What's new

LED Retailers...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
just bought 4 100 watt advanced diamond series to replace my 600 MH in a 10 x 3 veg room. going to hang 1 every 2.5 feet. the temps in my veg room with the MH hovered from 8 - 12 degrees above ambient. i've got three of the led's installed so far and the temps are 0 - 2 degrees above ambient, amazing! summer will be a whole lot nicer this year.

i'm also part of california light works trial members to test out there 800 watt led/uvb light thats advertised in high times right now. actual pull is around 630 i believe. it's for a 4x4 area and that's what i'll be putting in. it's going to replace a 1000 watt hps unless it doesn't prove itself. i have 90 days to test it out.

as soon as i get the cali led and my watt reader i'll post back with specs on the advanced and cali light as well as begin a journal to document my findings. should be getting started in a month or so with the cali led.

very cool, will be looking forward to your thread/journal, etc.... :tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
Now I am worried the Blackstar 240 I ordered is going to be a piece of crap :(

GP73LPC, you really like the Welthink huh?

it will grow, it's just not gonna be as powerful as advertised. most aren't :cry: don't throw it out...

i like the Welthink just fine. check my LED Grow 1 LB+ thread in my sig. one of the 4 grows in that thread are Welthink WEX-C150.

lotta people recommend he Lumigrow's also. Expensive, but i really believe in the theory 'you get what you pay for'... ;)

jackflash007

Now I am worried the Blackstar 240 I ordered is going to be a piece of crap :(

GP73LPC, you really like the Welthink huh?
only been runnin the new blackstar 240 for 2 weeks on a 90x90 flood table
and i think there getting bad press here i love it
i have previously used a dual-spectrum 600w on same table and i know early days but been doing this a good ol time and the growth colour leatherness of leave amazin
i might get round 2 postin some pics just thought id throw my thoughts in there
peace all

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you call Lumigrow the big model can be had for 1100 - 1200 $ from what I am hearing and another member on here said he just got 2 for 1100 each. Much cheaper than advertised on the website. That is for the 330 watt ES with 5 yr warranty. So if anyone out there is gonna buy one make sure you don't pay full sticker! :tiphat:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
only been runnin the new blackstar 240 for 2 weeks on a 90x90 flood table
and i think there getting bad press here i love it
i have previously used a dual-spectrum 600w on same table and i know early days but been doing this a good ol time and the growth colour leatherness of leave amazin
i might get round 2 postin some pics just thought id throw my thoughts in there
peace all

Reporting the actual current draw of a device is not giving something "bad press". I don't believe that anyone has said that the Blackstar won't work - only that it pulls about half of the power that it's name would lead you to believe. I'm glad it's working out for you, but did you think that you were buying a 240w fixture?

GP73LPC

Veteran
If you call Lumigrow the big model can be had for 1100 - 1200 $ from what I am hearing and another member on here said he just got 2 for 1100 each. Much cheaper than advertised on the website. That is for the 330 watt ES with 5 yr warranty. So if anyone out there is gonna buy one make sure you don't pay full sticker! :tiphat:

thanks for the heads up SOTF :tiphat:

a lot of people have asked me for recommendations on LEDS and Lumigrow is one of the names i always share... :bigeye:

jackflash007

Reporting the actual current draw of a device is not giving something "bad press". I don't believe that anyone has said that the Blackstar won't work - only that it pulls about half of the power that it's name would lead you to believe. I'm glad it's working out for you, but did you think that you were buying a 240w fixture?
when i bought blackstar it said 240 equals 80x3watt 240led par output but at a lesser pull
so 135w I still expect par output to be 240 i dont care really what power it usin jus as long as i get the par output there is a youtube clip out there that shows what im tryin to say
peace

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when i bought blackstar it said 240 equals 80x3watt 240led par output but at a lesser pull
so 135w I still expect par output to be 240 i dont care really what power it usin jus as long as i get the par output there is a youtube clip out there that shows what im tryin to say
peace

As I said before, I'm glad that you are happy with your fixture, but it still is misleading marketing. Industry standard for electrical devices when mentioning power is the wattage drawn from the utility, whether it be a microwave oven or a lamp. 400w CMH lamps aren't advertised as "600 HPS-equivalent watts" based on their PAR output - they are named by the wattage drawn. This is the same type of marketing that is used with cheap stereos - "1000 watt IPP" and then in fine print "12 watts rms". Perhaps you researched it well enough that you were aware of what you were getting - many people don't, and that has contributed to the poor reputation that LEDs have.

