What's new

Light controller w/timer for small kit DIY

High74

Executive Branch Genetics
Veteran
Tell me if you need more or clearer pics of certain parts, Cheers Hammer I really appreciate you're help you have no idea, trying to get a hold of this guy is like trying to get a hold of the president

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to see the one you got... You have a 3 prong dryer outlet that does not have a neutral. You will need to run a white wire.. If you have a multimeter and test your 240v outlet you wont have 120v there no white wire...It will most likely be a pain to return it thats why I just fixed mine and learned a lesson

High74

Veteran
damn I wish I understood what ur talking about, when it comes to this stuff my mind goes blank lol I dont have any tools or anything, this is turning in to a nightmare

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we can help you fix it if you want to do that.. The outlets are not 6-20r they are 6-15r. You can use it the way its wired the only issue is the 4 prong cord.. The biggest problem I have is the 30a breaker directly to the outlets there only rated for 15a..

the quick fix would be to replae the cord with a 3 prong but you would need to rewire the white to the ground wire and thas not safe... rives might know a way to fix that.

High74

Veteran
I know it cant be as simple as me changing the dryer outlet.
If Im going to have to run wire from this box to my box then im screwed.

So you're saying I should change the 30amp break to two 20 amp breakers?

High74

Veteran
I emailed this guy and his email box is full, I just left two messages on his phone so who knows. As it stands now I would not recommend this guy to anyone

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya thats what I did.. You dont have many choices you need 4 wires to have 120v/240v. Your dryer outlet was not wired for 120v only 240v.. You will need to add a white wire from the main eletrical pannel all the way to that outlet and change it to a 4 prong.....

If you use a 3 prong cord the ground wire is used as a neutral return and is not to code. Sunlight supply controller is wired like this...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
11312.png

High74

Veteran
thanks for all your help Hammer, Im so frustrated i cant even see straight, i want to ring this guys neck like you have no idea. I told this jerk off 4 or 5 times i needed three prong and yeah said over and over no problem.

Looks like I have me a fun filled day at lowes or home depot

this is me venting, damn im pissed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand it will work itself out... when rives get online he might have some ideas

Tactician

That Siemens EQL4100 is perfect for making a lighting controller up to 8 ballasts. Siemens makes a common-trip quad 1515A breaker. Use two of the quad breakers, two 30A 2 pole contactors, a 4-gang box, some emt fittings, hook-up wire, terminal lugs, a wall-switch timer (Aube/Honeywell), 240V receptacles, and you'll have a safe lighting controller with breaker protection. You can change one of the quad breakers to 4 seperate tripped 15A breakers, wire those to two nema 5-15 receptacles in the other 2-gangs.

Built a few of these, they're pretty straight forward.

High74

Veteran
who says? I have no one to ask. This guy should not be in business. http://www.dxsoundco.com/

My only way of getting help now is going to home depot or lowes.

All bullshit aside im shocked bro I told this guy 4 times to use a 3 prong and even sent him a email. and he took an month and half to send it to me,

I dont even know which ones are timed !!!! I want toring this guys neck real bad. IM about to drink this beer and roll a blunt to the head. I really do wish bad karma on this guy i really really do

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what dx says... It's really not a hard fix it's that fact that you should not need to fix it..

High74

Veteran
the man needs a good 4 prong beating if ya ask me, then maybe he will listen to what he is getting paid for.

like I said I dont even know which ones are timed and he didnt add a breaker like there is in the picture of the product ontop of that fact he used the wrong prong and took over a month and a half

If I was a hacker I would shut this guys site down that's how pissed I am http://www.dxsoundco.com/