What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

Bud rot? Bud tip dry and crispy late in flowering September outdoors. Doesn't have a smell or feel mushy. I have another spot on the bottom of my bud
IMG_20220920_152844939.jpg
IMG_20220921_183941710~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220920_152855089~2.jpg
    IMG_20220920_152855089~2.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20220920_152855089~3.jpg
    IMG_20220920_152855089~3.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Bud rot? Bud tip dry and crispy late in flowering September outdoors. Doesn't have a smell or feel mushy. I have another spot on the bottom of my bud View attachment 18759152
I do not see it. Many advise potassium bicarbonate for fungus. Just do not use Eagle 20 (myclobutanol) which is safe for food but not for smoke. I bought by mistake and luckily found out before using.

lemonade

Veteran
@Generic silver junkie Cant tell from those pics. You’ll have to dissect/snip apart some buds to be sure.

Imo theres nothing you can spray or apply once you have bud rot. You can try serenade i guess….

Im actually a fan of eagle 20/Nova. I only use it on mother plants and clones though.

Its systemic and lasts for at least 6 wks from what i understand however.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Thank you
Do you check leaves with microscope on bottom side for mites? I grow GG4 which smells very strong and had infested grow that did not smell. Just cut off sickly looking leaf and check with USB microscope. The eggs are small round balls, clear when new and black about to hatch. They like center bottom of leaf.

Attachments

• newbug.jpg
    newbug.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 74
  • newbug1.jpg
    newbug1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 69
Do you check leaves with microscope on bottom side for mites? I grow GG4 which smells very strong and had infested grow that did not smell. Just cut off sickly looking leaf and check with USB microscope. The eggs are small round balls, clear when new and black about to hatch. They like center bottom of leaf.
Will do I need some batteries for my microscope. I'll head out tomorrow and get some.

@Generic silver junkie Cant tell from those pics. You’ll have to dissect/snip apart some buds to be sure.

Imo theres nothing you can spray or apply once you have bud rot. You can try serenade i guess….

Im actually a fan of eagle 20/Nova. I only use it on mother plants and clones though.

I pulled some more dry bud material off of it and no mycelia or hyphae that I can find.

I think it caterpillar damage should I harvest early. I heard they eat quickly does the plant look like it should be harvest soon I think I have two weeks left
IMG_20220921_105551907.jpg

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Bud rot? Bud tip dry and crispy late in flowering September outdoors. Doesn't have a smell or feel mushy. I have another spot on the bottom of my bud View attachment 18759152
I get what u describe indoors. Late in flower some buds dry on the plant.
Some clones i regular grow like trainwreck or core cut show that most of the time. I think its kind of infection since it spreads on the branch when i don't pick the dry buds. Beside a little color change to a more fermented look nothing visible. The first times i also smoke tested and it was smokable right after picking. Not good but also not bad.
I'm not sure what it is. Maybe kind of viroide infction that only starts acting late in flower?

I get what u describe indoors. Late in flower some buds dry on the plant.
Some clones i regular grow like trainwreck or core cut show that most of the time. I think its kind of infection since it spreads on the branch when i don't pick the dry buds. Beside a little color change to a more fermented look nothing visible. The first times i also smoke tested and it was smokable right after picking. Not good but also not bad.
I'm not sure what it is. Maybe kind of viroide infction that only starts acting late in flower?
Yeah I'm not quite sure what it is either. I found a caterpillar or two on the leaves. So I'll be hunting tonight for some caterpillars and I might cut that bud off inspected

lemonade

Veteran
I think it caterpillar damage should I harvest early. I heard they eat quickly does the plant look like it should be harvest soon I think I have two weeks left View attachment 18759447
I see 2 areas on that cola that have a slightly darker green look and more red hairs. Again like the other fella you’ll have to do some dissection to be sure. Only so much we can see from pics.

We don't have X-Ray vision after all. ;)

Good luck! (y)

aimeone

Hi guys,

Would love to have your opinion on my plants with symptoms strongly appearing on flowering day 58.

It’s white lemon (8-9 weeks flowering reg. Breeder), sitting in 11l (3 gallons) shoes, with Plagron allmix soil (organic) under maxsisun 100 w LED panel in 0,6 m x 0.6 m tent. Temperatures are 24 degrees in 50-60% humidity.

Due to my tab water (35 mg/l Ca, 25 mg/l Mg) I add 1 ml of GHE CalMag (4% CaO 1% MgO) ending up more or less in 65 Ca and 30 Mg.
Also I add 2.5 ml/ l of plagron alga bloom, an organic fertilizer.

I have the feeling that buds didn’t really grow in the last one or two weeks. Two days ago I was watering/ feeding and immediately recognized how the edges of the leaves on top of the plant turned up like sharp blades. Now, two days later the upper leaves feel extremely dry and brittle, have a yellowish brownish Bronze look. Lower leaves still feel juicy but also show signs of a problem.

I actually can’t tell you the ph, since I didn’t consider it as important in an organic grow. Neither do I know the ec in the soil.

My guess would be a problem with potassium (deficiency or excess) or lockout of several nutrients. No exact idea. I know the plants are more or less at the end of there cycle but feels like I want to make that better in the future.

