What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

Pédetoddy

IMG20230302172025.jpg
is this a disease or ammonium toxity?

Cannabrainer

Can somebody please help me with this little problem? I am thinking about treating it with neem oil diluted in water, but can´t really tell if it will be effective given that I have never seen this before in any of my plants.

Attachments

• 20230331_171301.jpg
    20230331_171301.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 68

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Planted seed March 26. Had some issues with overwatering, fluctuating temperatures dipping below 50 F , and underfertiliziation.
Transplanting to stage 2 with a 1:20 ratio fertilized media according to the directions. Too easy to overwater. Hope they pull out. Anything else I'm missing?

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Transplanted to regular fertilized media after letting them dry out and they look much better. Was a just a couple days ago, but it looks like a lot of them will begin to grow soon. Planted a couple flats of seed as backups just in case.

The new flats were planted into regular fertilized media because the first ones seem hungry. The directions on the composted chicken manure say use in container planting at 1:20 ratio. I used about 12 cups in 2 cubic ft growing media with 1/4 cup dolomite lime.

Anyone have experience with Chicken Manure pellets?

Coop-poop is made by the same company and has directions for the rate.

experienced

Sometimes when yr seedlings are small they need extra Magnesium. Dilute a teaspoonful of Epsom Salts in a litre of water. Spray on and note any benefit.

experienced

Transplanted to regular fertilized media after letting them dry out and they look much better. Was a just a couple days ago, but it looks like a lot of them will begin to grow soon. Planted a couple flats of seed as backups just in case.

The new flats were planted into regular fertilized media because the first ones seem hungry. The directions on the composted chicken manure say use in container planting at 1:20 ratio. I used about 12 cups in 2 cubic ft growing media with 1/4 cup dolomite lime.

Anyone have experience with Chicken Manure pellets?

Coop-poop is made by the same company and has directions for the rate.

Sometimes when yr seedlings are small they need extra Magnesium. Dilute a teaspoonful of Epsom Salts in a litre of water. Spray on and note any benefit.

Chicken shit? Just don't use too much. Keep the fresh pellets away from stem and roots.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wasn't sure the rate of chicken manure compost to use. I just went by the label rate of 1:20 ratio. Does that sound right?

Thanks for the help.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Used the same mix for stage 2 transplants as germination media. How much should the seedling mix have? I went with the same rate because it didn't distinguish any differences on the label. I thought about cutting it back but didn't know how far to go, and I didn't want them to get hungry. 1:20 worked out to be 3 qts/12 cups per 2 cu ft media.

full

RobFromTX

Anyone know whats going on with my honduran sativa? Ive never had a seedling do this before. I already checked ph so im thinking it might be a nutrient deficiency of some sort

Attachments

• IMG_20230422_114420629_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230422_114420629_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone know whats going on with my honduran sativa? Ive never had a seedling do this before. I already checked ph so im thinking it might be a nutrient deficiency of some sort

Not caused by any root issue... I see that often when I get nutes on my leaves.

This is a simple deficiency issue. What would you use or do 1st ?
DSCN6915.JPG

experienced

Last time i had a plant with leaves that yellowed that way it was really high ph. Ive read zinc deficiency can do it too
Looks like typical Magnesium def. Maybe related to this variety. Happens often when plants are seedlings. Probably will grow out.

Easy tests for Magnesium deficiency: dilute teaspoon Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulphate in one pint of water. Spray on foliage. Should show improvement by next morning.

OR

lightly sprinkle (like sugar on a donut) Dolomite on soil and water in. Two days maybe to see results.

Ancient Old Far

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was hoping more people with less experience would play along. Learning to fix sick plants is close to the best thing to know about growing cannabis. You guys are correct it is a Mg deficiency. That plant also exhibits variegation..
I have a plant that is in flowering. It is 2 weeks from harvest. Can i use a spray. It was sheer luck i found this thread, I appreciate it very much.

Attachments

• 16826459904305458845593197940534.jpg
    16826459904305458845593197940534.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 85

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a plant that is in flowering. It is 2 weeks from harvest. Can i use a spray. It was sheer luck i found this thread, I appreciate it very much.
That's not 2 weeks from harvest?. She looks like 2 weeks into flower?. She isn't looking bad. Looks a bit hungry to me. We need all the details on your feed/PM garden for everyone to help you.

Azaik

Hi everyone, first time grower here. I am currently growing a Skunk #1 (Seedsman) and a China Yunnan (Ace Seeds). They are both a little over 4 weeks into flowering. The Skunk #1 is turning a lime green color on me, and the China Yunnan is getting some brown spots and tips on the leaves. They are both growing in 5 gallon fabric pots with FF ocean forest soil. The Skunk #1 is getting a little over a gallon of water every 2 days, and the China Yunnan is getting a gallon every 3 days. They are both getting 2 teaspoons of FF tiger bloom liquid fertilizer every other watering. I'm just watering with tap water thats been sitting out for 48-72 hours.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me identify what these ladies are lacking, or getting too much of. Any other advice is very welcome as well!

Attachments

• ChinaYunnanLeaf.jpg
    ChinaYunnanLeaf.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • ChinaYunnanLeaf2.jpg
    ChinaYunnanLeaf2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • Skunk.jpg
    Skunk.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • Skunk2.jpg
    Skunk2.jpg