What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
My Ducksfoot Lebanese (horizontal) Cola detail... really tiny delicate flowers, sugar leaves reminds me of Greek Basil:

picture.php

Damned grasshoppers... the little f*cker seems to be posing! :laughing:

CloseUp:

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: Burro Johnson! She flowers as a collection of foxtails, tiny (3mm) ovaries and sugar leaves... lime-green "ducksfoot" fan leaves (plant grown from regular seed), darker green flowers.

Really unique pheno/plant, I wouldn't have spotted her in the wild in vegging, doesn't look like weed. Doesn't look like anything else I have ever grown in fact.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Repuk, beautiful plants my friend. Vibrant, healthy herbal art. Peace

Theorganicguy

My Ducksfoot Lebanese (horizontal) Cola detail... really tiny delicate flowers, sugar leaves reminds me of Greek Basil:

This kind of foxtailed bud structure would make for amazing extractions. Both dry sift and rosin. No wonder she was choosen as the starting material for lebanese hash. Her calyces have the whole surface exposed to the air, thus making the separation and retrieval of the thrichomes a lot easier. She truly has it all: concentrate friendly bud shape, mango and sour wood terpenes, balanced cannabinoid content, early flowering and drought resistance. Looks like I know what I'll be running next summer:biggrin:

Kudos to all the growers posting their work and hats off to Dubi and Ace Seeds!

Greetings
:tiphat:

-Theo

brickweeder

This kind of foxtailed bud structure would make for amazing extractions. Both dry sift and rosin. No wonder she was choosen as the starting material for lebanese hash. Her calyces have the whole surface exposed to the air, thus making the separation and retrieval of the thrichomes a lot easier. She truly has it all: concentrate friendly bud shape, mango and sour wood terpenes, balanced cannabinoid content, early flowering and drought resistance. Looks like I know what I'll be running next summer

-Theo
I have a new perspective of foxtails now, thanks for posting this.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I've noticed a notable decay on her fan leaves today, more yellowish, is this expected as she enters the late flowering stage and it is just how she flowers, or should I feed?

She should be finishing by end of Sept, 4 weeks to go theoretically?

Top (wide mouth bottle, around 4cm 1 1/2" diameter):
picture.php

Skirt:
picture.php

Bear in mind this was taken under midday really hard light, will try to get pics under shadow or not direct light. But this was apparent to me even under the twilight yesterday.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-2 update

9-2 update

Hello all,
I wanted to share a couple pictures this morning.

Lebanese #1

Lebanese #2

Lebanese x Erdpurt.
I'm out of nutrients that I've been feeding the girls. The leaves are turning yellow quickly as the plant consumes itself. I need at least one more gallon of Fish & Seaweed by Neptune's.
I'm thinking next season will be heavy in Lebanese and crosses of the Lebanese. Along with some more of the Ace Auto's.

These have been some, if not the most enjoyable plants I've ever grown out. Dubi I don't even know where to start my gratitude.
Thank you so much for these genetics. I know your busy, but I would love to have a breeders pack of these genetics. God Bless you my friend, these are pure joy! Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Yep... I was also thinking the pot is way oversized for her size, it couldn't be lack of nutrients, just that this Pheno is like that I bet.

See comparison size all of them have 200L/50gal smartpots: Front Left Lebanese (1,90m/6,2' I bet), Right Ethiopian around 3,5m/11,5', Bottom Left Honduras, around 3,10m/10'.

picture.php

All of them were sowed and raised the same. Farmerlion ones seem more in line with the rest...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I've noticed a notable decay on her fan leaves today, more yellowish, is this expected as she enters the late flowering stage and it is just how she flowers, or should I feed?

View Image

Skirt:
View Image

Bear in mind this was taken under midday really hard light, will try to get pics under shadow or not direct light. But this was apparent to me even under the twilight yesterday.

Hi repuk,

Yes, like with all cannabis strains they will gradually start to lose the main leaves when reaching the end of the flowering (unless you are forcing the feeding with excessive nitrogen, which makes plants look prettier at the end, but it's not helpful to have a healthier smoke).

Not sure from here what could have produced the yellowing and
the stop of reflowerings in your lebanese.... in our main outdoor testing with the lebanese last year they continued producing reflowerings through September, although you are in a southern latitude than us, so your lebanese should ripe faster there, early maturation can also be induced by nutrient lockout, ph's umbalance or due to stress due to plagues.

Anyway, looks like you are close to the end with your lebanese ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This kind of foxtailed bud structure would make for amazing extractions. Both dry sift and rosin. No wonder she was choosen as the starting material for lebanese hash. Her calyces have the whole surface exposed to the air, thus making the separation and retrieval of the thrichomes a lot easier. She truly has it all: concentrate friendly bud shape, mango and sour wood terpenes, balanced cannabinoid content, early flowering and drought resistance. Looks like I know what I'll be running next summer:biggrin:

Kudos to all the growers posting their work and hats off to Dubi and Ace Seeds!

Greetings

-Theo

Hi Theo,

Your point of view regarding the lebanese's flowering structure is very interesting and maybe you are right and the line was intentionally selected for this kind of flowering structure, so the trichomes can be filtered (dry sift method) in an easier way after harvest to produce hash .... lebanese strains are traditionally grown in Lebanon mainly for hash production. They grow in an arid climate and the flowering happens there also during the dry summer season, so it's not a strain that has been selected to be very mold resistant, so a denser flowering structure would make the strain more sensible against possible molds and infections.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: dubi!

I noticed this also after the two worst days heat-wise. Temps have suddenly lowered by 10C today (30C) and that's the forecast for the week, so they should be happy.

Not experienced outdoors, but I think she's fine and is just the way she is.

I haven't fed none of the outdoors with anything apart from leonardite, or the added bat guano. Buds have a lovely green hue...

Mold is not common here, this plant however should be really mold resistant thanks to the bud structure and tiny ovaries.

A backlight shot in mid-flower (Aug 11st):

picture.php

Each bud start as a foxtail, in early flower all of them start as "cilinders" paralel to main stem that evolve; as flowering goes on, the bud/foxtail "group" tip moves, pointing outwards, and the base widens, taking conical shapes in late flower. Like a "collection of tiny Xmas trees"

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello all,
I wanted to share a couple pictures this morning.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1880636&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Lebanese #1
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1880637&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Lebanese #2
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1880638&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Lebanese x Erdpurt.
I'm out of nutrients that I've been feeding the girls. The leaves are turning yellow quickly as the plant consumes itself. I need at least one more gallon of Fish & Seaweed by Neptune's.
I'm thinking next season will be heavy in Lebanese and crosses of the Lebanese. Along with some more of the Ace Auto's.

These have been some, if not the most enjoyable plants I've ever grown out. Dubi I don't even know where to start my gratitude.
Thank you so much for these genetics. I know your busy, but I would love to have a breeders pack of these genetics. God Bless you my friend, these are pure joy! Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

Hi friend :tiphat:

I was thinking how were doing your lebaneses and you came out with such a lovely update! :thank you:

Thanks to you dear, i'm also enjoying like a kid admiring the progresses of your lebaneses :D Lebanese 1 is doing really nice, but my Goddess! The second one is producing really amazing colas!

I would try to get fertilizers again as soon as possible. Although this lebanese strain doesn't need very high levels of nutrients, your 2 females are in a very important flowering stage, when they need the higher amounts of nutrients in the whole cycle.

Very happy to see the Lebanese x ErdPurt also catching up ;)
Hugs!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Yes, like with all cannabis strains they will gradually start to lose the main leaves when reaching the end of the flowering (unless you are forcing the feeding with excessive nitrogen, which makes plants look prettier at the end, but it's not helpful to have a healthier smoke).

Not sure from here what could have produced the yellowing and
the stop of reflowerings in your lebanese.... in our main outdoor testing with the lebanese last year they continued producing reflowerings through September, although you are in a southern latitude than us, so your lebanese should ripe faster there, early maturation can also be induced by nutrient lockout, ph's umbalance or due to stress due to plagues.

Anyway, looks like you are close to the end with your lebanese ;)

Funny... I've been saying that for years (and recently in a thread here at IC about early maturation) but some peeps think they know better and that a lack of nutrients and stresses wont cause early maturation.

Thank you Dubi.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

View Image

Skirt:
View Image

Mg bruddah!

Those gals are more than likely suffering a Mg shortage.
A mid day epsom foliar will let you know nearly immediately.
If it's a Mg deficiency the plants will green up within a few hours.
Mg is to chlorophyll as Fe is to hemoglobin. The only difference is the Mg and Fe otherwise they are the same exact molecule (structure/shape and all).

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
mmm... I switched to using RO, so could it perfectly be! will test, thanks MJPassion!

My first thought when I noticed this on her was like if it was sunburnt... similar looks, and leaves touch (brittler than usual).

OregonBorn

I have found that Lebanese Red will flower and mature very early here in the PNW (in mid to late bloom about now). They will naturally defoliate the fan leaves in mid bloom as well. People think that they are starved for nutes or whatever, but no amount of ferts will revert the fan leaf defoliation process. It is the same in Lebanon, where they stop watering early and the fan leaves all turn yellow and fall off leaving long colas with some sugar leaves. Some people think that the growers in Lebanon manually pluck acres and acres of fan leaves seeing photos and videos of Leb Red in the fields there, but that is not the case.

As for any intentional selection for flower structure, bloom times, etc. in Lebanon? I have it from some Lebanese buddies that I went to college with who say that simply is not the case. They do not select males or females with specific traits for future planting. They sift the dry plants as a lot when making hashish, and they store the sifted seeds for future planting. They sow the seeds out in the fields in the following spring, and the next generation germinates. It is all very large scale, and has been that way for at least a century there. The plants are allowed to breed and mature on a large scale all on their own and that sift/hash making process has resulted in the landrace that exists in the Bekka Valley today.