What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
!!

huge international corporations WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN CALIFORNIA if tc2010 passes...

hmmmm, i wonder why they have been buying 1000's of acres of land in northern california? its not to get into the Marigold business....,this was on the news several weeks ago.....

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
JACK HERER WAS AGAINST THIS BILL!!!! Don't you fuckers see if the biggest person that fought for legalization his whole life was against it then something is wrong with it OBVIOUSLY!! WAKE UP IDIOTS!!!!

Yeah jack was against because it would be in a legitimate marketplace and regulated. It wont any longer be the fucking hippy dippy free the weed bull shit that they think is possible. The fact is cannabis is a much demanded commodity and there is alot of money to be made in the production and distibuton. I dont understand how you all think money is bad. I can't pay my bills on good vibes and positive consciousness and neither can you. Look what the medical scene has done to legitimize the sale of cannabis. We all used to buy or sell this out of our houses or cars. Now people can walk into a beautiful storefront and purchase quality cannabis. No longer do you have to call up a dealer or go drop a bag to the guy in the grocery store parking lot. Dealers / Growers just need to step their game up and realize change is NOT a bad thing. This is 2010 fellas....get with it.

grapeman

Veteran
GARBERVILLE, CA - Anna Hamilton says she feels as if she's watching a disaster in slow motion.

The blues musician, radio talk show host and community activist is on the leading edge of a group organizing to address the potential collapse of the underground pot economy in three northern California counties that fall within the so-called "Emerald Triangle."

Humboldt, Trinity and Mendocino counties produce the majority of marijuana grown in California.

While the exact production numbers are difficult at best to estimate, Humboldt State economists told the Los Angeles Times last month that marijuana generates an estimated $500 million to $700 million of the county's total $3.6 billion economy.

Marijuana usage numbers seem to confirm why pot is such big business for the triangle counties. In 2007, nearly 2 million Californians reported using marijuana during the past 30 days, with about 400,000 in the state admitting to daily use, according to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

"Even after the DEA comes in and raids the harvest, every man, woman and child [in California] would have to smoke 38 pounds of pot each year to approach the amount we grow up here," Hamilton said.

Hamilton's group What's After Pot was formed by business owners and community leaders to address the effects of recreational legalization on the local economy and troubleshoot the replacement of what has become a secondary source of income for many residents.

"My interest is the impact on the 30 to 40 percent of the population that derives supplemental income from the harvest season and works for $20 an hour, making $5,000 to $12,000 a year to supplement their minimum wage jobs," Hamilton said.

WAP has already met twice to brainstorm strategies. One idea was to market the Emerald Triangle as "The Napa Valley of Marijuana" should legalization pass in November.

Another idea was to tout the area's organic growing versus the indoor, chemical-laden grows in urban areas.

The group says they're concerned about the price of marijuana collapsing suddenly and displacing legitimate businesses that have come to rely on the steady flow of cash generated through the underground pot economy.

"Every business in town has pot money in the register and significant amounts of it," said David Kirby, a former Garberville business owner. "(Legalization) is going to have really serious, heavy consequences to this economy."

The legalization of medical marijuana has already been felt in these counties where a pound of marijuana used to sell for $5,000.

"Now, it's down in the low $2,000 range," Kirby said. "Some of the other stores are taking tremendous hits already because of the uncertainty of legalization. It's already affecting how people spend money."

Residents are well aware that many in the state are un-sympathetic to the underground, illegal growing of marijuana, but insist that doesn't change what will happen to them if legalization passes and they don't have a plan.

"Most of California's rural counties are poor and rely on a lot of state help," Hamilton said. "This underground economy has kept us self-sufficient and kept taxpayers from supporting us. So far, the general plan doesn't address (legalization), the county budget doesn't address it. If we don't have a plan, we are in big trouble."

So you agree with me. Decriminalization is the way to go. Legalization with government regulations will certainly put most of the current operations out of business. Don't forget also that California Agri-Business is in the business to make money and they are already dealing with all the government regulations. All they have to do is switch crops. Most have hugh facilites (30,000 to 400,000 square feet) known as cold storage plants and all are super insulated and can always easily maintain optimum temperatures. They all have large compressors for cooling and can easily handle tons of inside lighting for growing.

Competition against these large corporations will be difficult at best.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^you wont compete with them through production power. you compete with them through quality of herb, partial strain hording through tightly controlled distribution. doesnt matter how big the corporation is. They cant steal pattened genetics. That is how montasonto is rich. I hate strain hording, but if you are in it for the money this is the tactic you will take.

Seriously if you know how the wine industry works you would not be scared of legalization at all. I personally know small wine makers and grape growers that make a fortune. why, because their product is the best.

See once weed is legal it will free up people to grow in more fertile places and have bigger crops. Right now people grow outdoors where it is most secluded, because there number one concern is jail. This means we will finally figure out the best regions to grow weed. Grapes like weed will grow almost anywhere, but it doesnt mean they will make good wine. same goes for bud. that is why Maui bud is so damn good.

your fears are too much.

vote yes, stop drug violence and stop putting people in prison for pot.

igrowone

Veteran
1 thing seems to get forgotten here, over and over
say TC2010 passes, so what does DEA do?
home growers are pretty safe on that score because they're safe now
small change
but large 'recreational dispensaries', i wouldn't want to be the one to 'test the waters'
it is perfectly within DEA's power to confiscate all properties and assets of such a setup

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yeah jack was against because it would be in a legitimate marketplace and regulated. It wont any longer be the fucking hippy dippy free the weed bull shit that they think is possible. The fact is cannabis is a much demanded commodity and there is alot of money to be made in the production and distibuton. I dont understand how you all think money is bad. I can't pay my bills on good vibes and positive consciousness and neither can you. Look what the medical scene has done to legitimize the sale of cannabis. We all used to buy or sell this out of our houses or cars. Now people can walk into a beautiful storefront and purchase quality cannabis. No longer do you have to call up a dealer or go drop a bag to the guy in the grocery store parking lot. Dealers / Growers just need to step their game up and realize change is NOT a bad thing. This is 2010 fellas....get with it.

Dude I can't pay my bills on good vibes neither but why is it ok to shit on the lil guy so blatantly? This is not for the good how do you not see it's ALREADY BEING TAXED!!!!! WTF!! How much did Blue Sky pay in income tax and federal tax last year alone? Probably in the millions if it was close to that in 2004. I already have a job secured in a warehouse should this go legal with REAL investors that have legit business money not pot related at all. But I care about what happens to other people in the economy not just myself like BigHerb seems to do just care about his shit and fuck everybody else like the homeless guys that came back from war fighting for you precious rights. Good luck getting far with that attitude, I got my more shit when I was dumb in the beginning screaming YES for legalization until I saw what would happen. If you think BIG government wont step in and take shit please explain the "Jelly Like Substance" that rained down on the Triangle a few weeks ago and why all my grandmas plants are turning yellow and dying!!! NOT POT PLANTS!! NORMAL GARDEN STUFF! Sounds like those investors are killing off the outdoor competition in Nor Cal not to mention the people getting deathly sick from it and not able to think straight outta nowhere!!!

Please download and watch "The Obama Deception" I was for him and my mom voted for him and we are both sick in the belly from that decision... I hope to GOD everybody wakes up and arms themselves and family members before shit gets bad.

Talk about a Police State we are in right now this morning I watched 8-10 cop cars and a swat team cover 1 guy who was in his truck in front of his house. Why were they doing this? They got a call he was seen leaving the house with a gun! What you can't have a gun now? He also surrendered VERY CALMLY, laid on his belly hands up and all but they rush 6 cops on him and keep assault rifles pointed at him the whole time like he was a terrorist or something!!! Now I thought it was a right to bear arms? Cannabis isn't on the Constitution as far as I know so you really think they are going to let you all keep it in your hands? LOL!! Krunchbubble bro I hope we can inform enough people to stop this....

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
hmmmm, i wonder why they have been buying 1000's of acres of land in northern california? its not to get into the Marigold business....,this was on the news several weeks ago.....

ive disproven this bullshit as well ....more propaganda

A. no multinational corporation would risk rico prosecution for a federal felony because california passes tc2010...

B. no one can prove ANY tobacco company owns any land in norcal except for R.J. reynolds who bought thousands of acres back in 1984.........of FUCKING OFFSHORE OIL LEASES!!!!! so unless you propose they plan on building hydroponic growing/oil drilling platforms just to have the entire company shut down by the federal government for rico violations you are full of shit...

just like all prohibitionists are and always have been!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
HAHAHAHAHAHA Yea RICO my ass they wont charge the people that fund the elections my friend you need to wake up and see what's going on around you... KRS ONE says it best with the Burger King analogy and you get a cold burger you complain to the cashier(the courts) but that don't get you happy so you go talk to the managers(the Supreme Court) but that don't do it for you either so you say I want your boss (the President) and he comes out all "hi what can I do for you today?" but who you REALLY want to see is the FRANCHISE OWNER!!! (The Private Banks) You never see the franchise owner and that's who runs shit here people if you are silly enough to think the multi billion dollar companies don't risk RICO shit ALL THE TIME!!! But yet the NEVER get charged shit look at the Catholic Church right now the Pope should be hit with the RICO Act moving Bishops and Priests around so they don't get in trouble!!! RICO RICO RICO but nothing happens and they fucked lil boys and ruined their lives forever!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
HAHAHAHAHAHA Yea RICO my ass they wont charge the people that fund the elections my friend you need to wake up and see what's going on around you...

the current admin is currently prosecuting the LARGEST CONTRIBUTOR that obama has had since he ran for the IL senate.

you need to wake up and see whats REALLY going on not this henny penny sky is falling bullshit scenario you have concocted that the entire justice department would turn a blind eye to large scale manufacturing and trafficing by rj reynolds from their offshore hydro derricks.

hell lets look at realistic outcomes...

cali passes this law R. Lee does what he intends to do(lock down San Fran) the feds WILL come for him. with his war chest intact he is able (for the first time) to bring marijuana before SCOTUS on a 10th amendment basis!!!!

if you continue going along with your head up your ass all you will see clearly is shit!

lets say your right...

wal mart,pfizer,rj reynolds and nambla all get together and clearcut redwood state park for huge outdoor grows (or whatever scenario you believe will take place with multinational corps.)
the very first thing that happens is Faux news or pmsnbc (whichever one is the opposition to the current majority party at the time) will call the incumbent "soft on crime" or "soft on drugs" until they are forced to prosecute under RICO.

you really need a dose of reality...

SunTzu

lets get it legal anyway and if you still choose to break the la and somme will. then your off no worse then now if you dont live in a med state.

markscastle

Yea but that's the only state this legalization shit is happening in so it has nothing to do with the other states... Colorado is doing well with it being Medical... Nevada just passed it and made it Medical so why do we need to have it legalized here in California? Personally if you don't live here you got no say in this I'm sorry but that's just fact...

Actually People out side of California do have a stake in the possible passing of the California Tax,Regulate and control prop coming up in November because what happends in California soon happends across the states.What they won`t have is a vote in it.

I`m very much against this Prop. for so many reasons. First you are state legal if you are medical now unless you sell. If you aren`t medical you would only be breaking and infraction of the Health & Safty code punishable by a fine of $100 for having an oz of cannibis.If this prop passes you will be legal up to an once,but instead of maybe getting a ticket you WILL be paying a state tax of $50 plus sales taxes.Local goverments city and county are able to add what ever tax they want in there area.

Under this prop you will be allowed to grow a 5x5 area not per person as some beeave but per property.Don`t think more people will end up growing there own than do now because again local goverments will be allowed to contenue passing zoning laws forbidding growing just like they are with medical marijuana.
They only people who will be growing the marijuana supply will be commercial growers.The regulations will icrease the cost of marijuana and cause the quality to go down.Corperate growers will only be about the bottem line.They take no real pride in workmanship anymore.Now I don`t know about you but the little guy is trying to pay the bills and provide for there families.If I were to by my weed I`d rather suport the growers who have been growing smaller patches and supplying us all along despite the risks.The corperate growers and investors are not the best way to go.

