What's new

life on the chaingang

well people i have made the decision to pack up my belongings and move south of the border. got it narrowed down to either panama or venezuela. question is any one out there living in either of these places...do you enjoy being there and what are the marijuana laws like in these 2 locations? any feedback or input would be appreciated. we are not leaving immediately for i have more to research and learn about before leaping overboard just yet..but it will definately happen, without doubt. perhaps you are living in columbia or peru, or elsewhere in south america..feel free to share your experiences with us. any and all contributions are gladly accepted and welcomed

obH20

NOKUY

Veteran
if your a US citizen i wouldent do it.

yeah if it doesnt kill you it will make you stronger, but i think your in for a very very rude awakening.

good luck :wave:

well that is an interesting perspective...although i was looking for feedback from people that actually live there...i am sure someone is out there...anyone?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you'd like to forge a few frontiers then go north to alaska where the govt. just doesn't come fvckin with you....... just imo I'd stay in the states.

EDIT: In Venezuela they just hate americans, you'd be
the first guy to be sold out by a local who knows the
language and the ways of those govts.......

Last edited:
depends on what part of the country you are actually going to live in. what country are you planning to live in exactly, also i suggest to take american hand guns.....for some reason, they trade very well to a local farmer in peru....

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Move to Belize instead.

I'll see ya' there one day. Seriously!

Growing some personal out there would be easy.

Be ready to see the worst kind of poverty you've ever witnessed & I hope you have visited a couple times before you move there. What if you get there and you don't like it? Living somewhere you don't like really sucks. Make sure you plan everything out. How are you going to make money? Where are you going to live? Do you speak their language fluently? You need to know things like that. This isn't the United States, you will literally be entering a whole new world. Don't let that deter you though, if its your dream to live down there than I can support that. I've traveled all over the world by hiking, driving, hitchhiking, etc... so I understand that itch ya' got. Just understand it wont be easy.

But if you want to move to Venezuela, I believe someone in the Castro thread said they were from there. Sorry, I can't remember who off the top of my head because I am fucking stoned. Hey, its Sunday... its what I do.

Last edited:

TwoOhSix!

Venezuela is not a good place to go due to political corruption, ect. I've heard the same about colombia. Nicer places would be Chile, or Argentina or Belize like Rudolph said.

ok..now we are gaining some ground here people..i am leaning towards panama for various reasons..us currency is used..health care is good..cost of living..my $800,000 triples in value to about $2.4 m beautiful weather... one of the most stable govt,s in south america and of course the local ditchweed in the backyard is panama red. so thinking along that line it was looking real attractive, i have spent time in prison so there is not likely going to be much of a conditional shock reaction to poverty or crime, since my current understanding is you can rent a decent apartment there for a couple hundred a month.. with local foods being dirt cheap...and there are droves of us expatriots moving there every day. all i am really looking for is someone that has or does live in south america..preferably panama...possibly venezuela. if you want to get an idea of what is going on check out escapeartist.com and look for living and investing in panama or venezuela..lots of relatively current info.. thank you all for helping out obH20

have you checked out the northern tropical part of australia? similar climate to where your wanting to go, slightly lower living cost and housing cost compared to the US, the government is totally stable, and everyone speaks english.

NOKUY

Veteran
oldbongwater said:
ok..now we are gaining some ground here people..i am leaning towards panama for various reasons..us currency is used..health care is good..cost of living..my $800,000 triples in value to about $2.4 m beautiful weather... one of the most stable govt,s in south america and of course the local ditchweed in the backyard is panama red. so thinking along that line it was looking real attractive, i have spent time in prison so there is not likely going to be much of a conditional shock reaction to poverty or crime, since my current understanding is you can rent a decent apartment there for a couple hundred a month.. with local foods being dirt cheap...and there are droves of us expatriots moving there every day. all i am really looking for is someone that has or does live in south america..preferably panama...possibly venezuela. if you want to get an idea of what is going on check out escapeartist.com and look for living and investing in panama or venezuela..lots of relatively current info.. thank you all for helping out obH20

value of land for your lifetime is in kodiak or prince william sound alaska...

...haha do whatever tho...

and plz prove me wrong. :headbange

greenhead

Veteran
RudolfTheRed said:
But if you want to move to Venezuela, I believe someone in the Castro thread said they were from there. Sorry, I can't remember who off the top of my head because I am fucking stoned. Hey, its Sunday... its what I do.

Somebody with radical in his name, and he highly recommends the place. It's a wonderful place from what I hear.

:joint: :wave:

chaingang

chaingang

i may be "new" here but i am 53 and have been growing for 30 years, not that it matters though..i appreciate any and all responces wheather i am appreciated or not..but like i say ...thanks anyway

JohnnyATL

Veteran
alright so i spent a little time in the Caribbean in a place called Tulum, Mexico and i want to go back as soon as i finish up university.

If you have 800,000 dollars to use, you could easily buy a apartment for around 50,000. I have alot of ex-pat friends that have just bought up real estate in the mayan rivera and just rent property and easily get by. Food is crazy cheap (like 50 cents for a kilo of limes) and ribeye steaks for like 2 or 3 dollars at the supermarket. Also Tulum is the next big place to explode south of cancun and playa del carmen, and some say the beaches there are the best in the world. I know i have seen it on alot of the travel channels best beachs shows.

As for the people who say you need to be fluent in spanish, they are dead wrong. Meet some locals, and study some of the basics, and it will be super easy to pick it up. Be prepared to hear some local slang though cause it wont be like your typical spanish class lesson.

greenhead

Veteran
NOKUY said:
awww thats not fair....what did it say?

He shouldn't have deleted it. I don't remember word 4 word what he wrote, but if he chose to delete his own post, then I'm not going to repeat it. Basically, certain places down there are not all that safe, though his post was a bit more detailed, to say the least, lol. That's what I got from his post at least.

:joint: :wave: