What's new

Lets discus.... total smell & sound control

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
In the post I grabbed the quote from the guy said he worked using ozone daily and had 5 different genny's wasn't trying to sell anything so I dunno.... I'm far from well versed on oz so I'll leave it at there...

If the one you speak of does the job then I'm all for it mate :D I just wanna get any escaping smell dealt with haha!!

Was yours on a timer then? If so how many mins on/ off

I'd like to know the same about the TD range as I likeee my SMS controller :)

Green Supreme

Veteran
Here Ona is a sign of what you are doing. No one else here uses it for any other reason. Rippers look for it. You can now buy mufflers for can fans. We use these and they quiet things considerably. Peace GS

rocket high

Veteran
I think if you create a vacuum in your tent/room there should be no smell escaping... ive had the police in my house and none of the two of them smelt a thing and i had 5 BB Cheese's at full flower in my spare room. I must admit i had the confidence to let them in because i knew i had the odor under full control with a 8 inch rvk and Rhino filter thats all that was needed to kill all smell's.

Give it a go... it does work a treat :)

SuperConductor

Veteran
Negative pressure, yeah. A vacuum might be overkill :) I've read humidity affects carbon filters ability to work too, 50%rh makes them work best. I reckon my fan inside the tent blows smells out of the seams and stuff too.

I mean maybe it is, but I find it hard to believe that one wiff will give you cancer crap that seems to be the basic idea here! If it were that bad, it would be illegal for them to even make them!

I have been in a room with it on, and yes I get a slight headache or light-headedness, a slight weird feeling in the chest and ears, but not a biggie. I don't advise someone having it in their bedroom with them if that's the only place you can grow or else you are just a bonehead, but if in a 2 level house and you have it in the basement, I don't think it would be a problem whatsoever! It is supposed to treat how ever many cubic feet it is rated for and then dissipate once it surpasses that much space, in other words harmless unless you live in your grow room with it on!

I don't think it's carcinogenic in itself just that it breaks down organic material (that's how it gets rid of smells), outdoors that's not a huge problem cos there's always more fresh air kicking about but in a small room at high concentrations over a period of time it could well be causing damage to you. That funny feeling in your ears and lungs is oxidation, don't worry you grow back.
I suppose it must do the same to the plants if it were on all the time too so people generally put generators in the extract ducting. If it's in your room just turn it off and vent it out before you go in.

theherbalizor

Veteran
The td silent range DO NOT like SMS type varister fan controllers. It makes them scream.

But they work perfectly on the cheaper transformer type fan controllers. I have two on controllers now.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Fuck me rocket (not literally of course :D) You've got balls of steel mate!

I have a 8" RVK L1 - 1000m3/hr to vent the tent, I'm sure most smells will be eliminated by the Ikon filter that I have it uses the same Aussie RC48 IIRC grade of carbon as the Rhino filters do.

Nelly is a stinky lil girl, more stank than cheese add neighbours at close vacinity to the mix and I want all the odour elimination possible at my disposal :)

GS rippers wouldn't smell my ONA, that's some shit though! Trained to sniff out ONA! Rippers would make great dea agents the way the fuckers find grows!!

Missed your post there herb.... That's not what I was looking to hear :( like the sms as it does what it says on the tin... Not the end of the world though as when the speed is dialled in on a manual jobbie I suppose it's pretty much 'set and forget' anyway

The td silent range DO NOT like SMS type varister fan controllers. It makes them scream.

But they work perfectly on the cheaper transformer type fan controllers. I have two on controllers now.

Hmm, I suspected as much.

I've got a twin SMS knocking around, though I also have an STR 5 step Transformer that would fit the bill. A bit of fiddling would be required to dial in the speed for perfect conditions, but overcoming that challenge would be part of the fun. I'm hoping that an 8 inch TD silent would have the equivalent pull of a 6 inch ruck or rvk high power as I'd heard that they don't have quite the same oomph for pulling or pushing through filters.

Thanks for the info.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Well the 8 inch 800 version extracts a dr150 with 1500w no problems. And runs in summer through air cooled hoods with no issues. I really like them..

But who has seen these yet......... Gonna get one into the shop so I can see wha they are like

http://www.onaonline.com/prod-ona-disp-carbonair.html

It's a 450cfm fan, carbon and 30lt ona gel unit all in one. Theultimate in smell removal. Well who knows....

All I do know is that an over sized rhino filter is 100% at removing all smell. Even when a cheese psychosis grow is in heavy flower.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Well the 8 inch 800 version extracts a dr150 with 1500w no problems. And runs in summer through air cooled hoods with no issues. I really like them..

But who has seen these yet......... Gonna get one into the shop so I can see wha they are like

http://www.onaonline.com/prod-ona-disp-carbonair.html

It's a 450cfm fan, carbon and 30lt ona gel unit all in one. Theultimate in smell removal. Well who knows....

All I do know is that an over sized rhino filter is 100% at removing all smell. Even when a cheese psychosis grow is in heavy flower.

lol 30 litres of ona to replace bet the unit is over 300 sheets to buy

looks good tho

peace:tiphat:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Emergency tips for when you have equipment issues. (Always plan for the worst)

Crock pot with corned beef and cabbage going. Huge smell.

ONA bucket (Or DIY fan/bucket combo) with essential oils instead of ONA. (Just don't use Pine-Sol or other cleaners)
Essential oils dripped on a rag tied to a fan... works in a pinch.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Lol @ the dodgy food smells :D

BillyBadGrower said:
yeah u can, ive got the td150 set up with this temp/speed controller

Does the fan hum when dialed down to a low speed using that dimmer? It looks like a regular dimmer the type that can be also used to dim lights (aka phase controlled triac) as apposed to a variac (VARIable AC Transformer).

Lol @ the dodgy food smells :D

Does the fan hum when dialed down to a low speed using that dimmer? It looks like a regular dimmer the type that can be also used to dim lights (aka phase controlled triac) as apposed to a variac (VARIable AC Transformer).

Yeah, I'd be interested to know this too please.

I'm leaning towards the TD line for a far distant future purchase, but I like to research the balls off of these things before I consider parting with hard earned, so all info is useful to me.

They sound like just the ticket for that blissful silent-ish running :)

theherbalizor

Veteran
I can upload a video of the Tds running on a varister type controller if you like. Complete with db meter.

Although you will not need the db meter to be able to hear that the fan is far from happy withthefan controller engaged.

I do not know why I eveer bother with fan controllers, I almost always end up having the fan cracked to max. With these silent fans you can. And ime, you can not have too much air flow.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I'm building a filter box tomorrow, I just got all the wood cut today. Any interest for a DIY thread while I'm at it?

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Al be using the twin controller in veg an get some cheap controllers for the td silents as to me noise is more important and with 2k in the room like herbs said it will probably be on full anyways

i like that diy controller tho so as soon as it starts getting warm the fan kicks into full speed and your able to set an ambient temp i reckon once you find the sweet spot with that then your good to go

wouldnt mind seeing a vid of the td silents on full mate

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts