What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Closet

firetech89

Small update. It's the end of week 4 of veg. The screen has filled in really nice. Dialed back the timer and last night was there first day of 12/12. Hopefully in two weeks we'll see some nice preflowers starting.

Comparison shots from week 3 to week 4

firetech89

A little show and tell
At the end of the 1st week of flower. I have been using some coconut water/ water mixture as a foliar and they seem to be liking it. They stretched a bit over the week. Getting to see preflowers everywhere. The clone I had sent aside to keep got way to big so took cuts and moved her outside.

firetech89

Looks great, you flipped them at just the right time.

How many watts of LED?

Nice work

Thank you sir, I originaly two California lightworks 220 solorflares in the cab for the first set of clones. I believe it they were to close and over saturated them so I started over with a fresh batch. With the new set I went back to MH at 250 watts, I will be changing to hps and week 3-3.5 and I'm tinkling about added one LED back into the can around week 4-5 to help penetrate the canopy better. Any ideas or 2 cents if that sounds solid?

firetech89

Hey guys n gals,

So i have changed up the chemistry in the garden. The other day while inspecting the girls I noticed they have started consuming more water per week. I had been hand feeding them at the start of each week (Sunday night). They were getting about a half gallon each and that was it. By Thursday they would be noticeably drier, and would breath till Sunday. This week by Wednesday they were close to bone dry showing no sign of "praying" (orientating themselves). They wanted water lol. I took the chance between weekly feeds to do a flush. I was curious of testing my run off so thats what i did. i started with distilled water sightly above standard Ph. right at 7. My first reaction to what my meter reading was telling me was how are these thing not dead. My meter EC was maxed at >2000 ppm and was showing a Ph of around 4.7 I'm still curious of how they look so good and are exploding with growth with such a high amount of unbalanced nutrients in the medium. Kept flushing till the run off was around EC 800 and 5.7 Ph. I have stopped using the coco water/water foliar due to lil buds starting to form.
I want to keep doing a weekly flush in between feeds. I have discontinued the use of my tap water and picked up a 5 gal jug of distilled water just so i can control the water chemistry a little easier. like always any advice or $0.02 would be appreciated.

sorry no pictures this week, have ran out of space and trying to get my post count up to gain more upload space...

Levitationofme

I like this thread

I like this thread

I have a 2x2x5 stealth box myself.
Although it may seem limiting, I have found that with in limits
there are still an infinite possibilities.

I have had my best luck growing in my current set up.

First worthwhile harvest this week.

Im growing in pure coco with Nectar for the Gods nutrients.
co2 enhancement, 240 BD LED.

I think I learned that I planted too many plants and types for me to manage.

After my first run im thinking one plant could produce more then enough.

2 to 3 would be good as well. Insurance if one has issues I cant resolve.

I am planning on a second Box, it would be nice to have a home for a Mother if I come across a plant I love.

Ultimate plan:
Other then ruling the world of course

Move to a Pot friendly state and retire, growing awesome weed
for fun.

firetech89

Good Evening, so here are the pictures from last week. They have stopped stretching and on their way. Clones are looking good, a few have shown signs of yellowing i know roots are a day or so away. :biggrin:

firetech89

Looking fantastic, firetech.

Thanks Frog. I can't wait, but it's totally a waiting game at this point. At least they are nicer to look at rather then leaf and stem.

Question for the hydro guys, I would like to do the next run hydroponicly. I'm think about some kind of hybrid DWC/ top feed line system. I think my biggest issue is ease of water changes. I drew up a plan of attack want to know what ya'll think.

picture.php

firetech89

Day 22

Day 22

Good evening Friends,

So its day 22 and girls are looking awesome. The First note is the they made it over the 4 day vacation i had over the weekend. I was super stoked when i first opened the cab door and saw everything was A-Okay. I did find two leafs showing me something going on. the came from the below the screen in the hinged corner of the cab (front right plant). The amount of early sugar on theses bad girls is encouraging for a frosty batch. Update on the cuts, they're now clones they all have rooted over the weekend. They took about 14 days, 100% rooted.

firetech89

Whats going on here

Whats going on here

Here's the two sore thumbs in the garden. Everything else looks great just these two lower leafs on one plant. Any insight on whats happening would be great. Thanks ya'll

firetech89

Okay, a day late but here it is as promised. The Cab garden is doing great. Today is day 34 just finishing out week 5 of flower. I have continued to use distilled water after finding the high concentration of build up in the medium. For the last two weeks I have kept up with the 1 feed 1 flush per week. They seem to be enjoying it. The stretch did great, everything filled in the space nicely. Looking like about 45-50 tops. Hopefully the bud sets fill in together and make some hefty nugs. The newest edition in the cab is a small 2 speed fan. I have mounted it on the lid of the cab blowing just the air pocket between the lamp and the canopy. The canopy now feels cooler right under the lamp. Next door in the veger the two strongest clones were used by myself one to save and one for the next cab cycle ( going to pollinate the next cab run, i wanna try indoor seed making, still undecided on a male, i have a bunch of seeds right now to choose from.) Well here they are :biggrin:

firetech89

For those that were here from the start and saw the first batch, this was what they gave me. They are flushed to the max, think they sucked every thing they had out of themselves. Not much an ounce or two, but should be good tasting sweet smoke. The GG sugga leaves look like some promising hash material. They're coming down this weekend.

firetech89

Bud mobile

Bud mobile

I got up really early this morning and hacked down the girls outside.They we not full or ripened all the way, but the photocycle has changed too much they will revert if left going. Trimmed them all up. What's there is dense sweet piney smelling buds. I didn't mess with the root balls yet will get a pic of them later.

Bud Mobile

Latest posts

Latest posts