What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

GoneGoose

oh i just love solving plant probs , so if anyone wants help ,i'll gladly help,,

after all thats what we are here for to how help each other,

come to Dr Hazy's surgery ,its free lol
Dear Doc, Here's one for you. Plants 5 weeks old. Indoor soil in airpots. First grow for me. No trimming or topping or pruning. Large stalks, lots of new growth. 16 / 8 light cycle. 400 watt Infinity light. Not sure what strains are, but seeds are from good source. Plants seem too bushy, are large leaves blocking light to new growth ? They seem kind of stunted. Please advise. Goose.

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    940.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    982.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 101

St. Phatty

Dear Doc, Here's one for you. Plants 5 weeks old. Indoor soil in airpots. First grow for me. No trimming or topping or pruning. Large stalks, lots of new growth. 16 / 8 light cycle. 400 watt Infinity light. Not sure what strains are, but seeds are from good source. Plants seem too bushy, are large leaves blocking light to new growth ? They seem kind of stunted. Please advise. Goose.

They look like your basic healthy Indica.

The color is wierd, but that might just be the lighting.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Not sure but probably phytotoxicity from throwing the kitchen sink at spider mite infestation. The neem was old and also added isopropyl, prevasyn (insanely hot pepper), and peppermint oil. In another application used old spinosad. Only other thing was fed them strong once while young, but would have expected tip burn, not whatever this is.

DSC00094.JPG

DSC00095.JPG

Lunchmoney

Not sure but probably phytotoxicity from throwing the kitchen sink at spider mite infestation. The neem was old and also added isopropyl, prevasyn (insanely hot pepper), and peppermint oil. In another application used old spinosad. Only other thing was fed them strong once while young, but would have expected tip burn, not whatever this is.

View attachment 18775866

View attachment 18775867

I have this happen often while my plants are in small nursery pots. I still haven’t got it pinpointed but the general consensus was unhappy roots. I have trouble above ground once plants are in ground they’re easier for me.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Not sure what's going on with this out door grown Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian.

Here's a cut and paste from my diary....

Next up we have the Mulanje X Malawi/Ethiopian.

Those of you who read this diary regularly will perhaps remember how for quite some time now, I've been saying that she is yellowing and has been under fed, and I'm still inclined to think that, but
over this last week or so she's been dropping a lot of yellow leaves and in the last 48hrs the leaves have all started to droop.
20221103_144634.jpg

20221103_144640.jpg

20221103_144656.jpg

20221103_145114.jpg

My first thoughts were perhaps that it is a fungal infection or that I've over watered big time. In the past when I've seen fungal attacks it's been on one part of the plant and then spread, but this is all of the plant at the same time.

I doubt it's over water as there are so many plants around it that take water from the area.

20221103_145140.jpg

20221103_145147.jpg

Not particularly toxic. She was given some bat guano top dressing on the 6th of October and has received weak strength organic pk weekly-10 days.

I've cut a branch and the stem is good; No black stuff.

Here's a picture of the lower stem and root area

20221103_145056.jpg

The roots are white and smell fine.

As to the plant itself, she's as good as stopped producing pistils. when I look with my loupe the trichomes are 75/25 clear/cloudy, so she ideally could well go further yet.

For some weeks I felt that she wasn't hitting her potential, but I put that down to lack of nitrogen earlier in the grow.

What do you guys reckon?

BigBreakfast

So my Bubblegum plant took a bit of a nose dive over the last week or two. I had just stopped giving it the veg nutes, i thought it was done with them given where it is in it's life cycle, and moved onto flowering nutes (plagron green sensation, a p k booster)

I was feeding veg nutes (biobizz grow, root juice and cal mag) on top of the biobizz all mix soil, as it started to yellow (around week 8) from the bottom before i switched it to flower. I did veg it for 12 weeks so i had presumed it used up all the nutrients in the soil. In this case the yellowing started happening on random leaves rather than from the base upwards. The soil PH was a little higher than 7, i gave it a small enough flush with PH 6. Been keeping the VPD between 1.10 and 1.30. Water it every three days, with nutrients two out of three waterings. The tent is 100cm x 50cm, the light is 2000w led, 200 power draw. Any ideas? The damaged leaves have gone through yellow and are now showing purple.

20th October:

20221020_080945.jpg

2nd November:
20221102_232355.jpg

5th of November:
20221105_221420.jpg
20221105_221436.jpg

@revegeta666

revegeta666

So my Bubblegum plant took a bit of a nose dive over the last week or two. I had just stopped giving it the veg nutes, i thought it was done with them given where it is in it's life cycle, and moved onto flowering nutes (plagron green sensation, a p k booster)

I was feeding veg nutes (biobizz grow, root juice and cal mag) on top of the biobizz all mix soil, as it started to yellow (around week 8) from the bottom before i switched it to flower. I did veg it for 12 weeks so i had presumed it used up all the nutrients in the soil. In this case the yellowing started happening on random leaves rather than from the base upwards. The soil PH was a little higher than 7, i gave it a small enough flush with PH 6. Been keeping the VPD between 1.10 and 1.30. Water it every three days, with nutrients two out of three waterings. The tent is 100cm x 50cm, the light is 2000w led, 200 power draw. Any ideas? The damaged leaves have gone through yellow and are now showing purple.

