What's new

Legal 4x8 Grow Tent 2x600w Donuts w/ Blumats & Canna Coco

Ne0nSaGe

First to start off I have been growing now for about 8 years. I am new to icmag but use to post on gardenscure when it was a lot more popular. I came from a state that was very strict on growing and possession so i moved to Colorado to become legal (at least through the state). Now since I moved here they have passed amendment 64. Those not familiar with it basically gives you’re the right to grow 6 plants and possess 1 oz without a doctor’s recommendation. I love it here and would not have moved anywhere else (little teaser pic). This is my second legal grow after getting my red card with an increased plant count of 24 plus the wifey that makes the number 30 plants. I have talked to a dispensary and I also may be able to count another 6 for me so that would mean 36 plants. When I go back to my doctor I may get a higher count due to the amount of bud I smoke/eat plus I may want to start making my own bho witch really helps with my back pain. I would only make this leap with buying a good stainless steel unit not just blasting glass and waiting to blow up lol.

I have tried a lot of different things everything from soil to dwc to flood and drain. For about 3-4 years I have been on this canna coco coir kick feeding every 2-4 days. I haven’t had any major yields because I’m not so consistent with watering’s, I think my biggest yield for a 1k was 18oz and 1200w was just above 19oz. My last grow was 3 Pre 98 Bubba Kush and 3 God Bud in 5 gal pots, it turned out 10oz of premium smoke but wasn’t much and I will be buying more bud from the dispensary before this run is up im sure. Im looking for bigger harvest using the same wattage and without the hand watering’s. I have heard a lot about blumats and decided to give them a try. So far so good except getting a little nasty’s in my res after about 4 days so im flushing a lot of nutes down the drain. I have just started putting frozen 2ltrs in the res as it was getting to 75 after a couple days and hopefully that will solve my problem. If not I was thinking dutch master’s zone but seems to be just bleach so may just try that.

So for this run I am Running 2 600w 4x4 donuts with 8 plants and 15gal res for each side. Only one side is up and running right now and is 5 God bud and 3 Bubba kush, I am waiting on cuttings for the other side. I have a 6’’ 450cfm exhaust and am getting a new 6’’ carbon filter in the next week or so. All my most current runs have been a 600 over each 4x4 running horizontally but I decided I wanted to change things up. I have taken the sockets out of the hoods and flipped them vert and hung the power cords to hold the lamp and so far they seem to be holding great. I am going to get a small fan for under the lamp’s but just haven’t done it yet. My goal after dialing it in is 1gpw but I would be happy if it came out higher with the help of the wonderfull minds of icmag.

For now I will stick with god bud and bubba kush as I love them both but I would really like to find a high yielding indica that is 15-20% thc and high cbd. The god bud looks like it will be good for vert so I have taken a lot more cuts for the other side of the tent to run all god bud and see what happens.

Having 8 plants in the 4x4 space feels a bit cramped so I think im gonna flip now (about 14’’) and see what happens then I may end up running 6 each side instead. So the other side of the tent will prob be 6 plants and veg to 2ft then flipped and hopefully that will not over grow the 600w light. I originally wanted to run the 2 600’s stacked but figured I would have a lot of wasted space.

For my res I am doing the full canna line – pk 13/14
Canna Coco A
Canna Coco B
Canna Rhizotonic
Canna Cannazyme
Canna Boost
Andvanced Overdrive for last month of flowering
Advanced Ph down (5.5-6.2) usually go down to 5.5 and let drift back up to 6.2

Attachments

• 1tease.jpg
    1tease.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 17
  • 2wk6.jpg
    2wk6.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2wk62.jpg
    2wk62.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 4res1.jpg
    4res1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 4res2.jpg
    4res2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 7godbud2.jpg
    7godbud2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 7godbud.jpg
    7godbud.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 6bubba2.jpg
    6bubba2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 6bubba.jpg
    6bubba.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 5originalsetup.jpg
    5originalsetup.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 13

Ne0nSaGe

welcome to icmag

Thanks seems like a good place to be..

So a Quick overview of the new setup in the tent. These pics are from today the pics in last post was from 6 days ago when i first setup the vert. The 18 clones ready to veg for the other side and mothers that i need to start. How the res looks today after a clean and refill 2 days ago. I cannot say how much i love this bluelab ph pen, it even has a check mark that goes away if it needs calibrated again!!

Attachments

• 4bubba.jpg
    4bubba.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 3newsetup.jpg
    3newsetup.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2newsetup.jpg
    2newsetup.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 1 newsetup.jpg
    1 newsetup.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 12
  • overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 5bubba.jpg
    5bubba.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 6godbubba.jpg
    6godbubba.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 18
  • 7clones.jpg
    7clones.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 15
  • restoday.jpg
    restoday.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 15
  • pen.jpg
    pen.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 15

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Welcome to the fam mang. Love your set-up, and strain choices. I've been wanting to give the god bud a try for a bit now. Seeing how i also am rocking vert, you just made it alot easier for me to risk some money on bcbd. Can we get a good description of the god bud's growth style, nug size and frost level, thanks.

Ne0nSaGe

Welcome to the fam mang. Love your set-up, and strain choices. I've been wanting to give the god bud a try for a bit now. Seeing how i also am rocking vert, you just made it alot easier for me to risk some money on bcbd. Can we get a good description of the god bud's growth style, nug size and frost level, thanks.

Since u asked i went and got some nugs for a photo shoot. God bud is more sativa dominate obviously but not too stretchy like a haze. After 3rd week of flower buds where covered with tricks all over some of the fan leaves even (very good strain for hash making). If i would have watered on schedule i would have had a lot better nuggs but deff a decent yield with nice long nuggs and lots of popcorn nuggs. One downer to this strain is that its a pain to trim where as the bubba kush is a very easy trim. Here are some pics of both strains and some of what im smoking on. Some sativa bho from the despensary not the norm i get but all they had that day. Then my favorate bong...

Attachments

• god bud 1.jpg
    god bud 1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 20
  • bubba4.jpg
    bubba4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 16
  • bubba3.jpg
    bubba3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 10
  • bubba2.jpg
    bubba2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 14
  • bubba1.jpg
    bubba1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 13
  • pure glass.jpg
    pure glass.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 18
  • sativa bho 3.jpg
    sativa bho 3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 15
  • sativa bho 2.jpg
    sativa bho 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 22
  • sativa bho 1.jpg
    sativa bho 1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 15
  • god bud 2.jpg
    god bud 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 22

Ne0nSaGe

oops sorry forgot to add god bud smelled amazing, like sweet fruit thru flower and even after a dry in 5 days the bubba kush on the other hand smelled great in flower but not much smell after the dry.. due to living in a desert state we have a very low humidity good for flowering to get more tricks but def need a humidifier to dry the next round

Ne0nSaGe

So it has been about a week since last update,

Plants are going good and i think its time to flip or they are going to overgrow the tent. I have put a 10'' fan under the lamp as i have seen in most vertical grows. With adding the fan under i have removed the other fan circulating the tent, the fan under moves so much air the plants move around pretty good and i felt it wasn't needed. I also added some bamboo stakes to help support some of the plants that are seriously leaning toward the light. Was thinking about putting tomato cage's around them but figured it would be harder to hand water and adjust any of the blumats if needed. Not very exciting right now but in a couple weeks we should start to see some real magic happen.

Attachments

• DSC07183.jpg
    DSC07183.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC07184.jpg
    DSC07184.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC07185.jpg
    DSC07185.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC07186.jpg
    DSC07186.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC07188.jpg
    DSC07188.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 17

Ne0nSaGe

I came across this product at the grow store called great white, cost me $10 to try it out. As they where already transplanted for flower and the guy told me it works best when in contact with the root zone so i dug a nice size hole down about 2'' and dropped in 1/2 tsp. After adding it i gave them a nice hand watering with nute's to get into the coco as much as i could. So far a haven't noticed a difference but i will be dusting the clone roots once i actually see some and will be using for all future transplants to inoculate the root zone as it is not something ive ever done before.