Attachments

• 9CB2A3AB-E495-449E-917B-D7663EE18371.jpeg
    9CB2A3AB-E495-449E-917B-D7663EE18371.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • BFC1AE1A-194C-46EA-82DC-3A100CBA2FA4.jpeg
    BFC1AE1A-194C-46EA-82DC-3A100CBA2FA4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • FD5352D1-AE30-4DE7-BC23-A29D25E0FFD3.jpeg
    FD5352D1-AE30-4DE7-BC23-A29D25E0FFD3.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 83

VenerableHippie

Hi guys,

Would love to have your opinion on my plants with symptoms strongly appearing on flowering day 58.
I actually can’t tell you the ph, since I didn’t consider it as important in an organic grow.
I know the plants are more or less at the end of there cycle but feels like I want to make that better in the future.
pH is important.

I think those leaves in the first image are displaying 'senescence'. That is they are not useful to the plant any more and the minerals within them are being used now by the flowers. (Think aged people whose hair is going grey.)

I can't see anything wrong with your plants. Any leaf yellowing is probably due to end of cycle. That is, ongoing senescence.

Cheers ...

Thcvhunter

Veteran

Check out the halflife of Eagle 20.
Stuff sticks around for years at unhealthy levels.

lemonade

Veteran
Check out the halflife of Eagle 20.
Stuff sticks around for years at unhealthy levels.
I appreciate the concern man! Unfortunately many people misuse pesticides. :(

Personally I’m not worried about the few milligrams of Nova that gets applied to my mother plants and clones.

Even assuming theres no decomposition whatsoever (not the case of course), by the time my treated clone is ready to harvest it has turned into kilos of biomass.

That couple milligrams of fungicide that was applied months prior is so diluted by then it’s absolutely negligible and harmless in my opinion.

To each his own though! :)

I realize others have different opinions on the matter. However these days I only grow for myself so don't worry, i’m the only one getting “poisoned”. ;)

St. Phatty

Do any of those bugs get high on the plants, in some way ?

Where their bodies or bug brains have cannabinoid receptors ?

or is it all about Food for them.

Pédetoddy

I usually germinate directly in the substrate but this time as i have been having a lot of germination problems i preferred to germinate on paper towels to see the process. The seed started to germinate but several cracks appeared in the radicle / hypocotyl.
What can it be?

Pédetoddy

I usually germinate directly in the substrate but this time as i have been having a lot of germination problems i preferred to germinate on paper towels to see the process. The seed started to germinate but several cracks appeared in the radicle / hypocotyl.
What can it be?
IMG20220925211849.jpg

IMG20220925211853.jpg
IMG20220925211916.jpg

Rúki

Sziasztok!
20221013_170536.jpg

Segítséget szeretnék kérni.
Kamilla teás pohárban áztattam a magokat kB 1-1,5 napig, utána zsebkendő, szintén kamilla teával spricnizem a zsepit. 2 nap múlva csírázta is szépen, majd áttettem őket easyJet plug szaporító kockákba. 2 nap múlva ki is bújtak szépen. Az 1. Levél megjelenése után átraktam őket a végleges helyükre a marrs hydro ts 1000-es szetthez kopott potokba. 2/3-ad florimo állt. virágföld, plusz 1/3ad perlit. A ledet kb 15 cm-re húztam feléjük. Itt kezdődött a baj. Másnapra lekonyult mind a kettő levele. Most felhúztam a fényforrást 40cm-re, és várom a csodát. Mi lehet az oka? Totál kezdő vagyok. Már hónapok óta csak a fórumot olvasom, azt hittem, hogy simán fog menni minden. De már az elején elakadtam. Kérlek titeket segítsetek pls...
)Előre is köszönöm a segítséget, és az építő kritikát.
)A növények Northern Lights, és Blueberry.
20221013_170555.jpg
20221013_170548.jpg

Last edited:

Rúki

Sziasztok termesztők! View attachment 18768734
Segítséget szeretnék kérni.
Kamilla teás pohárban áztattam a magokat kB 1-1,5 napig, utána zsebkendő, szintén kamilla teával spricnizem a zsepit. 2 nap múlva csírázta is szépen, majd áttettem őket easyJet plug szaporító kockákba. 2 nap múlva ki is bújtak szépen. Az 1. Levél megjelenése után átraktam őket a végleges helyükre a marrs hydro ts 1000-es szetthez kopott potokba. 2/3-ad florimo állt. virágföld, plusz 1/3ad perlit. A ledet kb 15 cm-re húztam feléjük. Itt kezdődött a baj. Másnapra lekonyult mind a kettő levele. Most felhúztam a fényforrást 40cm-re, és várom a csodát. Mi lehet az oka? Totál kezdő vagyok. Már hónapok óta csak a fórumot olvasom, azt hittem, hogy simán fog menni minden. De már az elején elakadtam. Kérlek titeket segítsetek pls...
)Előre is köszönöm a segítséget, és az építő kritikát.
)A növények Northern Lights, és Blueberry. View attachment 18768731 View attachment 18768733
A hátsó pontban lévő gorillának, és fehér özvegynek látszólag semmi baja, csak lassabban nőnek.
Mind a 4 mag autó.

Last edited: