What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Closet

firetech89

Day 63

Day 63

sup ya'll,

It's been a fun run with these girls. They did really well for us and I can't wait to enjoy them! Well its the end of this run at day 63. I will have a long night tomorrow getting them all processed and drying.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

firetech89

veggin

veggin

So I haven't had the greatest success with my seedlings the last two tries. I thought i was looking good, however the wicking peat tray was keeping the medium too wet. I got in there before everything was lost. Went back to what I know that works and got the party cups out and really carefully transplanted the survivors. Numbers fell out of my favor, had 9/10 pop looked great, 9/9 broke the surface and where doing it, I only could keep 4/9 alive....dohh. :nono: Hopefully I manage to get lucky and score 2 females outta the 4 remaining. The GG4 clones look great. Nice rich green, rapid growth for floros... Its going to be a few days to get the bigger cab cleaned out and tweaked for these girlies.

picture.php

White Rhino - Nirvana

picture.php

White Rhino - Nirvana

picture.php

White Rhino seedlings- Nirvana, GG#4 Cut

KingSkillz

I pop my seeds in wet paper towels then seal them in a zip loc bag. Once they open I put them right into soil. Been working good so far.

Gargamell

Thank you sir. I've built probably 3 or 4 times and this is by far my best at making an air tight/light leak proof system. I built it using 1/2" hardwood ply, and 1x2 for an interior frame. The only part I didn't use 1x2 was around the doors. I went with 1x4 to give good surface area for the door to contact too. Used weather stripping for an added bonus. Correct on the insulation on the door, its not a snug fit to make it light or air proof, my door is fine for that. I wanted the added reflection, more so for the flower chamber then the veg but I like to keep everything uniform. Let me know if you need design help I'll pull out some old pics and notes. Can't wait to see your setup. Good luck mate!

Thanks for the info Firetech ,I'm hoping to get started on the cab this week. I've been held up one way or another but I want to get this cab sorted so I can go ahead and order the seeds. I'm going to get some AK48 as I've read that it's not a bad yielded but more importantly it s supposed to be a good strain for a beginner like myself . The cab will be 2'ft x 2'ft x 5'ft so to get a nice 62w per sq foot . I'm going to try a two plant scrog because everybody's saying that a 250w Hps is perfect for scrog so I'm going to give it a go. Been doing my homework now for about 3 months so all is left to do is get off my arse and do it ! . Any pics of your cabs door and hinge set up if you have any would be definitely appreciated.
Your grow that has just finished up looks amazing, if I can get a fraction of the success you have I'll be over the moon but I know it's my first grow so I have to stop myself from being too optimistic .
Anyway Thanks for the info and good luck in your latest journey !

Gar.

firetech89

Gar - I will get some shots of the door and hinge setup I'm using. You may not like how I keep it closed but what ever hardware you design in should work.

Hi Dion, I'm lucky I don't run any filter for ordor protection. I do have a simple filter on my intake duct just to keep the nasties out. I looked into those Cobs on Mauser's site 75 bucks a cob does that sound right. Also the 10 cob setup, is that overkill for a 2x3 canopy? Most of the gardens I've seen they are running 2 maybe 3 cobs? Where you gaining efficiency with more hardware running at lower power setting? I know I originally stated an open budget but may tune that down to the note of 500 USD. Thanks for the help mate. I would love to pull the trigger and order parts and get one built.

Dion

I looked into those Cobs on Mauser's site 75 bucks a cob does that sound right. Also the 10 cob setup, is that overkill for a 2x3 canopy? Most of the gardens I've seen they are running 2 maybe 3 cobs? Where you gaining efficiency with more hardware running at lower power setting?

mouser is super expensive and low bin

check out jerry in china alibaba seller google him

or http://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/product/cree-cxb-3590-3500k-cd/

or cutter but i dont recomend them

10 cob set up is high efficiency-its still 250w but yeah higher efficiency with more cobs at lower power

(eff just from memory not exact can check later if needed)
try 4 cxb3590 3500k on 1 hlg 240 1750(250w 53% eff very solid budget build with best parts- highly suggest it)
0r try 4 cxb3590 on 1 hlg 185 1400 driver(200w 56% eff)

or

6 cxb3590 3500K CD bin( 1 per sq ft)
run on a HLG-240H-C1050
213 watts of 61%

you will still need heatsinks and holders like

http://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/product/ideal-chip-lok-3590-holder/

and some screws and thermal grease and stuff

u could just get

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut2900

Dion

Is there any down fall from this option or short comings? Only asking because Pacfic... is back ordered and out of stock of cobs and holders. The kit from cutter is withing my price range.