20th October:

View attachment 18778794

2nd November:

View attachment 18778795

5th of November:
View attachment 18778796 View attachment 18778797
@revegeta666
Thanks for tagging me. In the first picture the plant look overwatered already, and showing first signs of Mg deficiency imo. But is is a deficiency because of lack of Mg? Or is Mg locked out because of excess Ca? Mg could also be locked out if the overwaterinh has been constant. You say you are using calmag but in your post on the other thread mention that your tap water leaves white stains on the glasses. If that's the case I'm not sure a calmag supplement would be needed. It would be nice to know the EC of your tap water in case you overfed her with Ca. Let's see what others think. By the way biogrow is supposed to be used in small doses until harvest. Biobizz nutes are A+B which means you keep giving the A bottle (biogrow) while giving her the B (biobloom).

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I keep having the same problems with all my autos. How do i fix the problems before it happends again to my next plant. The plant starts growing fine for a lil bit of time then the leafs keep getting all yellow, dry, and crispy weeks before the plant is fully ripe. WTF do i keep doing so wrong. I can't fix my mistakes if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
20221229_104704.jpg

20221229_095730.jpg

iTarzan

Are you guys PHing the solutions you water with? Do you ever do a run off ph?

@#1cheesebuds and @BigBreakfast your plants look like a ph problem to me.

@Hombre your plants look like ones I had that a chipmunk, mole or gopher ate the roots up. When you pulled it was the rootball very small?

@locdog have you given it any calmag?

@GoneGoose just a slightly overwatered and underfed indica. Make it a sandwich and cut back watering.

Naindejardin

C253314C-8D45-4585-8DB3-4D2269327183.jpeg
A113B40A-FFE7-4D31-B58D-E78D2F473466.jpeg
378CD114-011B-46CF-B544-335D867C7D36.jpeg

Himalayan Sativas, 270w LED, Coast of Maine Soil, Roots Organics CaMg and TerpTea bloom, Tribus and MammothP. Not much else maybe molasses.

iTarzan

Isn't Coast of Maine water only? What is the NPK of Terp Tea Bloom? Your leaf tips are burned. The plant looks overwatered, over ferted and cal/mag is locked out from ph or something.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It looks just like some nitrogen deficiency to me. Plants feed heavy during flower, and I had that happen this year underfeeding outdoors in soil.

Are they getting a correct rate applied? Double check rate.

Naindejardin

@iTarzan hi, thanks for the reply. So the weird thing is, I was only supplementing with cal/mg and micros+molasses. However a PK deficiency showed, so then I hit them with Terp Tea (3-7-4), then this happened along with the claws and tip burn. So whatever this is was exacerbated by the Terp Tea. I use RO/DI water pH 6.7. @pipeline not sure about nitrogen deficiency, they’re dark green in the new growth, plus enough should be in substrate.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I have some plants about a foot that are nitrogen deficient. Is it OK to spray with GH Floragro till the feed catches up? If so how strong??

I usually run 1 clone strain but got bored and now running 10. It is Gush Mintz that seems to be the most faded green.

Also, can I jump 50% fertiiliizer strength at this point?? Was feeding 600 PPM.

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00102.JPG

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have some plants about a foot that are nitrogen deficient. Is it OK to spray with GH Floragro till the feed catches up? If so how strong??

I usually run 1 clone strain but got bored and now running 10. It is Gush Mintz that seems to be the most faded green.

Also, can I jump 50% fertiiliizer strength at this point?? Was feeding 600 PPM.

View attachment 18809372

View attachment 18809373
Do you feel like its newer or older growth that is yellowing? This looks a bit more like sulfur deficiency imo. Also need more details, room temp, rh, ph of feed vs ph of runoff. Ec of feed.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Do you feel like its newer or older growth that is yellowing? This looks a bit more like sulfur deficiency imo. Also need more details, room temp, rh, ph of feed vs ph of runoff. Ec of feed.
Behind on caring for them. Main concern is making sure veg plants do not get 2 spot spider mites from last grow. Also need to dump a couple of strains and get rid of lesser plants to reduce work. EC is 1.2 and 5.9 going in. No idea of runoff. Probably about 70F, but no heater when lights off. Humidity less than 50%.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Behind on caring for them. Main concern is making sure veg plants do not get 2 spot spider mites from last grow. Also need to dump a couple of strains and get rid of lesser plants to reduce work. EC is 1.2 and 5.9 going in. No idea of runoff. Probably about 70F, but no heater when lights off. Humidity less than 50%.
The first thing id do is measure runoff ec and ph. See whats coming out.