This is why this thread, and all of GP73LPC's work on the tables, is so important. People can compare the salient points of damn near every commercial fixture at a glance, and see what they are really getting.

GP73LPC

Veteran
This is why this thread, and all of GP73LPC's work on the tables, is so important. People can compare the salient points of damn near every commercial fixture at a glance, and see what they are really getting.

thanks mang :tiphat:

oneshot

My Blackstar should be here tomorrow. The tent is all setup (came today) with the fan installed. filter isnt here yet though.

If the Blackstar doesn't cut it, I am gonna step up to a Lumigrow and just get it over with :)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For those of you that are interested, here are some shots of my Lumigrow ES330 undressed. The quality of the construction on these amazes me - as a retired industrial electrician, I've seen the interior of a hell of a lot of high-dollar gear. I've seen some equipment that approached this quality, but none better. The paint looks like automotive-quality, and the interior is every bit as good as the exterior. The heat sink is massive - the fins are 2" high, it has (3) 24 cfm fans rated for high static pressure, and being able to tune the spectrum/power should be a standard feature on all LED fixtures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rives again. :cry:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ rives

OH So that's how you open one up huh :biggrin: :thank you:

@ GP73LPC

Thats right mang! Always the best whenever possible that's my motto. ;)

So yes these babies are built like a tank. Dropped one once and it didn't even hiccup or flicker or anything and didn't leave a mark on it since the paint it super thick and seems baked on or powder coated. I'm sure it is actually! Great LED lights that grow some great buds :good: After all these are used by real nurseries and greenhouses not just closet growers so they have to make sure the quality is there and you absolutely get what you pay for with these. Sunshine in a box. :)

Good stuff man +K

oneshot

very cool... you gonna start a grow thread?

Yep. Light arrived and it's crazy bright. I accidentally looked at it because I didn't realize it was a delay fire and thought it was broken :)

Having an issue with an Amazon vendor right now with getting my Can33 here :/ I want to get sprouts going before I start posting anything though.

So yes these babies are built like a tank. Dropped one once and it didn't even hiccup or flicker or anything and didn't leave a mark on it since the paint it super thick and seems baked on or powder coated. I'm sure it is actually! Great LED lights that grow some great buds :good: After all these are used by real nurseries and greenhouses not just closet growers so they have to make sure the quality is there and you absolutely get what you pay for with these. Sunshine in a box. :)

Good stuff man +K

Now I really want one of these things after seeing that teardown and hearing this.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm really liking the look and features of the new Lumibar, they would be great for vertical-type grows with LED and they are 4 feet long and you can order them with the 740 nm far red :thinking: I could see a nice like 4 x 4 foot grow tent or bigger with one in each corner standing up vertical and a bunch of extremely healthy full sized 4 foot tall Sweet Tooth plants growing in the middle of them just covered in huge frosty sweet buds all up and down the whole length of them and all the side branches. Would be a ton of light at 175 watts each that would be 700 watts total of kickass ALL PAR Lumipower! :bow: :woohoo: :good:

:plant grow: :plant grow:

Damn I need to start selling these things :bigeye: Or get some free samples or something ;)

GP73LPC

Veteran
Yep. Light arrived and it's crazy bright. I accidentally looked at it because I didn't realize it was a delay fire and thought it was broken :)

Having an issue with an Amazon vendor right now with getting my Can33 here :/ I want to get sprouts going before I start posting anything though.

:tiphat:

welcome to icmag :wave:

GP73LPC

Veteran
I'm really liking the look and features of the new Lumibar, they would be great for vertical-type grows with LED and they are 4 feet long and you can order them with the 740 nm far red :thinking: I could see a nice like 4 x 4 foot grow tent or bigger with one in each corner standing up vertical and a bunch of extremely healthy full sized 4 foot tall Sweet Tooth plants growing in the middle of them just covered in huge frosty sweet buds all up and down the whole length of them and all the side branches. Would be a ton of light at 175 watts each that would be 700 watts total of kickass ALL PAR Lumipower! :bow: :woohoo: :good:

:plant grow: :plant grow:

Damn I need to start selling these things :bigeye: Or get some free samples or something ;)

those are similar in shape to my welthink wex-c150. funny how lumigrow and some others have developed a longer led array and welthink has now developed their WIDE models that more emulate the rest of the market and lumigrow. i really see the market for both shaped arrays...

anyway, back to the lumibar, when you gonna get some...? you know you wanna.... :dance013:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts