What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Livers aka UK Blues.

MarineOne

Livers was a cutting only back from the early 90s. I grew it for 15 years and somehow lost it. Would love to get the original back but in the last 15 years have never seen anything that comes close to it. The cutting when it went Into Barnsley was named Barnsley jack.
Didn't mephistogenetics do a Liver auto a while back? I remember it being very Good.

livers#1

do you know the liversedge connection to this variant ? A guy called Arnold Layne had the cut years ago, ime sure there is another thread with his pics of it on there.
I don't know who this Liversedge connection is you talk about. But your replying to livers who this strain was named after. That's why I'd love to find this strain again but I don't think it's still about no one I know has seen it for at least 12 years.

Oscar Golph

420club
I don't know who this Liversedge connection is you talk about. But your replying to livers who this strain was named after. That's why I'd love to find this strain again but I don't think it's still about no one I know has seen it for at least 12 years.
Liversedge (Heckmondwike) is an area just up the road from M24 and in between wakefield bradford and huddersfield, it is the area the livers cut came from according to my sources, whom are local lads, one an old time reviewer long in the game, and one or two others, anyways, regardless of claims of origination or naming. i am not 100 pc sure it is the livers cut until grown out into flower, an accidently grown trial flower (piss poorly grown i might add) handed out to people whom like myself are very familiar with this variant seem to veer towards it being my cut, the one that i held for 4 years, that came the way i described above earlier, and i had passed to my nephew China, whom passed it to a guy called Obeng, passed it to an old freind of mine (J Bilal) in 2008, whom, since i came back from 4 years in the south of france and 12 years since M24 was the Main team who grew out and gave cuttings out from 2006 to 2010 in the birmingham, sheffield and manchester area of "the Blues" and not blues Ugorg seed variant, had held onto it, he was a cuts man but over the years he kinda went quiet on the blues side as people got turned on to the hype of modern variants and the blues was just to smelly for the big grower and little grower alike.

I did get told a story that it came from a brother of African Descent, but thats as far as i have got in the chase back across time. If it is the Original cut, i will post a pic once flowered and you can let me know, although the guy who originally brought me the cuts to my home ( 2006 livers) believes it is according to taste look and aroma, i dont know as i lost my sense of smell in Kashmir in 2011 whilst pheno tripping in the mountains ..

Last edited:

Oscar Golph

420club
Didn't mephistogenetics do a Liver auto a while back? I remember it being very Good.
I remember someone crossing it with a Green Crack male, (skunk 1) i cant remember the seed sellers name, and i bought some seeds that didnt pop, i was hoping something interesting might have came out of them but unfortunately the seed pods wouldnt realease from the plant head. not heard of memphisto doing any Livers, but it is poss.

livers#1

Liversedge (Heckmondwike) is an area just up the road from M24 and in between wakefield bradford and huddersfield, it is the area the livers cut came from according to my sources, whom are local lads, one an old time reviewer long in the game, and one or two others, anyways, regardless of claims of origination or naming. i am not 100 pc sure it is the livers cut until grown out into flower, an accidently grown trial flower (piss poorly grown i might add) handed out to people whom like myself are very familiar with this variant seem to veer towards it being my cut, the one that i held for 4 years, that came the way i described above earlier, and i had passed to my nephew China, whom passed it to a guy called Obeng, passed it to an old freind of mine (J Bilal) in 2008, whom, since i came back from 4 years in the south of france and 12 years since M24 was the Main team who grew out and gave cuttings out from 2006 to 2010 in the birmingham, sheffield and manchester area of "the Blues" and not blues Ugorg seed variant, had held onto it, he was a cuts man but over the years he kinda went quiet on the blues side as people got turned on to the hype of modern variants and the blues was just to smelly for the big grower and little grower alike.

