What's new

lets us ( pray ) I mean let us talk about pH

i grew in coco before, checked my ph one time, some of u soil guys might want to check your mix from time and again if your having troubles, it is possible to check your ph and do nothing. just a tool u can use without worry of ruining your organic religeon. .

KONY

Veteran
I can't tell you what others are doing that requires them to monitor pH regularly (except for VerdantGreen... homie has tap water with a pH of 9). I can only tell you what I do and that I do it without a pH meter. If you want my soil mix and feeding regimen, hit me up.

In one short sentence, you are everything wrong with this site. People like you with very little real life experience, but have read lots, shouting off nonsense and crap as facts. Then making recommendations to others? WTF

Then trying to post here like you know more than Tom?

You just don't get it. Your plants may grow okay, but I want my plants perfect, I want a gram per watt everytime. I want quality.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's called having a discussion KONY - thats what these threads are about. so why dont you tell us what you think about pH rather than attacking other well respected members of the community.

VG

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
In one short sentence, you are everything wrong with this site.

As it turns out, you were able to put several short sentences together. You should give yourself more credit.

People like you with very little real life experience, but have read lots, shouting off nonsense and crap as facts...

Eighteen years of growing doesn't work for you? Fair enough.

Then making recommendations to others? WTF

Yep, and I have one for you: try treating others with respect.

Then trying to post here like you know more than Tom?

Before you commit to swinging from Tom's nutsack, go ask Tom if he feels I was acting like I have more knowledge than him.

You just don't get it. Your plants may grow okay, but I want my plants perfect, I want a gram per watt everytime. I want quality.

Well then you and I both want the same thing. Hopefully the one thing we don't have in common are your interpersonal skills.

Keep it green, KONY. :tiphat:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
How did Jesus check his ph?....you know that guy grew herbs.
EDIT: Probably used non-chlorinated well water...ya' think?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
joseph used his coat of many colours, jesus just pulled a miracle changed the water to somewhere around 6. ;)

did you read about the time he fed 5000 plants with two handfuls of fishmeal? :D

How did Jesus check his ph?....you know that guy grew herbs.
EDIT: Probably used non-chlorinated well water...ya' think?

Actually it is extremely interesting how Jesus always uses plants in his analogies. I never really FULLY understood what He meant until I actually took on gardening as a hobby. DEEP stuff man, even if you don't believe he was God you really have to admit he knew his plants...almost so well it was like HE made them! ;)

John 15: 1-6
I am the true vine, my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch of mine that bears no fruit, he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear fruit. ... I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from him you can do nothing. If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the blades are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned

loki3xb

I would like to first say... AMAZING Thread. I didnt read though the whole 9 pages but I glanced.

I never check my PH in my soil grow, I feel with a good soil and some good teas the PH will moderate its self and give the girls what they need. Im sorry I cant get as scientific as some of the posts on here, as I am new to this whole field, but would just like to throw in my 2 cents.

As dignan said "Keep it Green" BTW the Dig very funny post..

NUG-JUG

how does one check ph again? i cant even remember lol

You take off the cap, batteries are dead cuz you left it on, find fresh batteries. Swirl in water..uh oh it's 7.2 that's like not in the right range man...add a couple drops of ph down....ahhh fuck 6.2?? I must have put too much...dilute with water....dammit 6.4? I f$%@in dumped half out!....add ph up? throw pen in trash...smoke a bowl and forget the trauma.

Lisdexik

I try to think in terms of water quality, not PH

Make a friend with a well, or get water from a clean outside source.

I've never screwed with PH, but I have experimented with different water sources and it is ALL about quality. Stream water is the shit.

J

JackTheGrower

Me too.....are we lucky?
I don't even know where my meter is anymore.

Central Valley Farming area...

I think our water comes from the Mountains and Rivers.. So it's not recycled or treated to be shipped long distances.

You take off the cap, batteries are dead cuz you left it on, find fresh batteries. Swirl in water..uh oh it's 7.2 that's like not in the right range man...add a couple drops of ph down....ahhh fuck 6.2?? I must have put too much...dilute with water....dammit 6.4? I f$%@in dumped half out!....add ph up? throw pen in trash...smoke a bowl and forget the trauma.

HAHA exactly!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chasing the perfect 'PH' is a fool's errand in an organic soil paradigm.

Having said that, I'm in the minority in the lexicon of growing cannabis. The so-called 'PH' deal is a hold-over from the goober hydroponic processes. A process completely lacking in understanding on how organic macro and micro nutrients are assimilated via the soil foodweb.

Some stupidity refuses to die regardless of any real science but again, my observations are in the minority by those who live and die by the perfect 'PH' deal.

Absolute. CC is God. Potential Hydrogen = pH

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Absolute. CC is God. Potential Hydrogen = pH
Having met the man in person he doesn't look like what you'd think God would look like.....lol. I've learned a lot from CC and have to say that he is also a very giving person and always willing to help someone who isn't a complete asshole...he always kicks me bags of this and that for amending my soil mix...as well as kicking down other things :)
Definitely missed around here.