What's new

LED FAQ) Building and DIY

Dion

ok so they r apparently AD binning- 1 step up from what digi has and $5 cheaper(aprox 400 extra lumens at 50w)
free shipping i assume?

again i love buying on the cheap but with chips id worry for our friends here getting shit
i have access to equipment to test but others dont and cree doesnt mark thier chips- like there is no way to know if they r real or not by looking at them

let us know how you are checking if they r real or not when u get urs

my wife will kill me if i buy any more but perhaps next year lol

REALSTYLES

ok so they r apparently AD binning- 1 step up from what digi has and $5 cheaper(aprox 400 extra lumens at 50w)
free shipping i assume?

again i love buying on the cheap but with chips id worry for our friends here getting shit
i have access to equipment to test but others dont and cree doesnt mark thier chips- like there is no way to know if they r real or not by looking at them

let us know how you are checking if they r real or not when u get urs

my wife will kill me if i buy any more but perhaps next year lol
They are real and has been confirm by SupraSPL and he's a led guru. He is one of many others who I have learned from. I have built 11 panels already in the last 5 months and 8 of them were within the last 2 months. It's genuine I've already gone through this before on RIU and that's why I said it got confirmed.

Dion

yeah cool i know supra's work he is on these forums as well i'd have to hear it from him though to be sure

and is the shipping free? (just wondering how much we would actually save for this risk)

you are using the 3090 yeah? 72v version?
what drivers u using?

REALSTYLES

yeah cool i know supra's work he is on these forums as well i'd have to hear it from him though to be sure

and is the shipping free? (just wondering how much we would actually save for this risk)

you are using the 3090 yeah? 72v version?
what drivers u using?
No it's $40 dhl when you buy 30 to 40 of them. super fast shipping and if you want to hear it from him send him a PM and he'll tell you and don't forget to mention my name.

Dion

No it's $40 dhl when you buy 30 to 40 of them. super fast shipping and if you want to hear it from him send him a PM and he'll tell you and don't forget to mention my name.

so its more expensive then digikey anyway...

and i assume u get a rebate when we mention your name?
and its def not the other company with almost the exact same name because that company got shut down for selling fakes?

sounds legit dude

( for all non native english speakers and just to be clear:i do not recommend you buy from this seller)

stick with mouser or digikey

REALSTYLES

so its more expensive then digikey anyway...

and i assume u get a rebate when we mention your name?
and its def not the other company with almost the exact same name because that company got shut down for selling fakes?

sounds legit dude

( for all non native english speakers and just to be clear:i do not recommend you buy from this seller)

stick with mouser or digikey
I don't get shit out of it. I'm just giving back to what has given to me. Dion please hit Supra up about me and now you are making me think you are full of shit and don't know crap. Can you tell me how to convert lux to Einsteins? You don't have a clue about me. My pics and videos will. By the way where's your videos of your lights in action? Ask Supra and you'll feel like a fool I'm bouncing out from this thread:hotbounce. You really don't have a clue. Good luck with your lights.

REALSTYLES

as for what version I'm using 72v and Meanwell HLG-185H-C700A. It's cool you are trying to educate people on here but you are making it confusing with all this scatter info just copy paste with no experience behind it. No disrespect where is how you put it together a panel on this thread? I'll have to start a thread on how to assemble a panel without confusing every one. I'll just copy the thread I made

Dion

i have nothing to prove-especially not to you cupcake
i didn't copy and past a thing in this thread other than the quotes i put in
the tute is in my sig
as far as lux to einsteins yes i am not a physisist but i do have google and i think you will find it better to compare these light in micromols per second per m2(PPFD) anyway or at least microeinsteins which is what i guess you ment but seen as the manufaturers only give us lumens thats what we r using
this is a thread for diy and building led questions- which so far i feel ppl are glad to be able to get answers to-so if you are leaving it and will stop trying to tell us all to buy chips from an un authorised seller who offers no actual savings only the promise of better parts then good especially seen as the only mention i can find on other sites is you selling them

good luck on your tutorial thread
dont let the door hit your ass

Last edited:

REALSTYLES

i have nothing to prove-especially not to you cupcake
i didn't copy and past a thing in this thread other than the quotes i put in
the tute is in my sig
as far as lux to einsteins yes i am not a physisist but i do have google and i think you will find it better to compare these light in micromols per second per m2(PPFD) anyway or at least microeinsteins which is what i guess you ment but seen as the manufaturers only give us lumens thats what we r using
this is a thread for diy and building led questions- which so far i feel ppl are glad to be able to get answers to-so if you are leaving it and will stop trying to tell us all to buy chips from an un authorised seller who offers no actual savings only the promise of better parts then good especially seen as the only mention i can find on other sites is you selling them

good luck on your tutorial thread
dont let the door hit your ass
The diy thread you have is copy paste as well and you even stated you copied pasted because of your dyslexia. You even stated that in post #8. You are just clueless

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgFpGy6HuZs[/YOUTUBEIF]

Dion

i dont wanna fight here its stupid i wanna help people build led growlights

on a side note if u can find anything at all wrong with the info ive provided in this thread ill happily never post again
as far as my lights- i updated pics in the tute- didnt know it was so important to "prove"myself lol

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

I actually find Dion very helpful. He seems to be pretty well informed about leds.

