What's new

LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W pro source LED LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

irishboy

great new pics irishboy! both are impressive for the wattage used but i must say the 180w buds look much more appealing and far less arrogant, argumentative and bitchy than the 126w bud:thinking:

we will have to wait until the dry weight to see whats happens between the lights. they should be pulled next week for the drying phase

turdbird

Look Turdbird, unless you're hear to start shit, I recommend staying quiet. It's VERY easy to see if I edited someone's post, as it SHOWS UP AT THE BOTTOM of their post as "EDITED BY LEDGIRL at XXX PM". So before you go making accusations or acting like you are somehow an authority around here, CHECK YOURSELF. Nothing was edited or deleted, you're simply dillusional. Yes, I do delete bashing, argumentative, and flaming posts as they violate the TOS... So if you want to stick around here for longer than another day or two, I'd recommend understanding your place here (a newbie).

I never mentioned the name of who I thought was editing posts. Never accused any one person specifically. Why so defensive? I just edited my first post in this thread and it made no mention of me editing it. Does it only do that when mods edit posts? I'm kind of new to this forum, not sure how the software is set up.

but i will say it again! ive been around leds a very long time and i have yet to see led match HID watt for watt.

Hmm. What do you mean "say it again?" I thought I was delusional?

also read that part, "Not even watt for watt"

This delusion seems to be popular.

...show me one grow with someone using a signal 126w that will yield close to a 400w, shit i even say 300g to be fair. prove it....all i am saying is on ur website it says the 126w is = to a 400w hps, where is the grow to prove this claim you made?...since you claim ur light to be = to a 400w hps. where the grow that made you come up with this claim?...

+1 Waiting patiently for results to come in.

...their should be no reason for this to be deleted or edited because all i have done is ask for facts and ask legit questions on how you came up with these claims. and if this dose get tamped with then i am done here, and sorry to all that wont get to see the weight in. but i will not post on a forum where i have no freedom of speech.

I would like to see the weigh in but if you decide to bounce, I understand and I support your decision 100%.

Edit: copypasta is delicious

LEDGirl

Veteran
come on i didn't mean veg, i meant flower, actual i meant all the way threw and entire grow using hid. i also havent seen one 126w beat a 400w to back up ur claim, so maybe u should start their.

Thus the reason you need to be more specific when you make such blatant claims. You yourself verify that the 126W outvegged a 400W HID, but you claim it doesn't match your own bloom results with a 400W HID (as no one else's results matter if we're making a fair comparison), and I've yet to see any 400W HID results produced by you. Until you're ready to show us all the side by side, or anyone else for that manner, I'll consider this issue closed. As per the comparison between the 126W and a 400W HID, it is based on scientific PAR data as I've stated in other posts.

i can just use rumples grow to back it up, because like you said if ur light beats PS then on rumples grow it would show ur light would do better, well its a 2 way street if the 180w beats ur lights then theirs no way ur light would beat a 400w if the ps couldn't do it.

Do you even understand what you just said? Rumple's last 400W HID grow produced 10 ounces dry weight (that's .7 grams per watt). MeanBean's 2nd grow ever (and 1st with LED) produced .9 grams per watt. My friend with 2 x 126W produced 1.8 grams per watt, outmatching Rumple's 400W HID grow by quite a bit (over 6 ounces). The gram per watt rating is all anyone really cares about, and if a beginner can do better than what Rumple does (gram per watt) with LED, then it's very easy to determine that 400W of LED would outperform a 400W HID.

Secondly, the ProSource light has 180W of color output that they target towards photosynthesis. Our 1st generation 126W light has 90W of spectral output that we target at photosynthesis, as well as 24W of white and 12W of infra-red. So if our 90W of spectrally targeted output can't beat their 180W of targeted output, you're trying to say that our 180W wouldn't beat theirs? GIVE ME A BREAK.

show me one grow with someone using a signal 126w that will yield close to a 400w, shit i even say 300g to be fair. prove it. and sorry i dont use 400w HID you know all ive used is 1000w hid.

It's obvious that people who have purchased our lights are not all that interested in doing 400W HID comparisons (including you), as I can't find any posted on the web. Instead of making excuses or demanding me to produce x customer to do y grow, take it upon yourself. I don't care if you used a 1000W HID either, as none of us have seen anything you do other than LED. So until you show us all your own results (gram per watt) with HID, we have nothing to compare your own claims to. We don't even know what you can do fully with LED yet, as you haven't taken the time to do a grow aimed at yield (topping, lst, etc...), simply comparisons. Maybe after you get that done, we'll have some good data from you on the actual capabilities of LED's in your hands.

every led company seems to make claims without any data or pics to back it up, not just HGL.

Our claims are based on science, and that science is posted readily on the internet. We are also the only LED company actively sponsoring grow tests between manufacturers, and posting our own demonstrations online of which most of you wish to disregard. So your comment is unbased, and I recommend you change your tone. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech, and everything to do with respect and forum rules.

Last edited:

turdbird

Thank you. So you say they got 1.8g/watt with two 126watt lights. Could we deduce that they could have gotten 1.8g/watt from one 126watt light? If so, that would be about 226.8 grams. If you got 226.8 grams from a 400w HPS, that would be .567g/watt.

That did look like a pretty nice grow. But it seems like it will take an excellent LED grow to beat a mediocre HPS grow if you are claiming that 126=400.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Thank you. So you say they got 1.8g/watt with two 126watt lights. Could we deduce that they could have gotten 1.8g/watt from one 126watt light? If so, that would be about 226.8 grams. If you got 226.8 grams from a 400w HPS, that would be .567g/watt.

That did look like a pretty nice grow. But it seems like it will take an excellent LED grow to beat a mediocre HPS grow if you are claiming that 126=400.

Considering most people yield between .5 and .7 grams per watt consistently with a 400W HID (including an experienced grower like Rumple at .7 grams per watt), our 126W is a comparable replacement for them. .5 grams per watt x 400W = 200grams, and .7 x 400W = 280g. So with her results (and she is not as good as a lot of the HID growers pulling 1gram per watt or higher) at 227 grams, do you really want to argue over semantics? What says one of these expert growers who does 1 gram per watt and higher with HID, couldn't do even better with our LED than she did? The PAR wattage between the two units is nearly identical, and when speaking about plants PAR is what lights are rated via. HID Manufacturers don't rate bulbs as "Will produce at least 1 pound of weed"...

I

irishboy

one rumple dosent only get 10oz hes gotten 12oz and i believe more.
the thing is your twisting it up. just because of those g/per watt ur say dosnet meant ONE 126w is equal to a 400w hps. were not talking about with somone with more the one 126w can to to make it = to a 400w hps. were talking about the claim that is made of ONE 126w= 400w hps.

LEDGirl

Veteran
one rumple dosent only get 10oz hes gotten 12oz and i believe more.
the thing is your twisting it up. just because of those g/per watt ur say dosnet meant ONE 126w is equal to a 400w hps. were not talking about with somone with more the one 126w can to to make it = to a 400w hps. were talking about the claim that is made of ONE 126w= 400w hps.

And no one says my friend didn't get more on her next grow either, but we're talking about her last posted vs his last posted, so let's do the REAL math to see just what all this bickering is about:

10 ounces from 400W HPS = .7 grams per watt
16+ ounces (few grams over) from 252W LED = 1.8 grams per watt.

126W x 1.8 = 227 grams.
10 ounces = 280 grams

227/280 = 19% difference from 1st generation lights.

.81% x 400W = 325W equivalent, based on grows from two completely different, semi-experienced growers (let's not forget when you get to round 2 or 3 with the HID bulb, the intensity drops significantly in comparison to the LED).

2nd generation lights have a 15% higher percentage of red for flowering, meaning more yield. So do you really want to keep arguing over a 5%-10% difference over our current models with how they are rated? Cause I sure don't see many 370W HPS bulbs on the market that I can rate our light equivalent to... 400W's are everyone's reference point.

As stated prior, the 400W discussion is closed and you have received a PM on the matter. Any further off-topic discussion of this nature will be deleted as I did once before. It's time to stop arguing over petty differences (2 ounces), and start focusing the attention BACK ON YOUR GROW. Thank you. ;)

Last edited:

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
way too much BS being slung and not enough proof for me..
when i can see a real side x side i'll come back and consider a purchase...

Considering most people yield between .5 and .7 grams per watt consistently with a 400W HID (including an experienced grower like Rumple at .7 grams per watt), our 126W is a comparable replacement for them. .5 grams per watt x 400W = 200grams, and .7 x 400W = 280g. So with her results (and she is not as good as a lot of the HID growers pulling 1gram per watt or higher) at 227 grams, do you really want to argue over semantics? What says one of these expert growers who does 1 gram per watt and higher with HID, couldn't do even better with our LED than she did? The PAR wattage between the two units is nearly identical, and when speaking about plants PAR is what lights are rated via. HID Manufacturers don't rate bulbs as "Will produce at least 1 pound of weed"...

So, to clarify, when your site states that the 126w model is equivalent to a 400w hps, that's in terms of grams-per-watt? I was under the impression that the claim was that a single 126w model would be able to give approximately the same yield as a 400w hps.

U

unthing

I think that leds are great, however 400 hps has roughly 110 and some PAR watts (source: Marijuana Horticulture) and leds nowadays have effiency around 20-40% from electricity to light, so 120 something watts of leds would equal 30-40 PAR watts at best. Having 120 PAR watts in 126 watt light would be groundbreaking..

I really really like leds and I think Ledgirls products are nice, just wish that marketing could be toned down a bit..Of course with all the unfair attacks the defensiveness goes up too.

Last edited:

LEDGirl

Veteran
So, to clarify, when your site states that the 126w model is equivalent to a 400w hps, that's in terms of grams-per-watt? I was under the impression that the claim was that a single 126w model would be able to give approximately the same yield as a 400w hps.

No, our products are not rated equivalent to a HID, simply because people are able to yield more grams per watt with them. It has to do with PAR data.

I think she's basing it on PAR watts... correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. I made another thread on this forum pointing out how we draw the equivalencies, etc...

I think that leds are great, however 400 hps has roughly 110 and some PAR watts (source: Marijuana Horticulture) and leds nowadays have effiency around 20-40% from electricity to light, so 120 something watts of leds would equal 30-40 PAR watts at best. Having 120 PAR watts in 126 watt light would be groundbreaking..

I really really like leds and I think Ledgirls products are nice, just wish that marketing could be toned down a bit..Of course with all the unfair attacks the defensiveness goes up too.

According to SunMaster, a 400W HPS has about 120-128 PAR watts, but the 110 you listed is fine. PAR is anything between 400-700nm, even though plants don't use the entire spectrum. So even though yellow/orange/green from a HPS is considered in the PAR range, marijuana uses little to none of this light for photosynthesis. While PAR is the most efficient lighting measurement for plants, it's still not as efficient as it could be (dealing with only the colors plants require).

As per your comment on LED's, our 1W's operate at anywhere from .8W to 1.2W depending on color. Red LED's for example, use about .8W, while the blues use 1.2W... When you combine the power consumption from the LED's on our 126W panel, it comes out to a little over 110W. All of this light is in the PAR range (not just PAR, but the points at which plants convert light into energy most efficiently), and therefore I'm a bit curious as to how you rated the light 3-4x less efficient... (20-40%), emitting only 30-40W of par, when they have 110W+ of light being produced in the most efficient parts of the PAR range.

And yes you are right, with me being attacked what seems like constantly, the defensiveness certainly goes up. If it wasn't for this and people picking apart our data over a 10% difference, there would be a lot less marketing going on... Thank you for being polite though ;)

Last edited:
U

unthing

I drop it for now. Keen to see irish's final results.

Last edited:
I

irishboy

all right guys here so trim pics i took a sunday. there are allot of pics so they might not all be in order.
i will pull them around this friday, it should be a week or more after that for them to dry.

every one leave the 400w HID thing alone because if this thread gets closed again i am done here and you wont be able to see the final weigh in. so lets keep it to our selfs no matter what we believe the 126w is equal to in HID terms..

trim_pics_019_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_018_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_017_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_013_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_011_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_006_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_008_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_003_600x449_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_005_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_009_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_010_600x4491.jpg

trim_pics_010_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_011_600x4491.jpg

trim_pics_012_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_008_600x4491.jpg

trim_pics_003_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_001_600x449.jpg

trim_pics_005_600x4491.jpg

HempiPukets

Great job Irish.

Have to say that these pictures look quite good even to the eyes of a sceptic - especially those 180w results are great. Waiting for the dry weights and g/w.

(If only the initial investment to LEDs would be lower. Then it would be financially reasonable to choose LEDs over CFLs or HIDs. I think LEDs can have an advantage in vegging as the energy savings run faster in vegging than when flowering.

At the moment the 126w LED is (total cost of ownership) a better choice than 200w of CFLs only after 28 months of vegging 18/6 - flowering just makes the payback time about 30% longer per month for every month used for flowering instead of vegging. Assumption made from the pictures of Irish above is that 126w LED is somewhat comparable to 200 watts of CFLs)

WizeWizo

Irish, I know that I made the point over on another forum, regardless of what claims were made about who's light would smash who's. The 126w was workin with far less wattage and if we go off the basis of 1g/watt then the 126w should weigh in about 2 oz less. If lets say the 180w produces 180g and the 126w produces 130 grams, to me it'd be clear that the 126w is a better light. I know you ran the test straight up, no training or anything, but you yourself said that the big plant under the 126w was some of the best med's you've ever grown and yet you wondered why??? Seems to me kinda obvious, as it was the one plant that was kept in a reasonable distance from the light source. I dunno, though, you did a good job, you grew nice plants thats for sure... Its just not a very fair test in my eyes, even though you were the lights can flower plants 42" tall or whatever the case might have been. In my eyes it would have been completely legit to train the one taller plant on the HGL side, to further that it even almost gave the 180w I believe a great advantage. Keep in mind this is just my opinion, and remember they are like a@@holes.... hehe

All that said, cant wait til the final weights are in still...

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.