What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai s1 and Amnesia x Lemon Thai grow

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very Nice ! really enjoying the second run by the looks of it.
and you caught the hunger nice and early. LT seems to fade their leaves quite readily - ive not managed to run the mother plant to her fullest potential yet (as sensi)

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Another run of the Amnesia x LT plant#4. This was the lemony clear/clean high plant from previous run. My environment is very dry and cool this time of year and even with added humidifier I'm getting about 55% RH with lights on and temps about 73F (22C). As a result i typically have smaller flowers but the resin tends to increase and terps aren't as volatile as in warmer temps usually adding to really delicious and potent weed even with a smaller overall harvest. I hope i can stay on top of everything till the end.

20221123_101956.jpg
20221123_102036.jpg
20221123_102219.jpg
20221123_102348.jpg
20221123_102440.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks very nice @Jahaze - can really see the amnesia in that.. slightly more elongated buds than ammi and your one may have slightly narrower leaves. Was this the one that had the 'peanut' type ammi smell ?(which is a secondary smell on the amnesia but very distinctive, along with a front end of mentholated lemon).

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Was this the one that had the 'peanut' type ammi smell ?
Hey VG. No this is the really lemony one that had a really clear high. The one you are referring to is the AxLT#1 plant. I have a clone of that one as well and will be running it again soon. That #1 plant is a really great high for me. I wanted to give this one (#4) another run because I felt I missed the mark on the on the 1st run by bring it down too early.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks, i should have gone back and looked. yes it's really enjoying that second run ! i bet #1 will too.
so you think lower temps are ok? i struggle to get my cabs much over 70 in the colder months.. sometimes not even that... humidity varies pretty widely too. plants don't seem to suffer too much ..
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
you know VG I i didnt have problems until I switched to the new high intensity LEDs. It seems like these newer lights push the plants a lot more and if the environment is not right I start to see all kinds of pseudo deficiencies. I initially thought a heating mat would solve my issues in the colder months but I noticed the plants where not doing what they normally do so I went back and looked at everything. Im talking about plants i have run successfully for years were suddenly crashing during the winter months I knew it was the lights and the environment. Adding the humidity has solved the uptake issues I noticed after the switch but the lower temps has kept the flowers on the smaller side at least in my room. Running supplemental heat is not something I'm willing to pay for given electricy costs. However, I feel like some of the more volatile terps hang around longer in the cooler weather and I get to smoke something a bit different from the same plant at different times of the year. I suppose not better or worse just different. One day when I grow up I'll get an automated system and not have to worry but then where's the fun right?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
interesting post/s - i just switched from '2' cmh 315's in a 4x3.5tent , to a 5x5ft tent with a mars fce 8000- i'm in veg, but the temp tops out at 73f, humidity , all over, depends on the weather - plants look ok. but topping out at 73, and at nite 61 , would like some more warmth... the room is heated , so will bump up the temp..... and fukin heating costs are insane....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @Jahaze - i could tell a similar story. until recently using blurple LEDs and my cabs were at the back of an unheated garage... Now i have put a stud wall and insulation which helps.. i use a few pipe heaters under the cabs that help a bit and give a tiny bit of bottom heat which helps the soil (heating mats are hard to get right.. usually much too hot) but when you are drawing air in and out fairly quickly, heating it is difficult. I bought a MARS LED light recently and that is much brighter.. and yes there is much less margin of error..
That said, plants will tolerate quite a lot colder temps than we might imagine as long as you are not trying to drive them too hard.
If there was one bit of advice i would give to anyone setting up a grow... it would be to, if possible, duct the air into the grow from your house or habited space.. because that will already be at a temp closer to what the plants like.
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
couple more pictures. this amnesia x LT is at week 8 and should be coming down in next week or so. I flowered in small containers so the plant stayed smaller this run but it was also healthier and has matured nice and slow. the tall plant in the back just starting out is one if the lemon thai s1's.

20221211_110644.jpg
20221211_110712.jpg
20221211_110919.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one @Jahaze that looks great! - are the terps simiar to the first run or are you getting anything new in the colder temps ?
and the LT S1 looks as if it's off to a fantastic start.
VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
are the terps simiar to the first run or are you getting anything new in the colder temps ?
Good question VG. I haven't noticed anything different but once I pull her out I will give her a thorough inspection. I have one more AxLT plant to run soon and will see how that one does in cooler temps as well. So far these and the LT s1's dont seem to mind the cooler temps which is good news for me as my room has big temp and humidity swings throughout the year.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Amnesia x LT #4 @ week9. I think these are done just 4 days later after the last pics. I checked and the trichs are solid cloudy. This is the point I like to cut but I am going to push the harvest out as long as I can for this plant. This is the first clone I run of this plant having run only the seed mom. These grew better for me for this round. She smell a bit different than the seed mom as well. she has a very nice structure and beautiful cola formation. The flower set isn't the chunkiest but she's productive enough to make the grow worthwhile. On harvest day I will post pics to see if she continues to swell. These have been very good so far @VerdantGreen I have really enjoyed them. Thank you again for getting these to me.

20221215_103033.jpg
20221215_103549.jpg
20221215_103147.jpg
20221215_103904.jpg
20221215_104408.jpg
20221215_103345.jpg
20221215_104341.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
wanted to wait till she was right at the end to harvest window but i wont be able to work in the garden (except to water) until the new year so down she came at day 68. I think she had at least another 10 days in her. she was swelling nicely...its a shame but it is what it is. Amnesia x LT #4.

20221220_195150.jpg
20221220_195130.jpg
20221220_195454.jpg
20221220_195434.jpg
20221220_195420.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks lovely ! - yes i've got a couple of plants im going to have to chop too.. still, yours looks pretty ripe from here.
have a good one,
VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great @Jahaze !
#1 was the smooth smoking lemony incense one ?
seems to be enjoying the second run like all the rest !
VG