What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Retailers...

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
This is a picture the HID's getting replaced. There were nine of them when this picture was taken.

The second shot is the test budroom with an indica under 850 mw of UVB, made some powerful go to sleep smoke, not any stonier, but some people need help napping.

The LED setup will be using the test room, I've done a year of light tests and the UVB testing is the last of them.

These LED's (2700 watt draw) are just under half the lighting wattage, all the results from the last year are being incorporated. All the sidelighting spectrums and fixtures are being used in the main budroom and will be transferred, the $ for the LED's waited until I was sure of what will work from what is available.
If Hydrogrow LED had not come out with the 60 degree lens I would still be waiting.

Attachments

• sidelights on right.jpg
    sidelights on right.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 26
  • uv indica 2.jpg
    uv indica 2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 29

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
how about the LEDS? did you get them yet. thats what i would really love to see once the room is ready...

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Three week ship date. Somehow, from all the stories I hear, I doubt early shipping will happen.
The last UVB tray isn't coming out until new year's, I expect the LED's a few days before that.
Quite a few things to keep me occupied meanwhile. The 50 T8's and 20 T5's for the surround are only 2/3 acquired, only 2 of the 3 new electric circuits have been run. The mounting framework for the surround and ductwork for the fans are still on paper.

The LED's are only half the lights, the fluorescents add another 2680 watts and the 10000k sunpulse adds 400. Total wattage is 5780 watts. Quite a large number of details involved, going to be second week of january before the room is ready for plants go under the lights.

I will be using a cardboard mockup for the surround spacing, that part will start going in next week. I can paint the cardboard red and write HydroGrow on it, I probably really will, I am stoked and have spare time while all the items flow in.

I bought out Home Depot's supply of T8 polished high bay six tube fixtures, I'll be haunting them for another 3 on delivery day. The 20 UVB 48" lizard lights are slow boating in from Drs. Foster & Smith, as are the Roseate 650 nm's. Reef Geeks have the Red Sun T5's.

The plan was for everything to be here roughly at the same time, but I plain forgot about the christmas shipping crunch. My mind was elsewhere.

I think I did OK though, the middle of january for the good to go date is still the plan.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I have acquired patience, when I first joined I figured I knew plenty and being smart besides should make this easy.

The smarts never materialized and easy is not even listed as a real word in the growing dictionary.

A common thread with people like me is these enthusiastic posts and threads started with very grand visions. All too soon the threads go to the back and nobody answers the door.
I almost did that with my UVB test after three plants got destroyed by the UV and the fourth was stunted. The temptation to crawl away was strong in me. I still never talk about the 12 oz lost to 404 nm violet, ouch and double ouch.

When I actually have the new lights in hand I will start the new thread, even though I am busy prepping now. Will probably be called "Cammie's new Penetrator" or somesuch, just to make those who care smile.

GP73LPC

Veteran
i wouldn't use the name Cammie or any product name as your thread will most likely be binned... She has been banned here and i would not try to promote her products here... just sayin... :2cents:

make a thread in the lighting forum if you want to have any chance of discussing the LEDs and post a link in this thread for me and others to follow ... :good:

thanks and best of luck !!!! :wave:

NLIGHTMAN

Hi all, im looking to switch to led, but im so confused with all the bullshit! one company tells you that true 3 watts are the go, and another tells you that there oppositions spectrum does shit, then you have the draw, then its lens angle. I think i will go off whos grow does well. Im suprised i havent seen the magnum up there in the high yield grows. I bought a 345 watt penetrator pro back in april, and i can tell you it was the most insane decision i have made in my life. 6 oz i yielded. my plants were like bonsai! i will never trust that him/her again. it almost lost my faith in led all together. I have a tent 165cm x 65cm x 180cm h and i run two 600watt cooltubes, with a recirculating dwc. I scrog two plants with a three week veg time. my strains are the church and bluewidow. Depending on what i scrog i usually yield between 28 and 34 oz. i find it so hard to keep my temps down i summer. Im really looking for a led to run in this tent. Im thinking 700- 740 watts. with the right leds i still should yield the same. i like magnum, grow guru, growstealth probloom, and powerled. any suggestions guys?

bigsby

I run 2x Welthink Wex-C150 (150w / 3w single chip @ 90 degrees). I like their long profile - they cover a decent area. However, they have had quality control issues. Both of my units suffered identical failures after 18 months. However, I sent them to Welthink and they were replaced immediately, no questions asked. They stand behind their product. These lights do very well in both veg and flower. That said, I now use them only for veg and a 400w CMH for flower.

bigsby

The constant current supply failed on both units due to spotty soldering on the boards. I have to give props to Welthink. Their response time was hours and minutes and they did the right thing. They turned around new lights in 36 hours. Pretty good for any vendor.

