What's new

Let's see your frostiest bud!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No pine. She has a unique blend of OG and the mango haze. I can taste both. Very nice mix of the 2.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran

Dried Triple Diesel. 3 random buds. 12 days since taken at 63 days of flower. They do not give even a bit when squeezed.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
that's wrong. like karma said whenever you take any 2 plants. and cross them its called an F1. unless the two plants you're crossing are directly related father/mother/daughter/son in which case it's called a BC(bx) back cross.

take 2 random plants and cross em, the offspring is f1. cross any of the offspring with each other or one of the parents it's still and F1 but since they're related its a BC. take any of the parents or offspring and cross to another unrelated plant and voila. back to F1.

Actually, a bx is when you cross an f1 back to one of its parents, not when you cross two f1s, that's an f2 aka second filial generation. I thought karma cleared it up quite well, but thanks for your 2cents

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Actually, a bx is when you cross an f1 back to one of its parents, not when you cross two f1s, that's an f2 aka second filial generation. I thought karma cleared it up quite well, but thanks for your 2cents

Um actually.... Stihg had it right. He never said X'ing two f1's.
He said taking an F1 and crossing it to mother, father.
I thought Stihg made this quite clear, he said it twice in his post,
but thanx for your 2cents though.

BCBD Purps
picture.php

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
take 2 random plants and cross em, the offspring is f1. cross any of the offspring with each other or one of the parents it's still and F1 but since they're related its a BC. take any of the parents or offspring and cross to another unrelated plant and voila. back to F1.

Maybe re read that? Cuz that's wrong cross two offspring from a cross and you have an f2, not a backcross:laughing::laughing:

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Plants being related does not make a backcross. True, parents in back crosses ARE related but only when your pollenating a previous generation, hence BACK crossing. A brother pollinating his sister is not a backcross it is inbreeding, creating an f2, which karma stated and stigh contradicted. Dayum, I'm a newb how do senior members and "hardmode" afficianados not know these simple genetic terms?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I think its a language issue. Im sure he meant what Karma said. Its pretty simple. I think maybe he wrote it in a way that may be misinterpreted? Maybe he should see how it came across and edit that post to simplify it. But I know what your sayin, and I think I know what he was trying to say. I was just bustin your bubble for bustin his. No biggie.
Carry on as you were. :tiphat:

F

Fields~of~Green

This is not right. Also a One On One F1 x F1 is a f2.

De IX thing is somthing online breeder started using Its a bit of a wide thing, can be everthing Incrossed, F1 x F1 , F1 x F3 etc.

I should have been more clear I was referring to aligee post

I know a one on one creates f2 as well 1x1 is more selective breeding with goals set and not preserving original genepool ,many males and females

Thanks for the ix info :tiphat:

And stig or whatever your name is crossing any two plants is not an f1its a polyhybrid
creating a true f1 would be two plants crossed from stable lines

There's not many true f1 seeds on the market today

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if that's true there are no true f1 lol.. We all make f1's all the time including the best breeders still making seeds like Karma.. having a stable line is not a must to make f1's. Polyhybrid's are still f1's. Even a stable line of a f1 is still a poly.. just because it says IBL doesn't mean much.. I wouldn't even use that term anymore. I still get variation in IBL Seeds.. . Rez chemdog IBL is no IBL. The seeds I grew where all over including hermies.

I took my selected cut of Peyote Purple s1 x to my slected Querkle male=(Purple Fostbyte f1) I then pollinated the (Purple frostbyte with the original Querkle male)(purple frostbyte bx1) in hopes of increasing the yield....So far it has worked like a charm:). This is what I have today. No reason to do it again from what I have read. It will not get any better. possibly induce bad traits. I have had better luck finding stable plants in s1's like the PP. I grew that strain for a long time all the plants where so close in looks to ea other you would think it was a IBL.

Alpha Phase

All this breeding info is interesting. I know this is a frosty buds thread, but I have a question and the breeding.. say if you take a white widow and a silver haze and crossed them.. WW x SH. Would that be an F1? Aren't all F1s hybrid? Anyways, then crossing the children made (WWxSH babies) back to the original mother or father plant (depending which plant you want more traits of to stabilize (I think that's how it works?) would be a SHWW bx1? Or no? Just trying to learn something here for a future project :)

dabking

From my understanding any time you take a progeny and cross it back to the original parent is a backcross. Example blueberry x haze = blue dream f1. Take f1 cross back to parent resulting in f1 bx. F1 x F1 = F2. F2 x F1 = F3. F3 x original parent = F3 back cross. And it goes on and on. Too much inbreeding will cause potential problems and bring out the undesirable traits.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
F stands for filial generation. F1xf1=f2, f2xf2=f3, and so on. Every generation that is inbred begins the subsequent filial generation. For ex, dj shorts blueberry is an f4. F1 is usually the most stable, f2s have more variation from recombining recessive traits, f3s are more stable from the combination of heterozygous traits, and the line will become more stable with every generation, also risking bringing out issues that were hidden in the genetics. Back to posting your frostiest buds, sorry to derail things

Dave Coulier

Veteran
All this breeding info is interesting. I know this is a frosty buds thread, but I have a question and the breeding.. say if you take a white widow and a silver haze and crossed them.. WW x SH. Would that be an F1? Aren't all F1s hybrid? Anyways, then crossing the children made (WWxSH babies) back to the original mother or father plant (depending which plant you want more traits of to stabilize (I think that's how it works?) would be a SHWW bx1? Or no? Just trying to learn something here for a future project :)

Its funny you mention a project of WW x SH. Do you mean Super Silver Haze? I have a small amount of SSH x WW seeds that CLS gifted me. Its been hard for me not to grow these out yet, so I can understand your desire to make it happen. :woohoo: Best of luck with your breeding project. Sounds tantalizingly fun.

And yes, it would be an F1 Hybrid in the initial cross. I believe you have the definition of a bx correct as well, but backcrossing aka cubing isn't the best method of breeding from what Ive learned in my time on these forums. There are many methods available so do some research before beginning your project and have a blast with it.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I'm ready for OGM whenever you are mang :) ;)

I'd love to get some MNS Mango Haze going sheesh.. but gonna have to settle for the poor man Sativas for now :) Nirvana's Raspberry Cough

Status
Not open for further replies.