What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks dugzy! Definitely, really unique traits... kind of "Martian" pheno :biggrin:

Ducksfoot leaves from seed, basil-like sugar leaves, foxtailing from top to bottom, and now this purpling... a beauty.

Have tasted "red leb hash" (easily available around, plus "paki" or pakistani black), though I rarely/never do commercial hash as invariably sends me into disphoria.

Unless they overripe (or more probable, cut it), I doubt is coming from a sativa, which is a rare trend in Southern Spain (not in Canary Islands, where I grew up, where Sativas are/were the trend...)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-18 update

9-18 update

Hello my friends, Here is a few pictures of my Lebanese plants.

This is plant #2 from each side. The pistils have died back and I don't see any new pistils forming. I may harvest this plant today or at least this week. The weather has been very cool and overcast here about the last two weeks. 60's during the day and into the 40's at night. I have had only a small dairy heater going at night and now today.
I could start a larger propane heater. This would make the environment better, but I'm looking for genetics that can hold their own in my greenhouse without any help. The Auto's and Lebanese genetics are doing great here. I still have great interest in many other genetics. To refine and better understand what a North Dakota natural environment can do. I will dive deeper into Ace's Auto's and Lebanese. I will also be adding Nanda Devi and Mazar I Sharif next season. I have many seeds from the Lebanese x Auto Malawi f4 cross I did this season. I had a Blueberry male and the Lebanese #2 together. While the pods are swollen, I haven't squeezed and yet to check for seeds. I will verify before I harvest that plant.
If it is seeded I will give her another two weeks to mature seeds.

This is the Lebanese #1 She still has a bunch of white pistils. Only a small amount have started dying back. There is more forming from another flowering. I do have my heater close to this plant. While some of the leaves are yellowing now. I'm not going to give her another feeding. She can deplete what's in the soil. I'm going to take her down at the beginning of October unless the weather warms up here. I will let her go then accordingly.
The balance of the plants are farther behind in flowering. While many are 9-10 week flowering times. If the flowering doesn't start until the last week in August. They may as well be a 16 to 20 week flowering sativa. So I've learned flowering onset time is more important here than actual flowering time.
I'm in no way disappointed, In the last few years I've learned so much about growing outside here. While we move ever closer to a legal recreational market. I have gained so much knowledge that will help me to do a better job for the people of North Dakota.
In time I hope to have a large greenhouse with geothermal floor heat. I have an immense library of genetics that will flourish in that environment. Flowering onset won't be an issue and I have all winter to let them finish.
I didn't take a picture of the Lebanese x Erdpurt. She is hard into flowering and gaining weight. She was started a few weeks behind the other plants. She is holding her own very well. I look forward to having her again next season.

Have a great week my friends. Sorry to get a little off topic of just showing some great Lebanese genetics. I truly wasted my time having so many Cheeses in my line up this season. But that's why I called my thread learning experiments.
Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

Farmerlion so great the legal status of your state moves toward coherency. Your Lebanese are incredibly thick and healthy and taking into account the very low temperatures you are dealing with , even more incredible results. So well adapted for an arid-Mediterranean landrace. Amazing genetic... In Europe we still have a long road to wander before being able to legally do any similar project to the one you are planning...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Come on! Those are cactus! :bigeye: incredible!

I would love to see that magical moment! When you decide to flourish all those genetics with geothermal… seen a documentary of Banana growing in geothermal greenhouses in Iceland I think, and they grew like in Canary Islands!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Repuk, I have come to the conclusion that Geothermal energy is the most efficient and kind way to grow cannabis here. My friend heated his home for $36 a month during the winter. Cost even less to cool during the summer. Then no strain would be out of my environmental capabilities. Peace. MedDakotabis

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Apart from heat, how would you grow in winter? Supplementing day hours with artificial lights?

Heh… cooling in summer would be 10x as much on power bill over here...

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Repuk, to start with I would run all auto flowering. Then in summer I could run a wider variety of genetics and finish into November if needed. Start auto's during harvest with some supplemental lighting. We actually have pretty sunny days during winter. The shorter days may speed up flowering onset a little.

If there is a plant count restriction. I'm thinking a community grow operation. Everyone would get 5 to 10 bags, choose feminized genetics. I would grow plants out for them in facility and call them to harvest. Giving them instructions on curing and drying. Charge say $200 per customer, then they just collect bud a few months later.
People get meds without the work and learning curve. Just a thought, many details to work through.
This isn't the get rich method of growing. If I'm only concerned about money, will I really help anyone? With security and numerous regulations almost a certainty. This seemed a plausible course of action. Do you have any thoughts on this? I'm open to ideas.
Have a great day my friend.
Peace. MedDakotabis

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
farmerlion said:
If there is a plant count restriction. I'm thinking a community grow operation. Everyone would get 5 to 10 bags, choose feminized genetics. I would grow plants out for them in facility and call them to harvest. Giving them instructions on curing and drying. Charge say $200 per customer, then they just collect bud a few months later.
People get meds without the work and learning curve. Just a thought, many details to work through.

I think it's a great idea! :yes:

If I understood it well, if I were a customer I'd choose some fem beans (have thought about cuts?), get instructed / supervised on how to sow them, then be called back at harvest to do so on my own. Niiice!

Let me think about it... :tiphat:

This strain looks fantastic, Dubi!!!

If only it were more mold resistant.

Still... I know how to cheat the mold demon of it's gross, greedy and rotten cuts.

Might have to try this!!!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lebanese
picture.php

Lebanese top cola
picture.php

Detail
picture.php

Looking close to done?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Pollenating Lebanese with Bucksaw Electric pollen
View Image

Sister of the pollen donor
View Image

Here is another Leb
Im beginning to smell some wonderful Terpene profiles. Very exotic, to say the least
View Image
Leb

Hi Dr. Purpur,

The 'Bucksaw Electric' sativa is a true a beauty! :)
I'm following your progresses with her with lots of interest.
Glad you pollinated a lebanese female with its pollen.
How are your lebanese evolving in flowering ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
As for any intentional selection for flower structure, bloom times, etc. in Lebanon? I have it from some Lebanese buddies that I went to college with who say that simply is not the case. They do not select males or females with specific traits for future planting. They sift the dry plants as a lot when making hashish, and they store the sifted seeds for future planting. They sow the seeds out in the fields in the following spring, and the next generation germinates. It is all very large scale, and has been that way for at least a century there. The plants are allowed to breed and mature on a large scale all on their own and that sift/hash making process has resulted in the landrace that exists in the Bekka Valley today.

Hi OregonBorn,

True! That explains why several chemotypes can be found in lebanese lines, because they are grown and processed on a big scale to make hash, and most probably seeds for next season are not selected from specific females with a specific chemotype, rather many pollinated females are mixed and processed all together, so the seeds come from many many different females.

Thanks for joining the thread with your first hand experiences with your own lebanese line, congrats for preserving her for 20 years! Is your line suffering any kind of inbreeding problem after so many years away from big scale growing in Lebanon?

Feel free to post pics of your lebanese line if you wish! :)
Always eager to learn more!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wish I had a good camera like you guys.

These Lebs have been seriously neglected,as we have had to be away a good deal of the season.I have 2 going outdoors,and both are lacking good size because we weren't able to get them out early enough.I had so wished for a male or some pollen so that I could get some additional seed,but alas,no such luck.Hopefully next time.

One of the Lebs has shown leaf dieback at the top of the plant from the onset,although it has had the same soil and care (or more accurately,lack of) as the other.

We'll be giving these another go most assuredly,as I feel I never gave them a real chance to shine.

Hi Slim Pickens,

Not fully sure from here, but looks like the lebanese that is dying was burnt, from excessive fertilizer, ph unbalance or russet mites.

Hope the healthy one is flowering nicely!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello my friends, Here is a few pictures of my Lebanese plants.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1884422&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1884421&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This is plant #2 from each side. The pistils have died back and I don't see any new pistils forming. I may harvest this plant today or at least this week. The weather has been very cool and overcast here about the last two weeks. 60's during the day and into the 40's at night. I have had only a small dairy heater going at night and now today.
I could start a larger propane heater. This would make the environment better, but I'm looking for genetics that can hold their own in my greenhouse without any help. The Auto's and Lebanese genetics are doing great here. I still have great interest in many other genetics. To refine and better understand what a North Dakota natural environment can do. I will dive deeper into Ace's Auto's and Lebanese. I will also be adding Nanda Devi and Mazar I Sharif next season. I have many seeds from the Lebanese x Auto Malawi f4 cross I did this season. I had a Blueberry male and the Lebanese #2 together. While the pods are swollen, I haven't squeezed and yet to check for seeds. I will verify before I harvest that plant.
If it is seeded I will give her another two weeks to mature seeds.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1884426&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This is the Lebanese #1 She still has a bunch of white pistils. Only a small amount have started dying back. There is more forming from another flowering. I do have my heater close to this plant. While some of the leaves are yellowing now. I'm not going to give her another feeding. She can deplete what's in the soil. I'm going to take her down at the beginning of October unless the weather warms up here. I will let her go then accordingly.
The balance of the plants are farther behind in flowering. While many are 9-10 week flowering times. If the flowering doesn't start until the last week in August. They may as well be a 16 to 20 week flowering sativa. So I've learned flowering onset time is more important here than actual flowering time.
I'm in no way disappointed, In the last few years I've learned so much about growing outside here. While we move ever closer to a legal recreational market. I have gained so much knowledge that will help me to do a better job for the people of North Dakota.
In time I hope to have a large greenhouse with geothermal floor heat. I have an immense library of genetics that will flourish in that environment. Flowering onset won't be an issue and I have all winter to let them finish.
I didn't take a picture of the Lebanese x Erdpurt. She is hard into flowering and gaining weight. She was started a few weeks behind the other plants. She is holding her own very well. I look forward to having her again next season.

Have a great week my friends. Sorry to get a little off topic of just showing some great Lebanese genetics. I truly wasted my time having so many Cheeses in my line up this season. But that's why I called my thread learning experiments.
Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

Amazing friend! Your lebanese updates always put a big smile in my face :)

I think your 2 lebanese females still need a few weeks more of flowering since the pics were taken in your last 18th Sept update.
Leb #2 looks more advanced, probably needs 2-3 weeks more, while leb # 1 is a bit more delayed and will need extra 7-10 days than her sister to finish.

Unless they are getting mold or caterpillars spreading, i would recommend you to let them ripe a bit more.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This strain looks fantastic, Dubi!!!

If only it were more mold resistant.

Still... I know how to cheat the mold demon of it's gross, greedy and rotten cuts.

Might have to try this!!!

Welcome TheScorpion,

Glad you are finding interesting this recently released lebanese line :)

It's not very mold resistant because in her native place grows in a dry climate that (as OregonBorn correctly pointed out) rarely receives rains during her flowering. But it can be crossed with other more mold resistant strains, or to select in a rainy climate for the most mold resistant plants during a few generations, like it is the case of the danish leb27.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lebanese
View Image

Lebanese top cola
View Image

Detail
View Image

Looking close to done?

Hola repuk,

If you ask me, she looks pretty done to me :)
Looks like she has fully ripen her last reflowering.
The forecast seems to be good this week in your location, without rains. If she has been well flushed then i would cut her as soon as the soil is well dry. :yes:

OregonBorn

Hi OregonBorn,

True! That explains why several chemotypes can be found in lebanese lines, because they are grown and processed on a big scale to make hash, and most probably seeds for next season are not selected from specific females with a specific chemotype, rather many pollinated females are mixed and processed all together, so the seeds come from many many different females.

Thanks for joining the thread with your first hand experiences with your own lebanese line, congrats for preserving her for 20 years! Is your line suffering any kind of inbreeding problem after so many years away from big scale growing in Lebanon?

Feel free to post pics of your lebanese line if you wish! :)
Always eager to learn more!

I have been growing and breeding weed for several decades, but I have not been growing this Bekaa Valley Lebanese line for 20 years. I got the original Lebby seeds from Europe a few years ago. They were 5 or 6 years old at that time. I do one BIG breeding run (several hundred seeds) from original seedlings and freeze them for eternity. That way there is no genetic drift and I do not have to keep breeding the line to preserve it. I just go to the freezer and pop more beans. Or as I did in this case, I clone the best females and run them again, and have done that with this line for a few years now.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hi Dr. Purpur,

The 'Bucksaw Electric' sativa is a true a beauty! :)
I'm following your progresses with her with lots of interest.
Glad you pollinated a lebanese female with its pollen.
How are your lebanese evolving in flowering ?

Hello my Friend.
They are moving steadily along in flower. They smell very sweet, and have interesting varying terpene profiles.
I will take some more pictures tomorrow. Some have very unique looking flowers and pistils
picture.php

For the rest of you- Im running an exotic unknown Narrow leaf strain, that we are calling Bucksaw. I got a couple male Bucksaw that I collected pollen from, and promptly pollenated the Lebanese with. I think it will be good. This Lebanese appears to be good breeding stock.

Heres a bucksaw female
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends, yes dubi I fully agree with more time. The shorter stalks Lebanese plant is pushing out more pistils. They are dealing with the cold so well. Dubi these Lebanese and Auto's you have are incredible! They are were I will focus future efforts. Everything I need to help people in North Dakota, is in these two strains.
Have a great week my friends. Peace
MedDakotabis

Latest posts

Latest posts