What's new

Legal 4x8 Grow Tent 2x600w Donuts w/ Blumats & Canna Coco

Buddler

Veteran
When u prune for vert you grow a sideways canopy prunin out the back of plants and with stacked bulbs you need tall plants or shelves of plants as you are growin sideways the upper bulb is lighting up the walls above plants both bulbs should be down low between plants for maximum lumens lighting up all the lower branches .the way its pruned now would be for a horizontal garden,youd be better off with a single horizontal bulb.plants look great though..Buddler

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
looks nice man. how did they finish out? did you expereince any issues with the plants growing soo close to the lights? I think you should have accounted for atleast 6" of space between the plant and bulb after stretch. was this your first vert/donut? how did it yield?

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Thanks i was thinking they would overgrow the space around them but i guess i could raise the bulb above them and they will stop growing sideways and start growing up. I am going to flip in the next couple days so they will have some major stretch anyway. Think i may go get something to build a cage for the center but not sure how it will be when i need to work on them. I will be hand watering at least once a week if this algae problem doesn't get worked out so i kinda need enough room to hand water and adjust the blumats if needed.

What is the total light footprint of a 600w hung vertically? Thinking if its only 3ft i cant grow them past 2ft in veg to end with a 4ft plant plus a 12'' container will be 5ft of the 7ft height of the tent..???
This is good for 50 w/sq ft (bare bulb) coverage:

....................Area Diameter Radius sq ft
...600 watt 12.000 3.909 1.954
1,200 watt 24.000 5.528 2.764
1,000 watt 20.000 5.046 2.523
2,000 watt 40.000 7.136 3.568

Also look into a chiller. 75 degrees is a bit high to hit. I'd set mine at 68-72. Also no air stone, they can also cause root issues especially at higher temps. I ditched the airstones, installed a Penguin powerhead/venturi pump in my res and also a top feed system running at 400 gph for 6 plants in 5 gallon buckets. Plus a separate recirc pump (I use RDWC & T waterfall to res). That all should at least take care of DO problems.

Edited numbers, they were off!

Last edited:

Ne0nSaGe

Hey Guys im back!! My 80hr+ per week job took controll of my life and i had no time to even scratch my balls..

I think i have some pics of this grow almost finished but i defiantly wasn't that impressed as i didn't spend enough time to maintain it. Being the blumats that failed every time i forgot to top off the res and not enough trimming early on. I do like the blumats and if done with the faucet and a pressure reducer it wouldn't be a problem but i want to feed nutes not just water so i bailed on them but they are handy little things and i will use them again in the future im sure.

This was my first vert but not my last and it was defiantly a big learning curve. I went to a stadium style with 24 plants in the same tent with the 2 600's and was allot better but i am just not a tent grower so was making due with the space i had and never came out better then .5 gpw.

My new chapter in life for the past year has been a 16k under current dwc vert grow that has had its ups and downs that i will make a new thread for so be expecting it..

The bad news is i am stepping away from vert and going to parabolic hoods and coco tree's like DJM and some of the others that are making serous moves on the coco front. Fare well vert i will be back i'm sure!!

Here are some pics of my current grow and i will find the last several and post them for everyone to see how they went

Attachments

• DSC_0454.jpg
    DSC_0454.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 777.jpg
    777.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 0808.jpg
    0808.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Latest posts