I don`t like the fact it would be against the law with a possible incarseration time of up to three years for any minor under 21 to have marijuana.Sorry but I smoked when I was young.Right now they also get a ticket,not jail time.I also don`t agree that if you smoke `near` a minor under this law you can also get up to three years of time. That doesn`t happen if you drink a beer in front of a minor,why marijuana? I wonder just where you will be allowed to smoke because any public place may have minors `near `you.Seems there may be more people put in jail over marijuana laws if this prop passes and marijuana becomes legal(sort of).

I don`t see where anyone gets anythig good out of this possible new law but maybe the people who are backing it.They are using moneys made from sales of medical marijuana to try to increase the market.I think we could do better in writing a new law.I think it would be very hard to change this prop if it becomes law because it would be a vote of the people.Also if the backers start making more money they won`t want to lose that and would bring even more money to the table to stop any changes that might take money away from them.I will be voting No on the Tax,Regulate and Control prop in November.I would like to see the end of prohibitation but I`d rather wait until a better law is written.To many taxes,to many reguations and to much control involved.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
ive disproven this bullshit as well ....more propaganda

A. no multinational corporation would risk rico prosecution for a federal felony because california passes tc2010...

B. no one can prove ANY tobacco company owns any land in norcal except for R.J. reynolds who bought thousands of acres back in 1984.........of FUCKING OFFSHORE OIL LEASES!!!!! so unless you propose they plan on building hydroponic growing/oil drilling platforms just to have the entire company shut down by the federal government for rico violations you are full of shit...

just like all prohibitionists are and always have been!

full of shit? i propose that oil companies build hydroponic growing/oil platforms? what are you talking about? are you reading the same discussion as everyone else?

all this was on the fucking news! im not the only one on here who saw it, there have been several discussions about it on here.

so, get the fuck off your high horse, thinking you fucking know something......

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
^^^^

provide a single link?

no you cant because its all bullshit..

truth is the ONLY land "bought up" by tobacco companies in california is that bought by R.J. Reynolds in 1981 several oil leases off the coast and a geothermal power plant inland

the only "news reports" concerning the bullshit you spew are vague and talk about "it is rumored that big tobacco companies are thinking about buying land"

i guess for some people if it was on the news it is gospel...even if the news says big tobacco has NOT BOUGHT ANY LAND you will continue to believe that they have

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
Please download and watch "The Obama Deception" I was for him and my mom voted for him and we are both sick in the belly from that decision... I hope to GOD everybody wakes up and arms themselves and family members before shit gets bad.

As soon as your turn off alex jones from your life your stress and paranoia will go WAY down.....I promise.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
fuck im so tired of this.why dont we just sum in to 2 groups.

group a only gives a fuck about themselfs and their profits in the black market and are scared of legitiate market where they will fail once there is public competiton they cant compete with

group b wants to stop seeing people arrested and couldnt give a fuck about uneducated dealers slanging dirt who dont have enough sense to get into the business end of this industry

which one are you??? A or B ??

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Also as for your Alex Jones comment I did stop listening to him a few years ago as I couldn't take it anymore and thought he might be full of shit in some ways. Then I start seeing people like Jesse Ventura KRS ONE and Professor Griff all talking about the same shit. I also read and have many symbolism books if you think the world around you isn't controlled by secret back door policies and special groups your are a sad case and I hope you wake up before your family is tossed in a FEMA detainment camp....

Tell me why those are being built? Who are they planning on putting there and for what? You think you have rights? Look what happen to all the poor Japanese Americans who were AMERICANS!!!! Called enemies and tossed in camps and if you think they wont do they same again your are nuts.. READ BRO READ!!!!

HempHut

Those who can seriously talk about what kind of legalization they will vote for looks to be an embarrassment of riches from where I'm sitting. Wow.

Latest posts

Latest posts