What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Livers aka UK Blues.

JAWS

my UGORG #1 hybrid work so far.
ALIEN GORG {F1-V1}
ALIEN GORG {F1-V2}
ALIEN GORG {F1-V3}
BANANA GORG {F1}
BED-ROCK GORG {F1}
BLUE GORG {F1}
BUBBLEGUM {09/F2} GORG
CHEM GORG {F1-V1}
CHEM GORG {F1-V2}
CHEM GORG {F1-V4}
CHEM GORG {F1-V5}
CHEM GORG {F1-V6}
CHIMERA GORG {F1}
DANK GORG {F1}
EXODUS GORG {F1}
FRUITY PEBBLE GORG {F1}
GARY PAYTON GORG {F1}
GMO GORG {F1-V1}
GMO GORG {F1-V2}
GRAPEFRUIT GORG {F1}
IMPURE GORG {F1}
LOST GORG {F1}
MANDARIN GORG {F1}
MONKEY GORG {F1}
PURPLE GORG {F1}
STARDAWG GORG {F1-V1}
STARDAWG GORG {F1-V2}
TRAINWRECK GORG {F1}
TRIANGLE GORG {F1}
UK GORG {F1}

peace ..

Shua1991

I never had a double serrated leaf on my old cut, I have had it on other Variants, but livers doesn't have it.
Well this leaf is displaying it. It's very common in old skunks. All livers cuts I have seen have it, just like cheese, it's a sign of maturity in classic sativa dominated skunks. It's a subtle variance in leaf structure most wouldn't even notice. It's possible inbreeding could make it less prevelant in certain lines bred for more indica traits.

Oscar Golph

420club
Well this leaf is displaying it. It's very common in old skunks. All livers cuts I have seen have it, just like cheese, it's a sign of maturity in classic sativa dominated skunks. It's a subtle variance in leaf structure most wouldn't even notice. It's possible inbreeding could make it less prevelant in certain lines bred for more indica traits.
Yeah, I understand what you are saying, looking more closely it does have a slight double serration, and maybe my memory isn't as great as it was, saying that, the last time I grew this plant was in around 2010 and maybe you are right, I had my comps and all records confiscated, so I don't have a reference to look at other than online, the point of this exercise is basically history, I am trying to put the story together as best I can, and trace up this plant I have in particular, which I can 100 % say is from 2008, but can't 100% say it was the cut I passed to this person back in the day, which certainly was the livers cut, anyways, thanks for the info bro here is a pic I just took

Attachments

• IMG_20240217_160703.jpg
    IMG_20240217_160703.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18

Oscar Golph

420club
Yeah, I understand what you are saying, looking more closely it does have a slight double serration, and maybe my memory isn't as great as it was, saying that, the last time I grew this plant was in around 2010 and maybe you are right, I had my comps and all records confiscated, so I don't have a reference to look at other than online, the point of this exercise is basically history, I am trying to put the story together as best I can, and trace up this plant I have in particular, which I can 100 % say is from 2008, but can't 100% say it was the cut I passed to this person back in the day, which certainly was the livers cut, anyways, thanks for the info bro here is a pic I just took
Ime waiting on a sample test I will be giving the team whom used to knock the bud out, they are saying ( so far) that they are convinced it's is what they say, but have not yet sampled the product grown by myself and are going by the aroma the look and the fact that the guy I gave it to is The same guy they themselves bought some smoke from and seem to suggest it is, ( mky Rochdale end), we shall see

Oscar Golph

420club
Would anyone suggest that morphology could slightly shift over time ?, I know one might see variance according to each grower/area, and I am trying to replicate how I used to grow it using hps and top fed, into Coco, but since 2008, the moms have been soil kept, so there may be some slight divergence ?

Oscar Golph

420club
Would anyone suggest that morphology could slightly shift over time ?, I know one might see variance according to each grower/area, and I am trying to replicate how I used to grow it using hps and top fed, into Coco, but since 2008, the moms have been soil kept, so there may be some slight divergence ?
Anyways, this is the leaf strata from left to right, is top to bottom and in the 5th week of a flowering period cola, it seems that the serration development is more apparent in the later stages certainly in flower.