I did get told a story that it came from a brother of African Descent, but thats as far as i have got in the chase back across time. If it is the Original cut, i will post a pic once flowered and you can let me know, although the guy who originally brought me the cuts to my home ( 2006 livers) believes it is according to taste look and aroma, i dont know as i lost my sense of smell in Kashmir in 2011 whilst pheno tripping in the mountains ..
The cutting first came about in the early 90s to me in sheffield. It actually came from a friend who lived in Newcastle where 2 plants were crossed to make the strain. No one knew what the weed was called and for some strange bizarre reason people started calling it livers after me. I grew this plant for 15 years back then it was the cali weed of weeds. Lost the cutting after 15 years. I honestly think the cutting went out of existence because no matter what equipment you used you could smell it 5 houses down the road. People who grew this strain either got busted or robbed.

Oscar Golph

420club
anyways, we will know soon enough bro :). i will post a pic, what i have at the moment is very familiar looking to me, for me, livers ihas a more leathery leaf, very dark, and the serration is very kinda sharp, plus it has a long middle frond in a 5 frond leaf patern, and has a distinctive dark blue shade to its colouring under day light, the bud was quite a full calyx and smoked lika a sativa, whilst growing like an indica.

bimblebrains_1

The cutting first came about in the early 90s to me in sheffield. It actually came from a friend who lived in Newcastle where 2 plants were crossed to make the strain. No one knew what the weed was called and for some strange bizarre reason people started calling it livers after me. I grew this plant for 15 years back then it was the cali weed of weeds. Lost the cutting after 15 years. I honestly think the cutting went out of existence because no matter what equipment you used you could smell it 5 houses down the road. People who grew this strain either got busted or robbed.
The sheff blues is still around,there's a guy called Skotty on here that has posted recent pics in one of the exodus cheese threads..

Wnikk

Has any1 had any experience with these autos

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48

bimblebrains_1

Has any1 had any experience with these autos
No but have been recommended them,from what I hear any decent autos on the market from other companies are mostly made using mephisto lines,these guys are the ones that have put the serious work in

Wnikk

No but have been recommended them,from what I hear any decent autos on the market from other companies are mostly made using mephisto lines,these guys are the ones that have put the serious work in
Hi mate, that’s good to hear.
I’ve been on the hunt for that old school Sheff blues flavour, finger crossed.
I’ve got a really nice cheese cut but it’s not the same, I wanted to try the ugorg blues regs but can’t find them anywhere! I would love that collectors pack they did but again I think it’s sold out.
Ive just popped some skunk1s regs and fems but I’ve got more chance of winning the lottery then finding that pheno. But here goes

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have always wondered and asked many people, how the hell did a skunk strain get named Livers or Blues. Thanks for clearing one of those up!

bimblebrains_1

Hi mate, that’s good to hear.
I’ve been on the hunt for that old school Sheff blues flavour, finger crossed.
I’ve got a really nice cheese cut but it’s not the same, I wanted to try the ugorg blues regs but can’t find them anywhere! I would love that collectors pack they did but again I think it’s sold out.
Ive just popped some skunk1s regs and fems but I’ve got more chance of winning the lottery then finding that pheno. But here goes
Be very interesting to see if any of the skunky/blues profile comes thru,will you keep some beans back to make more seed?well are they even regs? Cuz if that smell is there be a shame to loose the line being as you canny clone autos

Wnikk

Be very interesting to see if any of the skunky/blues profile comes thru,will you keep some beans back to make more seed?well are they even regs? Cuz if that smell is there be a shame to loose the line being as you canny clone autos
.im hoping the mephisto autos are the real deal, I’ve got 2 packs, if they are decent I’ll grab some more. I’ve got some sk1 regs from sensi seeds to try a hunt but u realise it’s a long shot getting the blues flavour.

bimblebrains_1

.im hoping the mephisto autos are the real deal, I’ve got 2 packs, if they are decent I’ll grab some more. I’ve got some sk1 regs from sensi seeds to try a hunt but u realise it’s a long shot getting the blues flavour.
They should be good mate aye,as for the sensi stock ...I wouldn't waste your time or leccy

Latest posts

Latest posts