I've still been having a problem with algae in my res so i decided im tired of dumping my 15g res every 3 days. I have now insulated my Rubbermaid "tuff tote" with something used for pools and spa's called a thermal blanket (not to be confused w/ a solar blanket). It is a thin foam coated with waterproof layers on the outside's that keeps a spa at 104 degrees in -10 weather so i figured it should hold my res temp and keep all the light out. My tap water is about 55 degrees right now and after 3 days it would climb to 75 without using any frozen 2 liter bottles. When i use the bottles it will hold it to about 65 but id rather not use them if i don't have too. I have also added a 400 gph pump with a piece of blumat tubing in the intake to help suck more oxygen from above the water level. Not sure if that is really going to solve anything by itself but i was told it was a good idea to have a pump in the res mixing stuff up at all times and might as well get some more d.o. while im at it. I did put the big end of a small zip tie in the end of the air tube to keep from sucking to much air because the pump was not running good with it all the way open.

So i have now cleaned out my res, pump and air stone with 30% h202 to make sure im not reintroducing the algae. I even oxidized my figer tip touching the full strenght h202, that didnt feel good lol. If the algae comes back now im going to stop all additives and only run canna a&b to see if the algae stops and if it does then i will slowly add them back one at a time to see what one is giving me the problem. If the res still gets algae with a&b then im going to just run h202 with it and hand water once a week with all the additives as most cannot be ran with h202. My main question is with h202 i will be running a "dead res" and would it just be better to run a chlorine product like clear res or dutchmaster zone instead of h202?

I also never dechlorinate my res water so i was wondering am i just running a partial dead res for the first couple days but after the chlorine evaporates thats when things are going south?

Decided to put a pic of one of the most important parts of my grow the legal documents and a log of res temps and whats in it to try to resolve my algae problem..

Any info or ideas are more then welcome!!!

Attachments

• redcard.jpg
    redcard.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
  • inside res.jpg
    inside res.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 15
  • thermal blanket.jpg
    thermal blanket.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 12
  • res setup.jpg
    res setup.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 20
  • greatwhite.jpg
    greatwhite.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 16

Buddler

Veteran

Had to comment on god bud,dont buy from bcbd shit seeds ,check out jordan of the islands web site strain list and where to get the right seeds. Also god bud is indica dominate and ass kicking potency.im runnin some crosses now..:tiphat: Buddler..

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So it has been about a week since last update,

Plants are going good and i think its time to flip or they are going to overgrow the tent. I have put a 10'' fan under the lamp as i have seen in most vertical grows. With adding the fan under i have removed the other fan circulating the tent, the fan under moves so much air the plants move around pretty good and i felt it wasn't needed. I also added some bamboo stakes to help support some of the plants that are seriously leaning toward the light. Was thinking about putting tomato cage's around them but figured it would be harder to hand water and adjust any of the blumats if needed. Not very exciting right now but in a couple weeks we should start to see some real magic happen.

Looking great.. Nice shape to the doughnut..
Ya might try a cage around the bulb rather than each plant..

Keep doin ya thang...
Peace. .

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Ne0nSaGe

Had to comment on god bud,dont buy from bcbd shit seeds ,check out jordan of the islands web site strain list and where to get the right seeds. Also god bud is indica dominate and ass kicking potency.im runnin some crosses now..:tiphat: Buddler..

As i am a legal medical patient these strain where bought as clones so not sure where it came from but not planning on buying any seeds anytime soon. I will be Looking for new strains that work well for vert as the god bud does very well but is not very potent. Unlike the bubba kush that is a heavy hitter but i dont think she has enough sativa genetics to run good in vert.

Maybe im just a snob ive been smoking so much wax that "decent" bud just doesnt get my high anymore. I do love the crystal production on the god bud it goes all over even on the fan leaves, very good strain for hash production so i will be running some bubble hash soon i have a gal size ziplock bag full of trim from the last run. All i need to do is charge my battery on the drill, get a couple 5gal buckets and some bagged ice and i will post how it goes.

Ne0nSaGe

Looking great.. Nice shape to the doughnut..
Ya might try a cage around the bulb rather than each plant..

Keep doin ya thang...
Peace. .

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Thanks i was thinking they would overgrow the space around them but i guess i could raise the bulb above them and they will stop growing sideways and start growing up. I am going to flip in the next couple days so they will have some major stretch anyway. Think i may go get something to build a cage for the center but not sure how it will be when i need to work on them. I will be hand watering at least once a week if this algae problem doesn't get worked out so i kinda need enough room to hand water and adjust the blumats if needed.

