What's new

Lady Gaga: "I Smoke a Lot of Pot"

B

BOSCO

But I love this thing Iron Lion found,expect to see it alot!!
dick-head.gif
dick-head.gif
dick-head.gif

Is it just me or does that look like the guy from sponge bob cartoon??

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
This thread is telling me IC misses Yummy... or is at least in need of some kind of punching bag shaped whipping boy.

Yummy get your ass out here... and wear some meat!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I do, I thought this thread might discuss more celebs that endorse weed. Or anything dealing with the context of the op. But we've got lots of self-absorbed commentary that says the same ferkin thing...

I don't likey.

To ^that^ I say, who gives a shit.

You gave a post.

I'd guess about 20 pages worth of posts' posters give shits... or at least posts.

I think if people actually stuck to discussing cannabis (go figure :) and why she stated she smoked cannabis, then maybe some genuine conversation could come about it.

I think there is an unspoke truth that alot, but not all, celebrities do consume cannabis. However, none of them have ever come out and admitted it like she had, especially when they are popular as she is currently.

I feel as though her cannabis statement is a double-edged sword. Because of her visual hijinxs, it's easy for cannabis opponents to lump her in with "the freaks and hippies" that we cannabis consumers are stereotyped to be. However, what her statement has shown is that your career won't go into the crapper if you come out and say on mainstream media that you smoke weed. Imagine if Yo-Yo Ma or the duo Sugarland made the same statement? :)

For me, and yes I know that this is a long shot, that this also could be the beginning of politicians or other powerful figures like lobbyist and such, openly coming out and stating their own cannabis habits and speaking against the drug war as a whole.

But as such, this thread spiraled and degenerated into a thread debating her talent with both sides calling each other idiots over and over and over again. :deadhorse

WasntMe

.... celebrities do consume cannabis. However, none of them have ever come out and admitted it like she had, especially when they are popular as she is currently....

5 secs on google provides 35 others to start ... in case you missed any of these.
http://jezebel.com/#!5144624/35-celebrities-who-smoke-pot

:D

Barbra Streisand

In a 1972 Rolling Stone interview, Babs said, "I'd take out a joint and light it. First, just faking it. Then I started lighting live joints, passing them around to the band, you know. I was great, it relieved all my tensions. And I ended up with the greatest supply of grass ever. Other acts up and down the Strip heard about what I was doing - Little Anthony and the Imperials, people like that - and started sending me the best dope in the world. I never ran out."

WasntMe

She's not just popular but also the highest paid music celeb in 2010.

Nope... that was U2 at $130 million... followed by AC/DC $114 mil then Beyonce at $87 mil ... according to Forbes

Lady Gaga netted an estimated $62 million, well below Springsteen, Britney Spears and Jay-z

WasntMe

yeah that cool 62 million is chump change....

nope not chump change at all... but it's certainly not the top earner nor does it equate to originality
... like I said, it's a persona formula that makes money in the industry ... not talent.

With the right persona formula and aimed at the correct buying demographic you don't even have to be to person who actually sang/recorded the song/album in the studio to go platinum. Think that can't be true?
haha
go Google "Milli Vanilli" ...

"Girl you know it's true " ... uh, uh, uh they fooled you!

Get real guys, Why is it that "video killed the radio star"?

...the formula.

WasntMe

I heard gaga took 100 mil on the tv news so no link. If true, that would make her the top individual performer.

Forbes is typically the authority on these things.....

p.s. the Kardashians took in 65 million in 2010 ... also more then gaga. They must be talented huh?

Latest posts

Latest posts