was more targeted on some old bubblegums, and various other strains, also Lemon Haze seemed to be the main strain doing the rounds and Blues was loosing its popularity because of the stink, and then the StarDog kinda shut the doors for the commercial growers of the blues and other similars.
I look forward to watching your Project Bro.
Peace.
EDIT: I did feminise my first Stardog, and we have had the same cut from the beginning (The Manny Cut is what we call it) The fem expressions are on point and i will defo be doing another set, she is almost identical to the seed expressions, is there a Stardog thread anywhere in the forum, does any one know, thanks
Discobiscuit and ugorgcookies are both cookies hybrids by Ugorg, if you ever want to try out their selections.

Oscar Golph

420club
Discobiscuit and ugorgcookies are both cookies hybrids by Ugorg, if you ever want to try out their selections.
I was on the site the other day having a nosey, I might just do that, ime just stretched at the mo with this testing thing, whatever the mom is, the offspring cross are fabulous flowers just to look at, ime very impressed so far. I like plants in general and the mom look, impressed on the zkittlez, is really alluring, it's certainly got massive character, a proper growers plant, funnest thing I've done in years, and I have done a lot of variants, but this blues/livers cross is gorgeous, dont know how it is gonna smoke, but from the way it looks, it's a real memory trip to the early days kinda look. I passed some of the seed to a member who is gonna do some work himself outdoors, I can't wait to hear what he says, I have about a thousand seed of this cross, we have decided to call it BLT (Blue lemon T'cherriz lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts