What's new

LED Retailers...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I plan to run 4 of these in a 6x6 bloom room.

It will be interesting to see what the Kill-a-Watt shows and your results with them. I've just been pricing out parts tonight for a pair of 150w 660nm bar-type fixtures (4" x 60"), and came up with a total of $1175 for the major parts (LEDs, heat sinks, drivers, enclosures, and fans). The LEDEngin 10w LEDs that I priced aren't the most efficient chips going, but I'm hoping that they will have the range to supplement a couple of 400w CMH lamps.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The unit has 288 led's. So at 516 watts thats 1.79 watts per.

That is actually far better than I would have expected. Four of those should work very well in your area, with the multiple light sources giving you a great footprint. Good luck and keep us posted, please!

RaNgEr RiCk

Will do. I'm thinking about adding a few T5 fixtures into the mix as well. Would you guys go mixed spectrum with the T5 bulbs, or just stick to a red or blue?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will do. I'm thinking about adding a few T5 fixtures into the mix as well. Would you guys go mixed spectrum with the T5 bulbs, or just stick to a red or blue?

I use either 2700k or 4100k, pretty much interchangeably. If you look at the SPD charts for fluorescents, you will see that there is surprisingly little difference in the actual spectrums - even the warm whites have plenty of blue in them.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
thanks for the info ranger rick... :tiphat:

good luck and do keep us updated ;)

mrsmall

Hey thanks very much GP73LPC for taking the time to compile this thread, I really interested in going back into Leds, I had 4x300 watt ones last year, no idea of the brand as they had no name on the covers,
they were bright but i sold them on never done a complete grow so no idea,
i just dont have enough cash right now for the good looking ones i am seeing in your list, i was considering the lighthouse off ebay but after reading its got less watt then advertised i think it maybe a con,
thanks very much for the thread, love your work

cjk

just bought 4 100 watt advanced diamond series to replace my 600 MH in a 10 x 3 veg room. going to hang 1 every 2.5 feet. the temps in my veg room with the MH hovered from 8 - 12 degrees above ambient. i've got three of the led's installed so far and the temps are 0 - 2 degrees above ambient, amazing! summer will be a whole lot nicer this year.

i'm also part of california light works trial members to test out there 800 watt led/uvb light thats advertised in high times right now. actual pull is around 630 i believe. it's for a 4x4 area and that's what i'll be putting in. it's going to replace a 1000 watt hps unless it doesn't prove itself. i have 90 days to test it out.

as soon as i get the cali led and my watt reader i'll post back with specs on the advanced and cali light as well as begin a journal to document my findings. should be getting started in a month or so with the cali led.

Megas

I don't know anything about LED's so maybe someone can school me a bit. I thought the point of buying a LED system was so use little power. So why would you buy a 600w LED over a 600w hps?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know anything about LED's so maybe someone can school me a bit. I thought the point of buying a LED system was so use little power. So why would you buy a 600w LED over a 600w hps?

Read it over again - he is hoping to replace a 1000w HPS with the 600w LED, and replace a 600w HPS with (4) 100w LEDs. There is also the heat factor, and in my opinion, better quality.

Megas

...and longer life, less heat, less infrared signature, and a better light spectrum.

-Funk

So for lets say 100watt LED is = too what hps?
Have LEDs gotten up to par? I remember cpl years ago they were still really lacking, pretty generic Chinese stuff.

oneshot

Now I am worried the Blackstar 240 I ordered is going to be a piece of crap :(

GP73LPC, you really like the Welthink huh?

420ish

Now I am worried the Blackstar 240 I ordered is going to be a piece of crap :(

GP73LPC, you really like the Welthink huh?

got the blackstar 180.it only pulls around 75 watts.it is a nice light though.what size space were you going to use the 240?