Idk why someone would come argue on someones thread, go start your own, dont ruin a perfectly good information thread lots of people can learn from.

For someone saying they were goimg to leave, he really didnt... At all.

Anyway thanks for the help dion, and if i cant buy that diy led because its on american amazon and im in canada, at least i can get that neosol from growers house

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
After doing some research yesterday, I thought about how to achieve the best price per lumen using dion's driver,
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wate...-supply-lighting-transformer/32265565611.html
and using his theory of one driver per cob.
I made a chart , for the cobs and drivers , and what it would take to get an approximate parity in lumens for a 1k hps aka 144k lumens. This has nothing to do with the heatsinks, and assorted hardware , just the expensive bits.

What I found might surprise you.
I chose the 3k / 80cri chips for the red spectrums robustness.
picture.php

The 2530 has the best $/lumen ratio , but @ 1.5A , its running to close to max to consider a legit contender.
The winner in this theoretical shootout would be the lowly 2540 coming in at .00267 $ per lumen .
If you were buying 20+ of these , Im sure the price / cob would drop as well.
As you can see , the crees are really close in brightness at this current with a spread of only 2k lumens.

This should illustrate why theres virtually no commercial grow led's available using the 3590's - Noones figured out how to drive them at a reasonable cost. In essence , the driver manufacturers cant keep up with the lighting suppliers, ie , Cree put the cart b4 the horse 2 years ago by making a a bleeding edge led that noone can use yet.

Realstyles has a great 3590 design , but hes running the cobs at 25% current (350ma). so even tho they look good and grow great pot for him , theyre really only twice as powerful (34-40k Lumens) as the marsII 900 (22000 Lumens) he took the hammer to, at about $450 more sheckles.

So , I will say what Dion did on his first page, if you are looking to build an equivalent light to your hps, you WILL spend 3-4 times as much using current led technology.

Dion

the cxa2540are a worthy underdog- i use them even compared with the cxbs they r cost-effective if cheap is what u chase( i do)

tnx for the xl nice work but the drivers will be cheaper-the more you order the cheaper the shipping-20 drivers will be 205(add it to your cart and u will see)

could u do L per dollar pls?

from what i can see realstyles is running his cobs in series so 700mA

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
the cxa2540are a worthy underdog- i use them even compared with the cxbs they r cost-effective if cheap is what u chase( i do)

tnx for the xl nice work but the drivers will be cheaper-the more you order the cheaper the shipping-20 drivers will be 205(add it to your cart and u will see)

could u do L per dollar pls?

from what i can see realstyles is running his cobs in series so 700mA

value is my goal

thanks for the discount

it is in dollars per l , 1k lumens 2.60 $ on the 2540

i stand corrected

I pose you a question, dion . if we ran 20 of these drivers , is that pulling 30 amps on a 120v circuit? for a single light ?

Last edited:

REALSTYLES

I had to come back after reading what Cocosativas said and Boyd. You say don't buy from Kingbrite but you are quick to refer someone to aliexpress to buy a cheap driver come on man. As for King brite not being an authorized Cree dealer I pay $51 for the kelvins and bins you can't get at digikey or mouser and this is for the CXB 3590's the CXA'a are now$38-$40 USD and as soon as more people are buying from them the cheaper the price will be and SupraSPL has bought from Jerry a bunch of times now. Not one person on RIU has never had issues. If you buy 10 or more Meanwell drivers from sager.com it's only $55.20 each for the HLG-185H-XXXX drivers. I've already bought 24 of them and 2 of them will kill you the HLG-185H-C500A's they are 400 volts which can kill if shocked.

Dion

the reason i recomend those drivers is because they have been tested
the chips cannot be( at least i dont have lab grade light equipment and the savings start only if buying more than 8 chips- which is pissing $ in the wind at current tech prices imo)
there are def a lot more options available(for a reasonable price) in the usa-if i had access to meanwells for that price id def consider series/parallel wiring-multi cobs off single driver although more likely series to avoid cooking chips if one goes out- even though the cost woudl be higher/more risk/harder to fix than driver per cob

@BC i could speculate ( 20 x .5= 10A they pull about .5A on a 120v ) but i dont know enough about electricity to answer ur question 100%- so ive asked another member who is an electrical engineer- lets see what he says

i forgot to mention i run the 2540s at 1.3A- another reason i like that seller on ali is he can adjust your driver to almost any current u want for free

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts