What's new

LED Retailers...

cocogrower

Beautiful plants! and yeah, the "shorty" looks like she can need some side lightning.

I agree with what you say about hot spots, but can't really se what it has to do with lumens per watt... Or wait.. actually i can.. The bigger cobs are more efficient. Even for 3 watters 85, isn't that good though.. But read in your BML thread that they are now are using latest version of osram chips, so thats probably all good, except that their calculator isn't up to date..

If i lived in the states I would really consider the BML-bars and probably go with 30-60 degree lenses depending how Short i wanted my plants to be. 30 if i had a massive canopy to penetrate..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, Shorty got the short end of the light

Probably to late to do much

And I will soon need them in my other tent

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Specs sound great, but I've never tested it or seen a grow under one, so I could not comment more on it.

REALPOTency

Veteran
1z3ux7a.jpg

my led grow
equipments designed and assambled by Mr LED
high quality osram leds
www.mrled.cl

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That COB + uv-b looks interesting, too bad it's probably at least 700 bucks.

Yes, but not as bad as some charge

I think it's ~ $1000, but not sure, as their Solar Spec 260 is $800ish for 260w, whereas the Solar Eclipse is 350w

So $1300 would not b unreasonable, especially with the built in uvB

I'm really impressed by the quality and size of the lowest buds under the 260, which are ~ 30" from the light

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've read in some manufacturers' blurbage that some underdrive the LEDs on purpose to reduce heat/increase life...

That is standard practice to avoid premature degradation/failure

Alas, most panel manufacturers state the potential wattage instead of actual.

Very confusing to those who neglect to educate themselves before purchasing a LED panel, as I did some 5 years ago

oc_grower

Any one know these light? They are stationed in Europe (near myself) and the light is called leoled ispectrum

the use cree osram led and meanwell driver. power and design look good - any one suggest? I would rellay like to by 4 set

They look like some decent LEDs, the only thing I noticed that I would have concerns with is the passive cooling. My skepticism would force me to focus a fan on the fins so that it cools quicker.

Koondense

Veteran
The number of leds on one panel makes me think this is suited for low distance from canopy because of low light intensity and penetration.
Just my 2 cents

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Any one know these light? They are stationed in Europe (near myself) and the light is called leoled ispectrum http://www.leoledgrow.eu/en/shop/ispectrum-led-84w.html

the use cree osram led and meanwell driver. power and design look good - any one suggest? I would rellay like to by 4 set http://www.leoledgrow.eu/en/shop/ispectrum-led-336w.html
I use 100 watt passive cooled LED bars, the light you mention is 84 watts round.
A set of four in a circle twelve inches above a single plant would grow said plant up to six ounces yield, depending on experience and strain. For a first grow expect two to three ounces.
The light fall off from the center is terrible, but with only 84 watts it has to be to get the intensity needed.
Four of them in a circle allows the cola to poke up out of the direct beam. The four off center LEDs put more than enough light down around the top bud for a nice cola. The hot center spot hits the plant halfway down on four sides, keeping those lower buds large and dense.
This looks to be a properly designed light set for a single plant garden.

The spectrum is fine as well, leave both switches on for the entire growing time. For clones, if you use them, just use one LED and keep it 30' or so away with only the grow switch on, clones do not need an over abundance of deep red until roots start.

336 watts is about the minimum for a single plant so the four of these would be ideal as long as the plant is kept under 18" (45 cm). This amount of wattage in a passive cooled unit will put out more heat than a 315 watt CMH. Finding a source of cool air to train on the LEDs is a must.
A 20" (50 cm) box fan on a stand blowing above plant height directly at the lights should be sufficient. If kept 4' (120) cm) distant the air will spread to cool them all.
A misting sprayer set on 'fine' sprayed into the airstream will show exactly where the air is going, don't guess, heat can kill a light.

I would say go for it.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good! What strain and how was your yield? Was it under led throughout the entire grow?

This is Med-Man back cross: Silver Skunk, a cross between Blueberry Cheesecake and a Mexican sat. I got one of each and pollinated to make more seeds. This is from that effort

Yes, it vegged under the SE 220 (sans COBs) from young plant

It's drying now

God bless

This is Med-Man back cross: Silver Skunk, a cross between Blueberry Cheesecake and a Mexican sat. I got one of each and pollinated to make more seeds. This is from that effort

Yes, it vegged under the SE 220 (sans COBs) from young plant

It's drying now

I see you really like that blueberry cheesecake! Never tried it but sure sounds delicious. That SE 220 looks really cool and high tech, but pricey too! Do you feel its worth the money so far? What do you mean its dying? It was revegged? Thanks petflora. God bless

Last edited: