What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Closet

firetech89

seed machine

seed machine

Hi guys,

So while trolling around the good ol ICmag I ran across the seed machine. For 25 bucks, and myself being one of those paper towel guys and have had moldy seeds before, decided to give it a whirl. DS mad cred this thing worked super well! I got 50% 5/10 popped withing the first 12 hrs. Check the rest tomorrow. Everything was found at wal**** for under 25 bucks and gave mad results. I decided to cross my current mom with some white widow. I had to MacGyver a sanding device that's the emery board in the top of the seed pack. A couple of weeks till the cab clears out for that show to start. For now we will get them big and strong and ready for their time to shine. Okay enough of the tell, here's the show

Thanks again for this awesome Lil machine it WORKS!!!

Dion

I got up really early this morning and hacked down the girls outside.They we not full or ripened all the way, but the photocycle has changed too much they will revert if left going. Trimmed them all up. What's there is dense sweet piney smelling buds. I didn't mess with the root balls yet will get a pic of them later.

Bud Mobile

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66126&pictureid=1582863&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66126&pictureid=1582864&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

:tiphat:

Roor22

I got up really early this morning and hacked down the girls outside.They we not full or ripened all the way, but the photocycle has changed too much they will revert if left going. Trimmed them all up. What's there is dense sweet piney smelling buds. I didn't mess with the root balls yet will get a pic of them later.

Bud Mobile

Do you mean reveg not revert?

Last edited:

Roor22

Reveg/revert to vegatatuve growth... yes that is what m:biggrin:ent

My friend told me once that my outdoor would reveg cause the days are getting longer and not shorter and I told him he's high as fuck, unless you have 18+ hours of light or the light hours increase by hours a day most likely your plants won't reveg. I heard in the right conditions like to much nitrogen and light at the end of harvest will reveg too. So just feed it no nitrogen or none at all

firetech89

I still have one going outside so it will be interesting to see. I'm on Lat 37/38 so days don't get super long maybe 15-16max

firetech89

Smoke Report

Smoke Report

Hey guys,

So the early cut first round mess ups pulled though. They made some good smoke. Sweet piney, not heady at all, releaves after work discomforts. Not the couch lock OHW we want, room to improve. Didn't manicure it 100% it's just home smoke. Jar was half full late on pictures, I'd say 3oz. Well here she is.

Things lernt*

When using party cups for small plants make sure to have opening that move up the cup wall just not a few holes pricked in the bottom. - overwater, waterlogged

When using LEDs, or HIDs make sure your lamp is far enough off the canopy. - over saturation

I guess once a plant is in full blown flower it won't go back into veg unless trigger by high N feeds, multiple hours of photo period increase per day, or 18+ hours of light. - let them run their full cycle, aka patience is a virtue; this is new to me, I have one still in flower outside while the photo period continues to increase daily, not by hours though... can't wait to see what happens.

firetech89

Day 49

Day 49

So it's day 49, end of the 7th week. I mixed up the cabs last batch of nutes early this morning. Let it sit with the airstone all afternoon. I flushed them with stright distilled water till run off was around 600-900 then hit them with nutes. The buds are starting to swell, from what I have been reading gg4 waits till week 7/8 to pack on, so I'm right there. With the added swellin comes weight and the bigger buds on little stems are leaning on the stronger neighbors. The smell - OK I'm immune to it, my girl(non smoker) says it doesn't smell, her pops says it does, and a few mornings ago while walking to my truck the neighbor two houses down gave me thumbs up and said he wants to try the skunk...ha. don't fret my block is safe no need for a filter scrubber.
Well got a few weeks to go, let's keep the smooth sailing going.

firetech89

Das vegger

Das vegger

My first round of seeds didn't make it. Couldn't have been anymore my fault then anything. Bad timing and planing on my part. They popped in the seed machine two days before I went out of town for a few days and I came home to ultra light bone dry cubes. Only two out of the 5 I transfered from " the machine" breached the surface and didn't even flip up right. Split one cube to see the damage and right below grade it shrunk as if a rubber band was wrapped around it... DOH Fail! Well I didn't have any more white widow beans so staying with my original plans of white gorilla, aka home made Silverback GG... I have some white rhino seed I have started. Will keep these ones alive. The two prime clones that were selected also suffered but not bad. My absence allowed for some unwanted stretching. One clone is slated for the flower cab with the WR beans, while the second one will get trained in the arts of Bonsai lol. Mini mom. Only one shot here..

firetech89

OK OK OK, so I'm kinda buzzed tonight, but what ev, good spirts.. any who I'm prepping and brain storming my summer outdoor run. I have my line up already planned, they're in a separate bag from the bulk of my seed stash, will post up a actual line up tomorrow we I remeber... but it's going to be 3 indica dom. and 3 sativa dom. I have a decent plot in my back yard for them not prime but they will be outta sight outta question for guest. My big questions for y'all is medium and nutes. Shame on me but all years prior have been done with Miracle Grow veg in Miracle-Gro bloom I have had monster and get smelling and tasting buds using it just flush the ship outta them. Well I want to reform and try new things, always room to improve... I'm pondering running pots over holes in the ground due to height limits this year, also I really would WANT a water only organic soil mix in smart pots. That's what I'm aiming for. So please shout outs on soil mixtures and if smart pots (say 6 15gal, to keeping them under a 7/8 foot fence) are a good idea and any pointers.

Notes
Ground soil - all is unknown haven't grown sit I the ground dirt

Water - tap is around 400-600 EC

firetech89

Hey everyone

I mentioned last night I'd get the line up posted. I have picked out

Zamaldelica fem. - ACE

2x Mystery fems. - ACE

Mater Kush reg. - NIRVANA

Super Skunk reg. - NIRVANA

The Purps fem. - BCBD

Also give you guys a look at the plot. Plan on cleaning it up in a weekend or two. I'll probably start the seeds shortly after the first of the month. Still looking for help on a good water only organic Pro mix. There is so many different variations of mixes in the forums. Just looking to go simple. Thanks for stopping by.

firetech89

Hi Guys,

The cab is doing well. Not the biggest baddest buds i was hoping to see. They did swell a little over the week, hopefully i can get a little more in the next week. The glads have gone from clear to frosty white, waiting to see some start to amber up. Its getting close. The clones next door are kicking butt, they will need to get transplanted, right after the flower cab empties. I may end up flower both clones and cut take cuts off them before sending them to flower out. keeping it alive. Question does taking a cut, from a cut, from a cut and so on break down any traits. Or does it stay true to a "pure clone" regardless of how many copies you have made. The White Rhino seeds are doing great, got them chillin under the floros. I'm really digging the wick seedling system i found at the depot. Letting them build up a good root system over the next few weeks while the others finish, transplant them and send them to flower. Seed making lies ahead.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just a little plug for myself, got a thread going in the organics thread. Got my outdoors starting.

Dion, if you're out there. looked into those Cobs on mauser, 74 bucks a pop is that sounding right, Im up for the 10 cob setup but is that too much for a 2x3 canopy? Or our we gaining eff by using more cobs at a dimmed setting covering more canopy? Also ten cobs in the mix has me redesigning the "ducted sink" May have to set up two rows of 5 and merge the ducts. Still want to look into pricing and get a total on all parts see if i can swing it.

- peace

Gargamell

Hi, your set up is exactly what I'd like for myself .I've just registered here and I'm about to build my first 250w Hps cab. In fact it was one of your posts in the 250w Club's thread that brought me here to this thread .I'm hoping to copy your method of light proofing the door. Did you fit extra pieces of wood around the door opening? Also is there a large square piece attached to the door that sits snugly inside the door opening when fully closed ?
The whole grow looks great , keep up the good work !

firetech89

Hi, your set up is exactly what I'd like for myself .I've just registered here and I'm about to build my first 250w Hps cab. In fact it was one of your posts in the 250w Club's thread that brought me here to this thread .I'm hoping to copy your method of light proofing the door. Did you fit extra pieces of wood around the door opening? Also is there a large square piece attached to the door that sits snugly inside the door opening when fully closed ?
The whole grow looks great , keep up the good work !

Thank you sir. I've built probably 3 or 4 times and this is by far my best at making an air tight/light leak proof system. I built it using 1/2" hardwood ply, and 1x2 for an interior frame. The only part I didn't use 1x2 was around the doors. I went with 1x4 to give good surface area for the door to contact too. Used weather stripping for an added bonus. Correct on the insulation on the door, its not a snug fit to make it light or air proof, my door is fine for that. I wanted the added reflection, more so for the flower chamber then the veg but I like to keep everything uniform. Let me know if you need design help I'll pull out some old pics and notes. Can't wait to see your setup. Good luck mate!

firetech89

i think they looking great Fire, don't you worry.

Thank you sir, I think they're bout done, just waiting to see 20% amber up and wackin em. It's all personals so they don't have to be the biggest, as long as that gets me and pops through the next run happily they have done there job.