What's new

Let's see your frostiest bud!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I got her from a good friend. I do not know where he got her from. He gave me the cut he was getting. I will provide him with new cuts.. Wifi 43 is coming :)

aligee

Veteran
Tresdawg ix

Tresdawg ix

picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can expect that bean, wrapped up all Christmas-y, to be dropped in tomorrows post? :D

DrFever

Veteran
f2's with this tresdawg ix male,to preserve this line..
View Image
Only problem with F2 is it will vary more, you get maybe 3-4 plants out of 10 seeds that will be true, the rest will be a little different. F2 stock phenotypes will vary more than F1 stock. And it gets worse as you progress to F3, F4 etc.

dabking

Only problem with F2 is it will vary more, you get maybe 3-4 plants out of 10 seeds that will be true, the rest will be a little different. F2 stock phenotypes will vary more than F1 stock. And it gets worse as you progress to F3, F4 etc.

if you know what to look for then it's selective breeding and you can narrow down the pheno for more consistent offspring, only when crossing back to the original f1 mother. Correct me if I am wrong.

F

Fields~of~Green

There not even f2's really either

Ix = incross of select male and female so there not f1 generation
F2 would be an open pollenation with many males and females for true preservation of genetics

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran

Yes a F2 will throw open the genetic pool, so more varience also variences from both parents.

But f3's f4;s f5;s etc. the outcome is in the selection and Stable'niss of the selected traits, They should be more on Selected pheno then the F2, and should be getting more Treu growing for selected traits.

Also he Icrossed a IX (which in this case is a F2) so he just made a F3.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran

F2 would be an open pollenation with many males and females for true preservation of genetics

This is not right. Also a One On One F1 x F1 is a f2.

De IX thing is somthing online breeder started using Its a bit of a wide thing, can be everthing Incrossed, F1 x F1 , F1 x F3 etc.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran

that's wrong. like karma said whenever you take any 2 plants. and cross them its called an F1. unless the two plants you're crossing are directly related father/mother/daughter/son in which case it's called a BC(bx) back cross.

take 2 random plants and cross em, the offspring is f1. cross any of the offspring with each other or one of the parents it's still and F1 but since they're related its a BC. take any of the parents or offspring and cross to another unrelated plant and voila. back to F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts