What's new

LIVE from 5,000 below on the Gulf floor!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
because it probably wont work. the depth they drilled to in the earth under the ocean is pushing it out at 100,000 lbs per square inch. We do not have the engineering to seal this leak. If they get it sealed like this is will be a miracle.

The BOP
(Blow Out Preventer) would have stopped it - if it had worked in this case.

It worked on other occasions @ similar depths though, "just" not this one.

S

sparkjumper

Yea man I heard the announcement myself what a blessed relief.Now if everything stays cool they can really start cleaning up

Frozenguy

Veteran
Thank god..

:groupwave: :woohoo:

:smoke out:

I still dont get what the hold up on those skimmers was.. At the very least, its a sign of our governments incompetence.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
:yoinks:

BP cautioned that the oil cutoff, while welcomed, isn't lilkely to go beyond the 48 hours. Valves are expected to open after that to resume siphoning oil to two ships on the surface, the Q4000 and Helix Producer, as government and BP officials assess the data and decide what to do next.
Allen said the cap was not designed to permanently shut in the well -- it was meant to move to a four-vessel containment system and assure redundancy in the event of a hurricane.

Read the whole story HERE.

S

sparkjumper

He could have repealed the Jones act and accepted help from outside the country,he could have had many skimmers out that first week.He makes Bush look like George Fuckin Washington

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Now our Government says "Attach hoses and pump off the oil" from the previously leaking but now sealed well.

BP Says the way it is now it can stay for weeks
(until they seal the well bore with mud and cement next month)

The only way to figure exactly how much oil has flown in to the Gulf is to pump out the oil from the now not leaking well.

BP will have to pay $4,300 per day per barrel of leaked out oil in fines adding up to well over $20,000,000,000 in fines.

Nice little chunk of change our Government can make off this huh?

Now we know why they want the oil pumped out instead of leaving it alone.

...it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$