What's new

Let's join together and help each other quit cigarettes forever!

R

REDEYE_420

Well done Snype and the others who are quitting or who have quit the habit!

TOBACCHOE KILLS!

Snype

Veteran
So it's been 20 hours of having my last Cig and I just had an urge to smoke but I didn't. I harvested some Blue Cheese the other day and am about to roll a joint and hopefully that will take away the urge. I haven't smoked anything all day, including weed!

Hey snype. I also have good things to say about the E-cig. I does make me cough up alot of lung cheese for the first few days. After that regular cig just taste nasty. I ran out of refills so I am back on the wagon or off the wagon....oh wait I think thats just for booze, but ya get the point. I am pretty good if I just don't have that morning cig. I usually I smoke more pot. Something that gives me major cottonmouth makes me not want to smoke. I find it helpful to keep track of how much $ you are saving...Then go out and get something nice that you wouldn't normally buy. I save enough to get a very nice darby ray gun pipe. I just got to head over to the head shop and pick it up...I am currently saving up for a set of daves speed dreams mountain bike wheels. I need a $700 wheelset like I need a hole in the head, cuz its been many years since I raced, but I will then have the perfect bike.

jarff

Been smoking for 45+ yrs..up to three packs a day.....can,t stop...tried a thousand times.
It is worse then H. After all these yrs,it just wouldn,t be the same.My wife,daughter died of cancer...They were heavy smokers.
I really don,t think about it much,,,that is trying to quit.....All I can say is good luck to all you folks who want to quit.I feel if you really wanna stop you gotta go cold turkey.....The first three weeks are the worst or so I,ve been told by experts.Then it,s a breeze after that....but I have heard quitters say they still crave cigs every day even if they have been off them for yrs........It sure is poison.....In the end it is up to the individual whether or not they quit.....
anyhow...keep trying

jarff

Snype

Veteran
Been smoking for 45+ yrs..up to three packs a day.....can,t stop...tried a thousand times.
It is worse then H. After all these yrs,it just wouldn,t be the same.My wife,daughter died of cancer...They were heavy smokers.
I really don,t think about it much,,,that is trying to quit.....All I can say is good luck to all you folks who want to quit.I feel if you really wanna stop you gotta go cold turkey.....The first three weeks are the worst or so I,ve been told by experts.Then it,s a breeze after that....but I have heard quitters say they still crave cigs every day even if they have been off them for yrs........It sure is poison.....In the end it is up to the individual whether or not they quit.....
anyhow...keep trying
jarff
I'm sorry to hear about your wife and daughter. That's really sad.

I don't know if this has to do with me not smoking for a day but my throat is really sore. Another reason that I want to quit is that I lost some vision in my right eye about a month ago from staring into a 1000 watt HPS. I'm hoping if I can get my body healthy enough, then it can help heal it. I'm not having any cravings right now. After I smoked a joint I was fine. One of my friends came by a little while ago and smoked a cigarette right next to me and I didn't even ask him for one. I'm trying to put it in my mind that a cigarette = death so hopefully I can always see it that way cause I choose life.

Snype

Veteran
It has been 36 hours since my last Cig and I am feeling very sick. I don't have any urges to smoke but I just feel real bad. I'm going to try and sleep as much as I can. I feel like I have to puke.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im goin on 4 months. second time I quit, first time I went for 1 1/2 years. once u quit dont start again, its a lot harder the second time.

A

arrg

36 hours is long enough to just keep going if you have one again you will have to suffer the same next time you want to quit.

Good luck on the sleeping and if I where you I would tell people to please not smoke around me during that time or if it is their house just don't go there. You can do it lots of people have just fuck nicotine in any form they will all bring you right back.

Good luck to everyone.

screw tobacco in the butt that money stealing not getting anyone high crap drug.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Snype, hang in there buddy. Nicotine is out of your system after one week and any cravings after that are psychological.

Snype

Veteran
Still going strong. I really do want a Cig now but I won't do that to myself. It's warm outside and I'm freezing with goose bumps with 2 blankets. Haven't even smoked any weed today. I am a little depressed today though but doesn't have to do with Cigs. Had a plan today that fell through.

Snype

Veteran
Going on 44 hours and this is getting a lot harder. I don't even want a Cig but my body is all messed up. Very agitated, cold (but very hot too at times), hard to focus and concentrate, goose bumps. I find it helps to pace around the house. Things also taste very weird when I eat or drink anything (kind of like syrup). I need to smoke a joint.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
So I have been smoking cigarettes for over 20 years now and have tried to quit many times with no success.
I was you and I quit the last time for good.

Couple tips for success.

#1 Tell the truth 100% of the time, except when you have to protect your family. (Thanks Federal Govt.)

#2 Don't allow any Drama in your house. No "So and so did this to so and so" or, "My mother was so bad and that's why I...." or, "Well, I didn't do it and so and so was".....
If they're not part of the solution and thinking of positive and helpful things.... they can go talk outside of my house, on the porch.
(Eventually those people stop coming by)

Keep that up for 3-6 months and then......

#3 Smoke a pound of cannabis over 3-4 months like smokes.... a strain that works for YOU, without making you lethargic and stupid. :D

I had 2 dreams that I lit up a smoke.... woke up thinking I'd have to start counting how long I'd quit all over again. Besides that... it was like closing a window and walking away..... nothing like all the other times I tried to quit.

My lungs feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better! :jump::jump::jump:

Stay Safe! :tree: :blowbubbles:

edit: Over the past 7 years.... the thought of smoking a cig has been a continuously disgusting thought. NOT ONCE have I had a single 'feen' for a cig.... even when I was stressed and out of smoke. :D

Snype

Veteran
You guys are going to be mad but I smoked 3 Cigs. The only reason why I did is because. Hopefully those will be the last.

Last edited:

Perpetual Nooch

You guys are going to be mad but I smoked 3 Cigs. The only reason why I did is because a girl that gave me my last smoke and I think she's playing games now so I couldn't stand to have to think my whole life that she gave me my last smoke. Hopefully those will be the last.

Dude, you were almost over the hardest part! When food starts to taste funny that's you getting your taste and smell back!

LOL nice excuse. No willpower whatsoever. Now you gotta start over.

M

Marywanna

Snype don't be so hard on yourself. Just quit again. You are only human. Put the $$ you usually spend on cigs in a jar everyday. In a week you will be astonished at how much $ you have saved. Now go buy a big ass bag of M&Ms with it!

Danks2005

I smoked for 7 years, then switched to chew, while trying to quit smoking, and have now chewed copenhagen for 5years. I've been without my copenhagen for 44 hours now. I find myself doing more dishes, more laundy, yardwork, lots of pacing, and eating. I feel pretty good so far, just gotta keep busy for a week or so, and ride this out. Good luck to everyone. Of all the dumb shit I've done in my life, if i could change just one i never would have used tobacco.