Attachments

• IMG_20240217_193438.jpg
    IMG_20240217_193438.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 23

Greaselightning

yeh certainly ive seen this myself over the years with cuttings,(y) the high seems to get stronger over time if you ask me, ive had one plant weaker the first time round then. stronger the next it also looked different to. like clones they look totally different then the seed plant it where cloned from.(y)

Shua1991

yeh certainly ive seen this myself over the years with cuttings,(y) the high seems to get stronger over time if you ask me, ive had one plant weaker the first time round then. stronger the next it also looked different to. like clones they look totally different then the seed plant it where cloned from.(y)
This is a cheese/classic skunk trait. Usually takes about 5-6 months for the full maturity to be achieved, first harvest is usually Inferior to the second harvest, which is why you never make breeding selections on skunks based on their first harvest, or with old school sativas and their hybrids(Cheese/Livers/Blues)

Greaselightning

This is a cheese/classic skunk trait. Usually takes about 5-6 months for the full maturity to be achieved, first harvest is usually Inferior to the second harvest, which is why you never make breeding selections on skunks based on their first harvest, or with old school sativas and their hybrids(Cheese/Livers/Blues)
yeh that makes alot of sense bud, i have seen this alot with skunk type plants(y) clones always that bit better then the seed it came from.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I think what y'all are describing is the grower becoming familiar with growing a variety. The more you grow it the better you become at knowing what it needs and when. Including when the preferred harvest time is. Especially with plants from seed. It has never been grown before and regardless if you have grown the sisters, brothers, mothers, or fathers. It is going to be different with every seed.

Ime waiting on a sample test I will be giving the team whom used to knock the bud out, they are saying ( so far) that they are convinced it's is what they say, but have not yet sampled the product grown by myself and are going by the aroma the look and the fact that the guy I gave it to is The same guy they themselves bought some smoke from and seem to suggest it is, ( mky Rochdale end), we shall see
What did the team say?
Have you still got the cutt. Thanks 😊

Oscar Golph

420club
What did the team say?
Have you still got the cutt. Thanks 😊
For all intents and purposes, so far, it seems to be the cut, the thing being, it's so old it isnt as vigorous as it might once have been. Although still pretty potent and very pungent, it seems slightly at odds in how i remember it personally, in growth. It hits all other markers from the old chongers, and they say it is still delicious and is "IT", i would hazard an educated guess and say it is. There are various reasons for this conclusion, but no science whatsoever lol.
Ideally it could do with being meristem washed, and re-started, but the chance of that is remote in the current climate of paranoia on the Island, unless i was to do the tissue clean myself, but ime old af and dont really want to set a lab up, although i could, it isnt economically viable as an option.

I have reversed the cut and am waiting on pollen sacs opening, we shall see how that goes.
your welcome bro.

For all intents and purposes, so far, it seems to be the cut, the thing being, it's so old it isnt as vigorous as it might once have been. Although still pretty potent and very pungent, it seems slightly at odds in how i remember it personally, in growth. It hits all other markers from the old chongers, and they say it is still delicious and is "IT", i would hazard an educated guess and say it is. There are various reasons for this conclusion, but no science whatsoever lol.
Ideally it could do with being meristem washed, and re-started, but the chance of that is remote in the current climate of paranoia on the Island, unless i was to do the tissue clean myself, but ime old af and dont really want to set a lab up, although i could, it isnt economically viable as an option.

I have reversed the cut and am waiting on pollen sacs opening, we shall see how that goes.
your welcome bro.
Nice one, Appreciate the reply. I've been trying to get my hands on the livers cutt for many of years now. I believe it maybe the livers that I used to get on the regular from a good friend in the Sheffield/tinsley area 12-15 years back, but I was allways passed it with the name blues attached.
I have gone through no-end of so called blues cutts/seed since in hope of finding a close match but nothing has compared to what I was getting back then. I still frequently find myself visiting people when they say they have blues just to be disappointed and left feeling robbed 😆
Would be nice to no if it is even the livers I'm chasing.
If you ever want to chuck a livers cutt away then let me no where your bin is 😉 ahaha cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts