What's new

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

D

draco

many things in life sound good until you realize what you will lose to obtain them...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
^^^^

provide a single link?

no you cant because its all bullshit..

truth is the ONLY land "bought up" by tobacco companies in california is that bought by R.J. Reynolds in 1981 several oil leases off the coast and a geothermal power plant inland

the only "news reports" concerning the bullshit you spew are vague and talk about "it is rumored that big tobacco companies are thinking about buying land"

i guess for some people if it was on the news it is gospel...even if the news says big tobacco has NOT BOUGHT ANY LAND you will continue to believe that they have

how about i wont give you the satisfaction of wasting my time to look it up for you.

it was on channel 2 ktvu, 2-3 weeks ago, Google it, have a blast.........

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i noticed that 95% of the people on this thread, that are arguing for legalization, either do not grow or grow very small......

of course its the CONSUMER who wants it legalized.........

who cares about the PRODUCER? there just assholes and money hungry dicks for continually supplying YOUR weed habit?

what happens when the indoor producer finds it economically unfeasible to grow anymore? the consumer will be pissed when there is outdoor crap everywhere, or pre packaged, chemical laced packs of Marlboro greens.........

you may have your 5 by 5, if it passes. but, can you keep up with your own consumption with that little space? i know i cant.......

hahaha so true...same people in every thread

grapeman

Veteran
i noticed that 95% of the people on this thread, that are arguing for legalization, either do not grow or grow very small......

of course its the CONSUMER who wants it legalized.........

who cares about the PRODUCER? there just assholes and money hungry dicks for continually supplying YOUR weed habit?

what happens when the indoor producer finds it economically unfeasible to grow anymore? the consumer will be pissed when there is outdoor crap everywhere, or pre packaged, chemical laced packs of Marlboro greens.........

you may have your 5 by 5, if it passes. but, can you keep up with your own consumption with that little space? i know i cant.......

I concur and it was the purpose of this thread to bring the fact to light that legalization will have unintended, or unforeseen consequences that will have a negative impact on many good small to medium sized growers.

It's tough to compete with established california agri business with their infrastructure and $$.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I concur and it was the purpose of this thread to bring the fact to light that legalization will have unintended, or unforeseen consequences that will have a negative impact on many good small to medium sized growers.

It's tough to compete with established california agri business with their infrastructure and $$.

No matter how much you spin it... all i hear is sniviling from incompetant growers afraid to compete in a public market.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
how about i wont give you the satisfaction of wasting my time to look it up for you.

it was on channel 2 ktvu, 2-3 weeks ago, Google it, have a blast.........

of course you wont...because you cant..nor can i. because the record of any such purchase of land does not exist.
this is just more prohibitionist hyperbole

ill say it again the only land "big tobacco" owns in cali is for energy production...

so really your already paying R.J. Reynolds for the privilege of growing your bud

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess the difference between the people for legalization and the people against is confidence. I am for legalization and have 100% confidence, that I could compete in the legal market nd make a living if I wanted too. My confidence comes from from practical experience in the legit an unlegit business worlds. If you can do you can do it if you cant you cant. so all I have to say to the people scared of profit loss though legit competition is GROW SOME BALLS IN MORE THAN ONE WAY. Dont be scared of the legit business world. it is easier to conquer than the black market world for sure.

dont be scared of change or failure. in life to do the right thing you just have to take a chance. Letting drug violence, and locking up people for a plant, go on because you are scared of losing profit it selfish and wrong. It is SOCIOPATHIC, PARANOID, SKITZO behaivior.

grapeman

Veteran
I guess the difference between the people for legalization and the people against is confidence. I am for legalization and have 100% confidence, that I could compete in the legal market nd make a living if I wanted too. My confidence comes from from practical experience in the legit an unlegit business worlds. If you can do you can do it if you cant you cant. so all I have to say to the people scared of profit loss though legit competition is GROW SOME BALLS IN MORE THAN ONE WAY. Dont be scared of the legit business world. it is easier to conquer than the black market world for sure.

dont be scared of change or failure. in life to do the right thing you just have to take a chance. Letting drug violence, and locking up people for a plant, go on because you are scared of losing profit it selfish and wrong. It is SOCIOPATHIC, PARANOID, SKITZO behaivior.

Just to be clear, I don't think I have stated my preferences (legalize or not) in this thread aside from outright decriminalization.
I was only pointing out that there are always unintended consequences when dealing with government regulations.

I already produce a commodity (grapes) in a very large scale way for a living. Add to that the fact that there is not much of a shelf life on fresh fruit and it reduces even further any windows for error/success. I might, and probably do, understand your point better then most

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am refering to the people that want to keep it completely illegal for profit. if you are not in that catagory then it is not directed at you.

and yes there is always unforeseen consequences in everything. if there wasnt then nothing would ever go wrong. and the world would be perfect

also respect to you for growing grapes for a living. that is a true master farmers profession I think.

this thread is a marvelous marketplace of ideas. to the people involved it seems like trolling but i see info being disseminated and fact checking. keep it up. the more people who enter this argument the better educated they will be. Fight APATHY and get involved.

fyi, i tend to agree with BigHerbTree, don't be scared of competition. Even if the big boys step in, shouldn't this great community, built on helping people, naturally resist the Wal-Mart effect? If it can't then the community isn't that strong, or that educated. If NorCal can't tell whats good(small batch homegrown) and whats not (sulfur smelling mountain brown) then, we have a very big problem.

now, if NorCal can't stop selling out of towners shitty weed for high dollar, then greed is the issue we deal with. (meaning you guys don't want quality and price to increase. because then you can't put together your cheap packs of mountain weed and tax $1000 per to the easterners) This is the market that Big Ag will fill in your nightmare scenario.

don't tell me you really believe that dispensaries will buy from big Ag and not the same network that has been supplying them for years. If you believe this then the community is really motivated by greed, in my opinion.

my two cents. not trying to piss on anyones leg. just sharing. sorry if its unclear. haven't smoked yet. :p

gongageek

This country (USA) has like 5 times the worlds average per capita population in jail largely due to drug crimes with marijuana topping the list. If our govt. is going to get into the picture I'd rather they collected their pound of flesh through taxes than through prisons!

This country (USA) has like 5 times the worlds average per capita population in jail largely due to drug crimes with marijuana topping the list. If our govt. is going to get into the picture I'd rather they collected their pound of flesh through taxes than through prisons!

I'd like to see it happen as well. But unfortunately, the people we are trying to go through to get things done, more than half have there own agenda's not to mention the greedy growers who don't wanna lose money. Sadly enough, it seems like statistics don't matter to the officials in charge of our nice little Totalitarian Dictatorship of ours.

- LifeIsGrowing

:tumbleweed:

oh and hashish.

why is no one, in the thread atleast, talking about hash and its future market in the US? people love herb but, more people love getting high. this means, for transportability and storage, hash is the obvious alternative. not to mention our ever increasing tolerance.

we all know how much bud it takes to make good hash. (i'm not taking about the "product" made from trim that you guys think is good) So what happens to the market when hash is introduced? Large areas will be needed to grow the herb to make said hashish.
quality of weed (namely by the criterion of ceiling. hash made from weed with a low ceiling is pointless in terms of increasing potency, imo.) will continue to increase. breeding will still be a highly-marketable commodity. ;)

:plant grow:lets not forget this is about growing the tree of life; the sacred herb; etc. not about selling weed. The money has some of you focused on the wrong things.:grouphug:

I have a few more ideas but i would like to retire one day. for instance, replace hashish with edibles in the text above. :petting:

See that's where I can't really see how hashish factor's into the question. Now-a-days it seems the only hash that ever floats around, doesn't, mainly because it can't be made in the large quantities that are needed for the public to be using it in a mainstream manner. I love me some good hash, but I think it will be quite a long time before we see mass production of it in the US, and we definitely don't need it "coming in" to the US, as that just fuels the rest of the world's economies, not ours. If we also had a hash problem in the US, we would even more problems related to the drug, mainly with the people out there that can't handle smoking hash. This might also lead to more misconceptions about cannabis itself and could inevitably cause even bigger issues with trying to get it legalized. I'd say leave the hash making up to the growers and if they choose to make enough to go around, then it'll become an issue.

-LifeIsGrowing

hash doesn't float around because the market won't support its true cost. people are happy with weed so the market demand is not there. but if weed prices plummet and hash can be made cheaply then you have a situation where hash is affordable. and who doesn't want the better stuff? hmmmm?

Do you not think that we will gain the wisdom or face the problems that other cannabis cultures have? Hash is easier to store and more portable. Also worth more by volume. So its cheaper to ship. (we are talking about a world of legal pot are we not? it will dwarf the wine market once we can hold weed tasting seminars for example) On the health aspect it better for you lungs.

besides that, my larger point is that all the chicken hawks are wrong. They under estimate the market's size. Large quantities of weed will forever be needed. and large numbers of people will be needed to manage the buds on and off the plant.

think wine, cheese, clothes, micro-breweries, bed and breakfasts, delicatessen's, bodegas and on and on and on. The small guy thrives here. our community is so much stronger than the ones listed. how can this not be overcome?

Latest posts

Latest posts