oct

Dream

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 9
R

Robrites

Deer topped vegetation growing in my beds.
I don't think that is deer. Deer seem to specialize in eating the tips and new growth. There is a critter in Oregon called a mountain beaver (though it is not a beaver at all) that I have seen do damage like that. They live in holes in the ground and usually you can find the branches sticking out of their holes.

oct

I saw the deer munching on it early this morning. I thought it was munching on my plants which they've never done and I've always been thankful...Its actually a tomato plant. The compost I have has all kinds of vegetable and fruit seeds and they sprout right alongside my plants quite often.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I saw the deer munching on it early this morning. I thought it was munching on my plants which they've never done and I've always been thankful...Its actually a tomato plant. The compost I have has all kinds of vegetable and fruit seeds and they sprout right alongside my plants quite often.

dude, did the deer leave any of your garden? let's see those buds...

oct

I shattered my phone completely, but got it fixed as of recent. Had a baby 5 weeks ago as well (first one). this thread and any photo taking has been neglected. I run a bunch of mid-end of october strains so not much bud formation yet, but I'll take some photos this eveing. Been meaning to anyway....

Team Microbe

Veteran
Looking stellar October!!!

Very well put together :good:

Just curious, what's that black stuff on your raised bed boards?

oct

The boards are 2" x 12" redwood and just dark in color. They've gotten darker as they've been outside over the years. I haven't ever treated them or put anything on the outside.

Edit: Looked closer at what you were talking about. It does look much darker. Maybe it has to do with lots of moisture being in that area.

Team Microbe

Veteran
The boards are 2" x 12" redwood and just dark in color. They've gotten darker as they've been outside over the years. I haven't ever treated them or put anything on the outside.

Edit: Looked closer at what you were talking about. It does look much darker. Maybe it has to do with lots of moisture being in that area.

That was my only worry, I know if it is indeed some type of mold it will sporulate at some point and that may throw off microbial tests if it gets wind of your flowers. Highly unlikely I'd like to think, just thinking out loud here. Again, beautiful job this year! :good:

jidoka

hell if you see any actual mold rip the boards off and just use it like mounds. Don't take a chance this late in the game. If they are just dark leave it alone.

oct

Its just the color of the wood. Thanks guys for all the kiddo congrats.

Front porch view.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 10

oct

Grease showing a little formation. I run a lot of later stuff, nothing too exciting in the flower department yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 10

oct

Sunset from a few days back

Sunset from a few days back

I picked up some Diamond K sulfate of potash. Seeing signs of K running low. What is the fertigation dosing on this? I read it should be agitated in water for a day or two before application to help it break down...never used it before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 9

oct

I don't have a meter. Some plants are losing color. To actually get somewhat of a grasp on what a K def looks like, I ran a test on one of my dep plants. I fed them all a balanced bottled nutrient diet. Except for 1 plant. It had zero potassium at all. The starting soil had no amendments or additive. Pretty much treated it like a hydro grow. So thats all I really have to base it off of.

The leaves yellowed more and the buds were probably about 30% smaller than the rest. I'm probably short on N and K. Mainly the Jagers are showing signs. Its hot and they are drinking A LOT of water. I was going to order some ferti-nitro from CHN as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts