What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Retailers...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see you really like that blueberry cheesecake! Never tried it but sure sounds delicious. That SE 220 looks really cool and high tech, but pricey too! Do you feel its worth the money so far? What do you mean its dying? It was revegged? Thanks petflora. God bless

dRying, not dying

I have people who like the BBCC more than my preference which is sat dom

Absolutely worth it IMO

God bless

dRying, not dying

I have people who like the BBCC more than my preference which is sat dom

Absolutely worth it IMO
Oh! Lol my bad it was late when I posted that, guess I read it wrong! Sorry. Ok yea I myself prefer sativa over indica so I know what you mean. I don't like to feel sleepy or lazy at all, I don't need help with that lol.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found this ..
http://www.compareledgrowlights.com/conclusion/

What do you say?
Any one have experience or actual matchups done? Can you confirm conclusions and what did you try from the list?

Who blessed this site as All Knowing? Far from it

That said, all three lights mentioned (with the lone exception being Apache) fit into the THEY LIE column, ESPECIALLY Black Dog

I have been growing on and off with a BML SPYDR 600. It does a good job, but my Amare Technologies SE 220 does a much better job at 2/3 the wattage and 1/3 the price. My threads show grows of both

Ollie

Veteran
Its also "funny" to see that Spectrum King is listed as red/bad.

They seems to be the ones who push the boundaries and alot of people have praised there product/s.

A wicked world !

Jah Bless ..

TheRelieved

Well your light doesn't have UV or IR... ? (some Black Dog models have though) - Also i tend to hear about a lot of problems with COB's ...

What model did you test of the BD?

This guy hold up around 150 lights, and compared them to eachother, based on science/numbers.
Wattage use, Par range, etc etc etc...
What he doesn't state, is wether one light is better for growing or not, what he states, is which lights do actually live up to promised expectations etc..

Unless you have tested the Black Dog with controlling devices, I cannot use your answer for much... It could be a million reasons why your BD didnt perform as expected, unless you checked, for sure, if it performed similar to specs etc... Well..
(no offence btw, just trying to clear up on things before i put in crazy ammounts of lights)

TheRelieved

Its also "funny" to see that Spectrum King is listed as red/bad.

They seems to be the ones who push the boundaries and alot of people have praised there product/s.

Yeah well It was on the list untill like... very recently...
Like i think 2 days ago actually...
Will have to study that website and his comparions a bit more...
If any light genius sits out there, please check in.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any LED that is primarily a mix of red/blue is pure BS pseudo-science

See McCree Curve for what cannabis wants/needs

Anything less will be at the eventual detriment of the plants DNA

What cannabis benefits from is mostly neutral white with a bit of 450 blue and 610-630 red for flower power

Plants' Chlorophyll A/B and Carotenoids rely on everything between violet and green. Those tetraterpenoids in particular rely on green. Chlorophyll A/B do benefit from the warm orange and reds beyond yellow, but regarding spectrum mass it is the aforementioned violet to green which dictate and account for the bulk of photosynthesis. The warmer spectrum seems to be around 50% less than the cold side offers to plants.

Chemataxonomic researches in higher plants. XV Carotenoid and chlorophyll pigments in the leaves of Cannabis sativa L.

FranJan

What's a good LED retailer for switching from a 600w or 1000w hps to an led system in flower?

If your looking for a 1 for 1, drop-in replacement there aren't a lot of truly tested choices and most are $$$. With LED it's better to define the area you want to illuminate since you're talking about a directional light source and you'll want to leverage that ability. Actually one of the reasons LEDs and HID are difficult to even impossible in some cases to compare is LEDs directional nature. And if you're not a licensed facility and/or UL doesn't matter to you then building or having your lights built for you might be a much better way to go. Custom built for your space and environment works best IMO and can save you big if done right $$$.

If you really want to talk to someone then Google "Pacific Light Concepts". They are a smaller company than say Illumitex/Fluence but the owner comes from a long-time Cali growing family and has his panels in commercial settings. He'll have some good words of advice for you I bet.

ApacheTech's good, they make a panel, (AT600), that is basically a 1K replacement but ain't cheap and IDK when the last time it's LEDs went under a revision. Heliospectra makes something more up your alley but again these are all $$$. You can try to buy some cheap panels but as a grower who has used a 600/1000 watter you'll most likely be very disappointed and you'll probably become a LED hater after that.

Go slow before you make your decision or you'll get burned. Look for repeatable and independent results, with your own eyes if you can. See what others are using in bigger spaces, that helps to make a clearer decision. Anybody can make videos and promises. Without real grow evidence they should just be hucksters and shills to you.

Hope that helps and Best of Luck!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's a good LED retailer for switching from a 600w or 1000w hps to an led system in flower?

Amare Technologies will do you right.

I have used AT for almost 2 years now.

I am very happy with the harvest from under my SE 220, which has become SE 250 (30 more watts)

The bud/phone was > 30" below the canopy and against the side wall of the 33 x 33 tent, which IMHO is to say most impressive

View attachment 354805 View attachment 354806 View attachment 354807

That should kick ass in > a 3 x 3
at a price lower than their actual real world LED competitors, which are also excellent lights.

stoned78

Hi Guys:) to sum up this long thread..... its getting long so if anyone been following this or are a "ledspert?"

Also long time 600w HPS grower looking to replace my 600watts aprox. pr. square meter (about 4foot by 4 foot) ...a standard growtent space.

1- As I understand reaching atleast 1g pr. w. with Leds should be easy with the right ledlamps?

