What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalize Marijuana-California Initiatives

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
thanks for that... so im assuming all your work is done pro bono?

BTW these threads are the only time i ever get negative reps on here

nah i never said i did - what i said is that id rather find new work than continue to watch my peoples lives ruined for something that harms nobody. thats the difference between me and you. i put in work to enrich the lifes of everyone, while you work to keep people like me in jail because you dont have the skill, knowledge, experience or capital to compete in a legal marketplace.

as to negative rep? thats probably because your a piece of shit :wave:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i put in work to enrich the lifes of everyone..... your a piece of shit :wave:

8l7AR.jpg

C

Chamba

This law will pass...so the "No's" should start thinking to the future and work on ways to win from it.

the "I'm gonna vote NO" cash croppers in Cali just don't realize that if this law passes then they will make much more money, all without the risk of jail. There's two obvious ways to go about it, grow acres or grow connoisseur quality.

There's also lots of niche businesses to be capitalized on, grow and sell clones, produce seeds, make hash, become a wholesaler etc ..use your experience, ability and connections.

Prices will increase initially, then due to production with tractors, will eventually fall, but quality will always sell for top dollar.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I had the capital and land I would do a filed of hemp with a few rows of quality gear. Theres a lot more uses for cannabis then just meds.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
the "I'm gonna vote NO" cash croppers in Cali just don't realize that if this law passes then they will make much more money, all without the risk of jail. There's two obvious ways to go about it, grow acres or grow connoisseur quality.

There's also lots of niche businesses to be capitalized on, grow and sell clones, produce seeds, make hash, become a wholesaler etc ..use your experience, ability and connections.

Prices will increase initially, then due to production with tractors, will eventually fall, but quality will always sell for top dollar.

Not all of us brutha!! lol
I run a 6,000 sq ft greenhouse...pull 100# twice a year...and I will be Voting YES!! Money ain't shit, if you're in Prison!!
You are very correct..there will still be plenty to be made with Legalization--:tiphat:

T

Tripp Inmiasov

If Cali legalizes, they will be exporting it to Mexico! All they have there is crap. And with the booming economy there (less than 5% unemployment and 5% GDP) Mexicans and others around the world will pay top dollar for the best buzz in the world...:jump:

bentom187

Veteran
good luck fellas

dont forget to write ya gongress men and women about the paul /frank bill H 2306

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ummmm. hemp has males......it would get seeded up beyond belief. rofl.:xmasnut:

DUDE im not bagging on your opinions leave mine alone. Of course theres males what you think I would do with it smoke it.cI would use common sense and put the meds away from the hemp in there own field .

This is all completely off topic. We need to get the thread back on topic

Last edited:

neddy

Hey all BS aside what is interesting is the lack of fear mongering propaganda by the pro prohibition for greed camp. Looks good - they're fucked

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys see that "banned" under neddys name? I won't hesitate to ban anyone esle that turbo posts or flames period. You can discuss this initiative in this thread but please leave your anger towards each other and flamming out of it. Thanks DD,

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If RL comes out with his own bill it at least needs to be as good as this one. If not then I dont think it will be received very well.

vta

Veteran
It's starting to make headlines......

Author: Rob Parsons, Tri-County Newspapers

NEW GROUP SEEKS TO REGULATE MARIJUANA

A new effort to legalize marijuana for recreational use in California is working its way toward the 2012 ballot, and organizers of the proposed initiative are hoping for the support of farmers.

"Farmers in the Central Valley could benefit the most," said Steve Kubby, manager of the "Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Wine 2012."

In fact, Kubby is adamant that his organization is not seeking to legalize, but to regulate marijuana.

"It is not a legalization initiative, it is not a de-criminalization initiative," Kubby said Monday. "It would treat marijuana like wine and be regulated exactly the same way we treat alcohol."

Kubby said driving under the influence would still be against the law, as would providing marijuana to anyone under the age of 21.

"Our goal is to stop a failed drug policy and repeal these bad laws," Kubby said.

Semantic hair-splitting aside, the proposed initiative would make marijuana legal for recreational use for adults 21 and older and would retroactively void all outstanding criminal cases statewide, Kubby acknowledged.

Kubby suggested the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board should have direct oversight of any commercial marijuana sales, and the potential mass-marketing of the lucrative crop is the message marijuana supporters are sending to California farmers.

"California marijuana would almost market itself and in these economic times when so many in that area are out of work, it would be extremely profitable not only for marijuana, but hemp-related products, too," Kubby said.

However, local farmers have long expressed ambivalence about growing marijuana.

Some farmers in Glenn, Colusa and Tehama counties have indicated they would consider growing marijuana only if it was legalized federally to ensure protection against prosecution and their subsidy programs. Others in the area have said they would never grown pot because of a moral objection.

State Farm Bureau officials said the organization has not formal position on the proposed measure until it qualifies for the ballot.

The initiative would allow private residents to grow their own plants within certain amounts, which Kubby compared to home-brewing beer and wine.

Kubby's state-recognized campaign committee expects to spend about $1.4 million on their campaign to make the ballot next year, and said language for the new initiative would be sent to the state some time this week.

Kubby, who was involved with the 1996 medical marijuana initiative, Proposition 215, said his group submitted their first draft last month and are now revising their proposal.

The initiative has support from many retired law enforcement veterans, including former Orange County Judge Jim Gray, who has long supported legalized marijuana.

Not everyone in California law enforcement agrees, however.

Glenn County Sheriff Larry Jones and Colusa County Sheriff Scott Marshall said they would never support legalizing the controversial crop.

"I want to be clear: I absolutely despise marijuana," Jones said Tuesday.

Jones does agree the current state drug policy has failed, but noted at least part of that failure is directly attributable to what he called the "chronic abuse" of Prop. 215 medical marijuana laws.

"Legalization is not the answer," Jones said.

Jones said ending marijuana prohibition would not solve "dangerous invasions of public lands" in the Mendocino National Forest until the laws are changed federally.

Millions of dollars are spent each year eradicating marijuana grows in the forest, and Jones said the cost of eradication is completely justified to keep "dangerous traffickers from using American soil for criminal activities."

Marshall said marijuana use would cause massive health problems and said taxpayers would likely foot the bill.

"The public has been tricked into thinking marijuana use is OK. It's not," Marshall said. "Most of these people just want to smoke pot, party and make a bunch of money."

Kubby disagrees with the sheriffs and believes the fight on public land would end if pot were legal.

Both Jones and Marshall said they support the legitimate use of marijuana prescribed to manage the pain of the terminally ill.

Supporters of legalized marijuana feel confident coming off their narrow defeat of Prop. 19 in November.

The measure was defeated by just 6 percentage points, which is a gap supporters believe can be closed.

The Public Policy Institute of California reported that voting for Prop. 19 fell almost perfectly along generational lines, with younger voters overwhelmingly in support and older generations equally opposed.

Supporters have also said the Prop. 19 campaign was successful in legitimizing the discussion to legalize marijuana and perhaps curtail the long-fought War on Drugs.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great read,
Its crazy to think only terminally ill patients benefit from the use of cannabis. Pain is pain weather you are terminal or not. Living with serious chronic pain is a living hell.

T

THE PABLOS

I read the entire thread...props....well moderated and civil discourse presented. Those I found entertaining in the past....are still entertaining.

I think this will pass....and that does not bum me out.

Grass Lands

Veteran
"Marshall said. "Most of these people just want to smoke pot, party and make a bunch of money."

Hell...people do this anyways...some of the comments these boneheads make crack my ass up...

also I might ask..just what the hell is wrong with making a bunch of money and partying like a rockstar??? This guy must have a stick up his ass:dance013:

:tiphat:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DUDE im not bagging on your opinions leave mine alone. Of course theres males what you think I would do with it smoke it.cI would use common sense and put the meds away from the hemp in there own field .

This is all completely off topic. We need to get the thread back on topic

I was not bagging on your opinion. how did you even come to that conclusion? I even added the funny emotes. do you have no humor radar? Everybody is gonna have to lighten up if we don't want DD to Bin this thread.
Third-party-facepalm.jpg