What is the total light footprint of a 600w hung vertically? Thinking if its only 3ft i cant grow them past 2ft in veg to end with a 4ft plant plus a 12'' container will be 5ft of the 7ft height of the tent..???

Alien_Dawg

Thanks i was thinking they would overgrow the space around them but i guess i could raise the bulb above them and they will stop growing sideways and start growing up. I am going to flip in the next couple days so they will have some major stretch anyway. Think i may go get something to build a cage for the center but not sure how it will be when i need to work on them. I will be hand watering at least once a week if this algae problem doesn't get worked out so i kinda need enough room to hand water and adjust the blumats if needed.

What is the total light footprint of a 600w hung vertically? Thinking if its only 3ft i cant grow them past 2ft in veg to end with a 4ft plant plus a 12'' container will be 5ft of the 7ft height of the tent..???

Ne0nSaGe

With using one of those illustrations i will try to explain what i mean by foot print. I see the optimal distance from plants to bulb horizontal is 8'' -29'' and at 9'' you get the 52k lumens if u can keep it cool. Right now then middle of the bulb to the stem of the plants is 17'' at that im getting 14.5k lumens. I sure that im going to get a decent amount of stretch toward the light so i figure the closer the better as long as im not getting a ton of bleaching or heat.

Me saying footprint what i'm really wondering is more from bottom to top at say 10'' from bulb to plant how much light makes it above or below the bulb. I know that the further the light is from the plants the longer the spread will be. But what is the optimal distance to get some height but still have a good lumen per sq ft?

My next thought is if i cant grow them taller then 3ft then would it be better to stack 2 600's each 4x4 square and try to end at say 5ft-6ft? In that case i need to veg plants to 3ft before ever putting them into the flower tent.

Any ideas or suggestion are more then welcome!!

Attachments

• vertlight.jpeg
    vertlight.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 12

Ne0nSaGe

So i got some pics for a update a couple days ago but didn't have the time to do it so here we go only 2 days late lol....

I flipped the ladies to 12/12 sunday night so this show should get interesting very quick!!

I decided i had the other 600w light so might as well run them both stacked till the clones get big enough to flower (at least a month from now). I haven't put them up to secure because they will be run apart by next month so right now i just have one hanging above the other to the side a bit just so no to much heat hits the other light cord.

While i was at it i did some major trimming and now after a few days there are allot more bud sites getting light. Some of the fan leaves where pretty big and while trimming u can definitely see allot of the bubba kush have really green leaves. The god bud's look perfect so i'm not gonna bother changing my res from the 125ml/15gal a&b nute's that have been working so well.

After completly insulating the res i still am getting algae with below 70 water temp. So on the 12th i cleaned and changed the res and as of yesterday the algae was starting. Today i will clean again and sterilize everything, then i will fill the res with only canna a&b and ph down. I will hand water all other nutes every 3 days and see how long i get without algae. If i still get it im just gonna say fuck it and run a dead res and hand water the nutes that don't like h202 every couple days..

Im really getting tired of this algae crap but the plants obviously aren't being effected by it cause they look beautiful..

Last 2 pics are how much my bird wants the leaves. She is just mesmerized by the plants and i try my hardest to keep her away. Every time i leave the room she instatly goes after the pile of leaves so i put them on the veg tent and what do i come back too...

Attachments

• DSC07200.jpg
    DSC07200.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC07196.jpg
    DSC07196.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC07195.jpg
    DSC07195.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC07194.jpg
    DSC07194.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC07190.jpg
    DSC07190.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC07201.jpg
    DSC07201.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC07203.jpg
    DSC07203.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC07205.jpg
    DSC07205.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC07208.jpg
    DSC07208.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 12

brennye

Very nice! I'll be watching for sure, looks a lot like my current grow, but on a larger scale for sure. Nice healthy girls, love the thick main stems!

I'll be interested to see if you end up stacking bulbs and what height you end up at, as I'm thinking along the same lines. Although I only have a spare 400 to use with my 600....if I don't stack I will probably aim for about 3.5' finished height. Any advice you could give this first time vert grower would be much appreciated :)