2- I Understand I should go with examble 2x300w led lamps or even 3x200w lamps to get same coverage?

3- Best with 1w leds or 3 watt leds?

4- Any recommended Ledlamp or lamps that fullfill my needs ( replace 600w hps in 4x4foot tent)

5- Complete Price to replace a 600w hps in 4x4foot with ledlamp/lamps?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Guys:) to sum up this long thread..... its getting long so if anyone been following this or are a "ledspert?"

Also long time 600w HPS grower looking to replace my 600watts aprox. pr. square meter (about 4foot by 4 foot) ...a standard growtent space.

1- As I understand reaching atleast 1g pr. w. with Leds should be easy with the right ledlamps?

2- I Understand I should go with examble 2x300w led lamps or even 3x200w lamps to get same coverage?

3- Best with 1w leds or 3 watt leds?

4- Any recommended Ledlamp or lamps that fullfill my needs ( replace 600w hps in 4x4foot tent)

5- Complete Price to replace a 600w hps in 4x4foot with ledlamp/lamps?

Consider that the 6" perimeter probably isn't going to be in the sweet spot, then you're really looking for a light to cover 3 x 3, for which I highly recommend Amare Technologies SE 250, which I am using now

GPW is really meaningless. If the strain/pheno you are growing is not a high yielder, chances are you won't hit the number, but in a 4 x 4 you can grow 2 plants, then you are far more likely to exceed 1 gpw

stoned78

2 plants in 4x4 (just to make sure 4x4foot= 120cmx120cm aprox?) I would have to veg long time?
I have done 20plants on 4x4 in 7l pots hydro...no scrogging... the past many years ending in 120/150cm plantheight (gives some work trimming)... tried most systems and have also gone 8 plants on 4x4 at some point but ended with the 20plant on 4x4.

Ofcourse best with one strain pr. watertank but I go as many as 10 different strains pr. watertank and manually ad a little extra waternutes to plants that require more than least hungry plants.
I turn of the dripper and put the pot in a bag when time to flush the plant and water manually..even just take the plant out of room last day or two before harvest.
then more space for plants that require longer time....= more space and light for the rest.

I reach aprox. 0.80/1gram pr. watt. with 600w hps depending on strain ofcourse (rarely go for small yield plants)... maybe even 0,75 to be honest

Pretty sure it could be much better and should change my happits maybe?

If I can not change my growhabbit and would change my grow light right now.... would it be possible to replace my 660w hps with 660w of leds a yield more in 4x4 foot? (amount of leds or ledlamps does not matter... just 660w matters)

Allways run 660watt and change bulb every aprox. 1 1/2 grow and veg with 600w MH's)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 plants in 4x4 (just to make sure 4x4foot= 120cmx120cm aprox?) I would have to veg long time?
I have done 20plants on 4x4 in 7l pots hydro...no scrogging... the past many years ending in 120/150cm plantheight (gives some work trimming)... tried most systems and have also gone 8 plants on 4x4 at some point but ended with the 20plant on 4x4.

Ofcourse best with one strain pr. watertank but I go as many as 10 different strains pr. watertank and manually ad a little extra waternutes to plants that require more than least hungry plants.
I turn of the dripper and put the pot in a bag when time to flush the plant and water manually..even just take the plant out of room last day or two before harvest.
then more space for plants that require longer time....= more space and light for the rest.

I reach aprox. 0.80/1gram pr. watt. with 600w hps depending on strain ofcourse (rarely go for small yield plants)... maybe even 0,75 to be honest

Pretty sure it could be much better and should change my happits maybe?

If I can not change my growhabbit and would change my grow light right now.... would it be possible to replace my 660w hps with 660w of leds a yield more in 4x4 foot? (amount of leds or ledlamps does not matter... just 660w matters)

Allways run 660watt and change bulb every aprox. 1 1/2 grow and veg with 600w MH's)

See my 2 plants in a 3 x 3. The one on the right would cover the entire tent if not for the other plant. If growing sats you might get 3 to a 4 x 4. Basically, cramming a bunch of plants into an area means very little light penetration

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=327901

or my Transcend Light thread (2 x 4 8 tube hot5) which is 5 x 5. 3 plants take the entire width

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=313648

When you buy high intensity leds (like Amare Tech) ~ 300w will replace a 600w hps

hth

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the best commercial fixtures you can buy today are the BC Blondes Cree COBs, cannot beat that price either. hands down. I'm gonna get the smallest one whenever I can afford it, unless something better at the same price range comes up.

Amare seems good, but comapred to BC Blondes, they are outdated and over-priced.

or DIY, if you have the talent for such things. I don't, so I gotta buy one like a fool.

stoned78

the best commercial fixtures you can buy today are the BC Blondes Cree COBs, cannot beat that price either. hands down. I'm gonna get the smallest one whenever I can afford it, unless something better at the same price range comes up.

Amare seems good, but comapred to BC Blondes, they are outdated and over-priced.

or DIY, if you have the talent for such things. I don't, so I gotta buy one like a fool.

Took a look at the CREE CXB3590 COB leds in 3500k as the bc blondes use..... spectrum for the 3500k I cant find but here is for the others.

http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/C...Modules/XLamp/Data-and-Binning/ds-CXB3590.pdf

I do not like the spectrum of the other kelvin types very much but I could be missing something? and the 3500k version could feature a much different spectrum?
my guts hurt when the spectrum of the 3500k led you absolutely need the spectrum of is not to be found.

The leds seems to cost about 40$ a piece and a 449$ Bc blondes led lamp holds 4 of them...so yes if the spectrum is fine ....I would build myself :)