Are you running these? Looks like your have a pic of them as your avatar. I removed the plexiglass shield first thing. The absorb a ton of light. Would love to hear your thoughts.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welthink just moved up several notches on my potential vendor list!

bigsby

I have to tell you, I was SO disappointed when my lights went down. I freaked. They were quite an investment. So you can imagine I was very pleased with the Welthink support.

I run 2x WEX-C150s in a veg cab that is 5'L x 2'W x 3'6"H with passive venting (active when the the flower room fan is running). They can run full tilt with no active venting and the temps never exceed 82 degrees.

I do have one comment on the life of LED units which tends to be overlooked. Note that I am a supporter and I run these lights. Yes, the diodes will last forever. 20,000 hours or whatever. However, the electronics needed to drive these units are not fail proof and likely have a significantly shorter expected life. So while the diodes may last that long you can expect to replace the drivers over that live time. Kind of deflates the longevity argument somewhat, eh?

REALPOTency

Veteran
hello,

I have at this moment a 100w led panels by RMZ Electronics
-Antuled SP60, 60w
spectrum 455nm,630nm,660nm and 6500°k
&
-Antuled LT40, 40w(4x10w)
spectrum 630nm,660m and 6500°k

the led are golden dragon plus osram,

now I'm finishing a NL
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=227488
I hope to get between 0.9 to 1.1grxW with a single plant
the next will put more plants and I think that I can now spend

smokes&regards

AlexTrebek

Phaeton's UVB tests we're epic, chasing after that dream of the acapulco gold from the olden days. Can't wait to see his new grow, fluo tubes fkin rock!

bigsby

I now run my LEDs for veg and a 400w CMH with the Phillips Retro White bulb for flower. The CMH is supposed to give off pretty decent UVB coverage. I can tell you that the plants LOVE it. They took 10 days - 2 weeks longer to ripen under the LED. I would steal the reptile light from my bearded dragon for the last two weeks of flower just to add a little boost (he got it back during lights out...). From my experience this is the biggest draw back to LEDs - lack of UVB. I'm a novice at best so educated me if you have better data...

GP73LPC

Veteran
The constant current supply failed on both units due to spotty soldering on the boards. I have to give props to Welthink. Their response time was hours and minutes and they did the right thing. They turned around new lights in 36 hours. Pretty good for any vendor.

Are you running these? Looks like your have a pic of them as your avatar. I removed the plexiglass shield first thing. The absorb a ton of light. Would love to hear your thoughts.

i am running one for a veggie/herb garden. i currently can't grow our beloved weed, but when i do i have another WEX-C150 in waiting, so I will be running two...

i bought my wex-c150's from this guy. he runs four of them and harvested over 1 lb... there are several grows in that one post, it's the dude named stra8outtaweed... take a look here...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4683990#post4683990

also check the link in my sig entitled LED HYDRO HERB/VEGGIE GARDEN. that's my current setup with my wex-c150...

GP73LPC

Veteran
hello,

I have at this moment a 100w led panels by RMZ Electronics
-Antuled SP60, 60w
spectrum 455nm,630nm,660nm and 6500°k
&
-Antuled LT40, 40w(4x10w)
spectrum 630nm,660m and 6500°k

the led are golden dragon plus osram,

now I'm finishing a NL
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=227488
I hope to get between 0.9 to 1.1grxW with a single plant
the next will put more plants and I think that I can now spend

smokes&regards

very cool, off to read your thread now...

i will also add the RMZ Electronics brand to my charts. :tiphat:

EDIT: maybe not ^^^^ can't find a web site...

Last edited:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I aquired some HGL Technologies 336X-PRO's four days ago, up and running for 3-1/2.
I previously gave the wattage at over 500, I isolated the six fans per unit and the LED portion is 462 watts. That's 10%, thought it was worth a mention.
Otherwise the units are exactly as adverised, big smile on my face.

GP73LPC

Veteran
I aquired some HGL Technologies 336X-PRO's four days ago, up and running for 3-1/2.
I previously gave the wattage at over 500, I isolated the six fans per unit and the LED portion is 462 watts. That's 10%, thought it was worth a mention.
Otherwise the units are exactly as adverised, big smile on my face.

thanks man, i updated the charts... and my mythbusting thread...