Oops cutter is backordered as well. Looks like everyone is after the same hardware lol. Well golly what am I to do now pff.

as much as i hate cutter(personal issue with the owners-long story)

there is nothing wrong with this kit-its pretty decent value too and all the bits being there takes out the guess work

that driver can run 5 cobs so i suggest you take an extra one
(assuming a 60x120cm space)

If you take the 3500k CD bin you would have around 800ppfd running at about 250w (running 5)this is a fantastic option and woudl cost you 552.54 USD before shipping
with only 4 (200w) the ppfd is a bit low i reckon, 650ppfd

you could go experimental and take a mix with the 90cri 3000k(more reds) and the 6500k or 5000k if u wanna dicuss that we can

passive cooling saves watts too ya know?
and that adds whole percents to ur system efficiency

so id say get it, it will ship on the 15th and be at ur doorstep by the 20th

firetech89

Dion - first off thank you for helping me build up a material list, even with the reading I've done I feel like I would be stabbing into the dark.
So in your opinion what would should I experiment with for the addition of a 5th?

firetech89

Harvest Day

Harvest Day

So I found the time this afternoon to take the girls down. Took a few hours to rough cut them up. I just took the fan leafs and bigger leafs poking through the buds. The smell incrediable, sticky sticky sticky. There is 140 paper clips so hoping if I average and say 2g per paper clip should get in close to 1g/w. Sorry bout the messy backyard and garage. I've been staying at my chick's pad and they're not the most motivated bunch. Been working o areas one at a time. Well I'm stoked looks like a good pull.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dion

Dion - first off thank you for helping me build up a material list, even with the reading I've done I feel like I would be stabbing into the dark.
So in your opinion what would should I experiment with for the addition of a 5th?

just get 5 of the 3500K

sometimes ppl have adies about mixing 3000k and 5000k etc so i babysit

firetech89

Pulled the trigger

Pulled the trigger

OK thanks to all the great members and research and info from said research, Dion, I able to join in on the fun of COB led lighting. Can't wait to get it. This is what I have ordered

KingSkillz

Just now hearing about this type of light. Just spent 3 weeks researching CMH lamps. This stuff looks interesting.

firetech89

how many watts does that unit come out to fire?

Looks nice.

Thank you Frog, it states that it warms up with 219w and settles in at 217w. My canopy is 2x3 so it's going to be right around 36w/Sq ft a little under what's desired. Imy hoping on better results being able to have 5 sources of light rather then one. The current 250w HPS didn't give the greatest foot print.

firetech89

Been MIA - when it rains it pours

Been MIA - when it rains it pours

Hi everybody,

It's been a while, about a month I've been MIA. The last few weeks for my family an me have been up and down. Work has been blowing up consuming most of my time, bought a new truck, and a family member lost the fight and has passed. Pretty up and down. In the midst of all that I have giving the girls time but nowhere near the time I should have been spending. So the harvest was good. The closest homegrown I've done that's near but 1 hit wonder. One bowl sends me flying for a good 3 - 4 hours. The GG4 taste a little sour, not alot, and has a great pine scent. It's some dank shit all my boys have been saying. Didn't weight it out its all personals would of like to have a benchmark though to gage future flips. Well if I was to guess I would say in the neighbor hood of 5-6Oz. Filled two 1 gallon jars and some. Have a good amount of larf to make some butter with, if I can stink up the pad. Other then that the clones and seedling felt my neglect and I missed watering. They're still kicking but just lost some time in veg. Well here's some shots

Latest posts

Latest posts