What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

last year Sensi Seeds was good?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Late 90s -early 00s...I have more somewhere :) View attachment 18811820
Oh my god this packaging is really old, I think the first seeds I got from Sensi Seeds in 96 were like this or a close version, that's the 15 seeds packs?
Do you plan to germ the seeds one day ? I'd like to grow again a Super Skunk from this era, it was my grail. I think my last purchase of Sensi Seeds was around 07/08, they were not at the top of their game at this time that's for sure, I've tried seeds from US breeders and didn't go back to Sensi but there is some good breeders in Holand today, Karma is one of them, Hortilab made a good job as well.

juanjomist

Finales de los 90 -principios de los 2000... tengo más en alguna parte:) View attachment 18811820
hola no nos conocemos soy nuevo aquí me registre solamente porque soy un gran fan de Jack herer y ya no es la sombra de lo que solía ser ,y quería ver si podía volver a conseguir algo de antaño ya sea por intercambio o como desee,perdón mi atrevimiento pero es ver algo así y ufggfgfg es una quimera

Sparkus_Maximus

I'm running Sensi's Banana Kush Cake Auto outdoors, got a couple as freebies, she's about 3 weeks into flower and doing well, but It's so humid here right now that I'm a bit worried about mold. I've ran a bit of Sensi's gear over the years and have always had high germ-rates and overall good results with their strains. We will see how their BKC Auto does this season, never ran an auto before. Also currently testing the results of some pollen chucking, (Sensi's Mexican Sativa x Skittles). Running a small tester- clone from a Sativa dominant pheno, she's about a week into flowering, pretty excited to see how she turns out.🌻

Last edited:

acespicoli

@Raco do you know anything of the marleys collie? I was gifted a pack. Unsure if they’ll germ as I’m unsure how they’ve been stored before I got them.
@Raco ever had the opportunity to sample it?
can tell u
That smokes nice longer flowering maple leaf x jam up high on my sample smooth sweet
Highly recommendable similar to the jack in effect
Best :huggg:

LostTribe

Premium user
@Raco do you know anything of the marleys collie? I was gifted a pack. Unsure if they’ll germ as I’m unsure how they’ve been stored before I got them.
I ran a pack back in the day. Had a decent amount of sativa in it, I remember them being multiple phenotypes. Yes its a Maple Leaf x Jamaican. Pretty nice effects back in the day. I some crossed to gn03 but dont think they'll germ. I also have some serious ak x the jamaican cindy also quite old.

Sparkus_Maximus

I don't want to base Sensi's reputation on my last experience with their ''Sensi-Skunk'' / Fem single that I ran as a space-filler alongside girls from other breeders. That particular SS plant turned out - Terrible, not even worth smoking / vaping, and I just threw it in the compost finally. Nearly Zero-Trich production, after around 10- weeks, just - Garbage, might as well grow Lettuce. It's only my experience with this (one) recent freebie from Sensi, so I'm not puking on them- all together, but Damn that particular plant was a waste of time and space. Glad she ran only as a space-filler, If I had rabbits or any other pets that love cruciferous vegetables🌿, it would be worth running for them😂🐇

Last edited:

Chef/grower/

I don't want to base Sensi's reputation on my last experience with their ''Sensi-Skunk'' / Fem single that I ran as a space-filler alongside girls from other breeders. That particular SS plant turned out - Terrible, not even worth smoking / vaping, and I just threw it in the compost finally. Nearly Zero-Trich production, after around 10- weeks, just - Garbage, might as well grow Lettuce. It's only my experience with this (one) recent freebie from Sensi, so I'm not puking on them- all together, but Damn that particular plant was a waste of time and space. Glad she ran only as a space-filler, If I had rabbits or any other pets that love cruciferous vegetables🌿, it would be worth running for them😂🐇
Yup, I had same experience with Sensi Skunk. Local seedstore gave me two freebies of this strain and both of them were totally garbage.

kro-magnon

Veteran
It's a shame their Skunk lines turned to shit because for years they were a reliable source for solid genetics, I've grown a lot of their seeds like many growers of the 90's and 00's with satisfying results, I don't know what they have done to fuck so badly those great lines they had.
I'd be very happy to grow some good Super Skunk again but I have no idea where to get some reliable seeds;

Lebanizer

Wow that bad ? I just bought a pack of Jack Herer. hope it will be better than lettuce given the price I paid. :cautious:

Last edited:

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
nothing good to say about their black domina, it was terrible grow, but the genetics seems to be weak also. some years ago skunk #1 was okay, but not top notch stuff. i will skip sensi for seeds, but for clones i would give a try.

CharlesU Farley

Feeling pretty under the weather this weekend, and just scanning through thread titles then saw this one, kind of had to respond.

The last seeds I bought were in the year 2000 from Sensi via Gypsy. I've done well with them. ;)

Don't have the time or inclination to go all the way through this thread, but saw Raco was involved and decided to dive in just a little bit.

Imnsho, the overall quality of a cannabis plant is a function of not only genetics but the _environment_ and _how_ it was grown. All three of these things come together to create the kind of high the plant gives you.

I can control, to a certain extent, the environment and how my cannabis is grown, but I have absolutely _no_ control over genetics.

But there can be absolutely no doubt that as far as _genetics_ is concerned, Sensi is unparalleled in the depth and breadth of their cannabis genetics via the Seed Bank acquisition.

It took me several years to unDutch NL and have it respond to a normal growing season. The mid to late '90s environment that Sensi used for developing their cannabis _seeds_is dramatically different from my environment here on the mountain where I develop the _plants_. The plant is malleable to change depending on its environment, but _genetics_ cannot be changed.

I don't know about anything else that they sell other than NL but if I had to start all over again, I can guarantee you exactly where I would go to get my NL... Sensi.

RobFromTX

I ran their Jack Herrer a few years back. Half the seeds didn't even pop. I ended up with 2 males 2 females and a plant that grew to look like some desert shrub from a not so distant planet. Only one female produced some decent bud but it was a very low yielder. Pretty disappointing for a $200 pack of seeds. The general opinion ive gathered is to buy their indicas and avoid everything else like the plague. Their maple leaf indica has a fairly good following

Lebanizer

I ran their Jack Herrer a few years back. Half the seeds didn't even pop. I ended up with 2 males 2 females and a plant that grew to look like some desert shrub from a not so distant planet. Only one female produced some decent bud but it was a very low yielder. Pretty disappointing for a $200 pack of seeds. The general opinion ive gathered is to buy their indicas and avoid everything else like the plague. Their maple leaf indica has a fairly good following

😭😭😭😭😭🤯🤯🤯

Sparkus_Maximus

It's a shame their Skunk lines turned to shit because for years they were a reliable source for solid genetics, I've grown a lot of their seeds like many growers of the 90's and 00's with satisfying results, I don't know what they have done to fuck so badly those great lines they had.
I'd be very happy to grow some good Super Skunk again but I have no idea where to get some reliable seeds;
Around 10- yrs ago I ran Sensi's Super-Skunk / Fem freebies (2 of them) and both turned out quite nice, actually. Not sure if it's the time-line difference or what, but if I got those again as freebies, I would be happy to give them another try.

Sparkus_Maximus

Wow that bad ? I just bought a pack of Jack Herer. hope it will be better than lettuce given the price I paid. :cautious:
It was that bad, however we're talking about one seed, and from what I have heard back in the days the Jack was quite a different breed (literally and figuratively-speaking). That steep-price is primarily what kept me from grabbing a pack of them myself. I would be interested to know how they turn out for you-

kro-magnon

Veteran
Around 10- yrs ago I ran Sensi's Super-Skunk / Fem freebies (2 of them) and both turned out quite nice, actually. Not sure if it's the time-line difference or what, but if I got those again as freebies, I would be happy to give them another try.
The main problem with their seeds today is the inconsistency, you can can have good results with a pack one day and buy the same pack a year after and get crap. The difference coming from who sold them the seeds, they don't have their own seeds production facilities anymore so they buy from different producers who don't have the same work ethics.
I often am tempted to get a pack of Super Skunk to run because it was by far my favorite line in the 90's and I've grown about 6 packs of 15 seeds when they were some of the best you could buy, from 96 to 2007. But I refrain myself because there is very little chance to get the same seeds I was buying before, their old seeds stock dried at different stage depending on the strain but every growers who was used to their work when they were the best know they are not the same anymore.
I've grown their Sensi SKUNK in O7 and the result was decent but in the same run I had California Indica, I had a good plant but they were not the same than the pack I had grown in 99, a lot more variation and a lot more sativa in their gene, they've grown from 20/25cm at day 1 of 12/12 to 160cm at harvest, I had never had such stretch before with the real CI seeds.