Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Mo' Betta

Mo' Betta

Actually, that one looks decent.

I'm not a fan of White LEDs .
Whites is R + B + G!
I mean, what's the point?

Dunno if the Amber is a +, (Edison effect, whatever), but I'd like to.
So, for veg, looks OK.

Aloha
Weezard

expnow

Whites is R + B + G!

So, for veg, looks OK.

Aloha
Weezard

Weezard,

I know its weird but the white light just seems to work. That is why people always recommend throwing in CFLs with a LED grow. I have a 180watt UFO R/B/O and a 90watt UFO R/B/Warm White. Both are vegging plants in a 2x2 and the 90watt has been giving steady growth and great results while the 180watt has been somewhat lack luster.

knna

Whites is R + B + G!

So, for veg, looks OK.

Aloha
Weezard

Umhhh..yes, its RGB, but white LEDs emits on a continuous spectrum from 430 to 750nm. They gives off some far red, that is important for bud's rippening. And the continous spectrum seems to compensate our red-blue extreme spectrums, improving their perfomance.

Each day I tend to use more white. Guys on the spanish forum using the bluiest spectrums with little white are having problems with THC development (not resin) and plant's rippening, while other using more white, not :ying:

And the difference from not using white to some white added is clearly enhancing spectral efficacy.

Maybe with more study we may understand exactly what white adds to the spectrum that improves it, and in the future we can use just the wavebands involved, but right now adding white is giving the best results, IMHO.

Plants do use green, they use the whole spectrum just in differing amounts of each part, green is used very little but it is used so should be included along with UV and IR.

You worry about giving your plants all the balanced nutrients by providing micro-nutrients so they can grow their healthiest.

You need to do the same with the light you give them.

Leaving out spectrums is like leaving out micro-nutrients, the plants will grow but not to their best potential.

I would even go so far as comparing heat from the lights with ph in the nutrient solution or soil, too much or too little heat and the plants suffer like they do with a ph imbalance.

LED lights can be the lighting equivalent of a properly balanced nutrient supply at the correct ph level.

:2cents:

Newbie here, trying to learn: I was going to build a 4' X 10' with veg on one 4 X 4 side and flowering on the other 4 X 4 side

scratched that area, and decided to replace an unused wet bar with a grow room; the bar footprint is about 5' x 5' ; for an indoor grow, what's the best height/size for flowering, and for vegging??

I'm mmj licensed, allowed 12 plants, 6 in flower, and 6 immature, although I'll probably be trying to cycle the grow into 4 plants every 3 weeks or so.

everything's possible at this point, I'm here to learn

Weeze,

Weeze,

i ask them what was the right wavelengths on the LEDs.I'll post what they say. like i said, i will not be Flowering for two months or so. i'm just looking at what is out there for now. thanks for all the replys, Tricky

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Used oats, half price!

Used oats, half price!

what do you all think of this light I ask what a two light deal would be on these. It' $260.00 with Free S/H!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320434371271&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123 Thanks, Tricky

I bought a 2 color "UFO" from tinybear a while back.
The "90W" wasn't.:mad:
Hung a meter on it and it just topped 70W.

But, it did veg well.
I no longer needed it so I just sold it for $200.
(With disclosure.)

Good timing, yah?:joint:
If you are not picky about power output or UL labels, the price is good.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
A find!

A find!

so i was reading that super lights are outperforming LEDS they have a broader spectrum... check out the spectral graphs on www.portlandled.com... what do you guys think?

Screw the graphs!

The rather long article taken from;
"Grow Lights: Separating Fact from Fiction "
On the "ledinfo" page is excellent!
Well worth the long read.

Thanks for the link, Aero.

Aloha Weeze

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
no problem weezard, im ordering 3 of the 400w units im going to put them over a 4x8 8 tray botanicare aerojet... then i got 3 300w leds im going to do the same with those.. hopefully 2lbs per 4x8 ...i can easily pull 4 with 2 1000w hps no heat would be a blessing

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Anybody use one of these UFO's yet? not the same one from tinybear this one actually has some warm white LEDs in the middle all the LEDs are BrideLux brand I'm guess that's a good thing haha not to smart with all the LED stuff but I would like to toss one of these in my CFL cab that's 2.5 sq ft what do you think?

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Just don't seem right.

Just don't seem right.

Hi, what do You think about those emitters?

http://www.roithner-laser.com/All_Datasheets/LEDs/LED660-66-16100.pdf

It cost about 70-100 euro per one

And they max at 8.5V. 1.4A
Um, carry the naught,,,
That almost 12W.
For a Radiant flux of 400mw.?!
For How much?!

That's mad!
LZ1-00R215

Ledengin 15W. 660nm.

Forward Voltage (@ IF = 1500mA) VF 11.4 V
17W. eaten.
Radiometric output, 3.2W.

I drive them at 1.25 A and around 10.82V.
An honest 13.5W. dissipation for about $30. USD ea.

I must be missing something here.

Weezard

Oldmac

Hey Weezard,

Quick question....what do you see as an advantage to using the 15w 660nm LedEngine vs using the 5w ones?