What's new

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

labtec

Your welcome chock. I'm only going to use the 1200 watt double chamber this run. It depends on how many females I get out of the plants I grew from seed, but probably 17 to 19. Putting the screen on the pots depends on how big they get. I do have a heat mat for the clones, but its still pretty cool down there. Your setup sounds perfect. And 18" to 20" is exactly the distance I would put the screen using a cooltube. The temp is going to be the biggest problem, but hopefully that cooltube will take care of that. What is your exhaust system like? Are you just going to use one fan and put your carbon filter on the ground and suck up through the tube?

N

nukkumatti

Yeah LABMAN! :)
Jeah lower temps tend to kill cuttings..:) Try to put a small light inside cardboard box and clones on top of it.. Helps my situation in winter.. No have money for heating mats. :D

I'm tired with all these moving things and gonna put up 2 tents more for flowering :D ! Only one 600 per tent for fast veg and easy moving. I'm sure I get them somewhere hidden when they fix the windows . :D

Nice strains you got there.. It's going to be nice show! :)

N

nukkumatti

Romulan romulan... Where did you get the seeds?

GROW ON.. oh that's what your just doing..!!:D

choch

Your welcome chock. I'm only going to use the 1200 watt double chamber this run. It depends on how many females I get out of the plants I grew from seed, but probably 17 to 19. Putting the screen on the pots depends on how big they get. I do have a heat mat for the clones, but its still pretty cool down there. Your setup sounds perfect. And 18" to 20" is exactly the distance I would put the screen using a cooltube. The temp is going to be the biggest problem, but hopefully that cooltube will take care of that. What is your exhaust system like? Are you just going to use one fan and put your carbon filter on the ground and suck up through the tube?

I'll be using an 8" elicient at reduced speed for the tube and a dayton 465cfm for exhaust. Using a remote digi ballast as well so I'm hoping temps will be manageable.

labtec

Hey Nukku my brother gave me the romulan seeds, I guess they came from some dank romulan herb, who knows how that goes. Out of 3 romulan seeds, I got 2 females. But what I'm most in shock of, is the fact that out of 5 bubblegum seeds, I got 5 males. Crazy. I decided to pop the other 5 bogbubble seeds that I had, and on one of them I got two sprouts. Crazy. I've never heard of that before.

I topped the og kush girls and the headbands that I have, and I used those as clones. I'll have some pics up sooner then later.

Hey choch your setup sounds awesome. Sorry I didn't get back right away, I had finals last week. I use speed controllers on all of my fans. sometimes you can get away with having the fans set at a low speed.

N

nukkumatti

:)
That's the game we play ;) First Satoris gave me only one female and I think one pack of sweettooth were all males :) Double sprouting's nice :) Like two for the price of one!!:D Just separate them early enough, so you don't disturb the roots too much :)

Looking forward to see those romulan ladies!! ;)

JeJeee

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
just read this whole thread, very impressive DIY tent.

I am thinking about converting my 4x4 tent to this method, one question: are you pulling fresh air from a hole in the floor? thats what it looks like. if so, where is the air coming from, the same room , or outside?

if there is no vent hole in the floor, do you just rely on negative pressure from that vortex to cool the space? just wondering cuz I'm not sure if heat will be an issue with 2x600's and no cooltubes. what do you think?

anyway, you should be stoked on that 2+ lbs, off 16 plants i only wish i had been that smart when i set up my little tent. vert is the way to go.

labtec

Nukku the romulans are looking good. I'll take some pics here in a few days.

Shcrews thanks. I am pulling air from two of the four sides of my double chamber. You can imagine how tall and wide the holes are if you look at the front of the chamber. They are the size of that piece of wood I have that goes from the ground to the floor of the chamber. I originally planned to pull most of the air from the gap of sheetrock in the back. The room I'm growing in had flood damage back in the day, and since the sheetrock absorbed the water, they cut the first 12-14" of rock out. There is now a gap between the frame where the sheetrock is attached, and the wall of the basement, and this is where I had originally planned on pulling air from the room right next to it. But after one run, I realized that it is just pulling air from the room that the chambers are in.

Yes I just use negative pressure from the vortex's for my intake. The temp is decent in the basement, so my temps don't get out of control to much. Anywhere else and I would definitely use cooltubes. I also had 27 plants on my last run.

Good luck with the tent Shcrews

labtec

Hey nukku its going awesome on this end.

Nearthebeachboy its good to see you around. It's been awhile. The ladies are doing good. Its the 4th day into flowering and they're just starting to do their early flowering stretch.

Here's a picture to check out, I'm going to add a second shelf probably tomorrow so that the girls can stretch out a little bit.

N

nukkumatti

Oh jeah ;)
What are the dimensions of your cab mate? Day 4..:) mmm How long did you veg them? and under what, in the cab with 600s??

Well hell yeah!:headbange them hoes look nice lol.
Yeah I know its been a min.I need to stop in more often.:)
Looking good as always.:good:

Keep it coming bro.:dance013:

labtec

Hey Nukku the dimensions of the double chamber are about 44"x44"x70" or about 112cm x 112cm x 178cm for you nukku.

Thanks for stopping by NEARTHEBEACHBOY.

Well It's been a while since I've been here. I've got a couple pics to show everyone. In the first pic you can see how I cut half circles in the boards, then I added some fencing to keep the plants away from the lights.

Then In these pics you see the bottom row of Og Kushes and Headbands, then in the other pic just a random shot of all of em.

250wscrogger

I really like what you're doing here...:respect::respect:

This is one of the threads that has convinced me to switch to vertical.

:thank you:

Keep up the good work!

labtec

Thanks alot 250wscrogger. I was going to use a 250 watt in my original design, then I moved into a house so I decided to go bigger with a 400 watt, but in the end I decided on 3 600s.hehe Your Welcome, I appreciate the thanx. I'll try to get some more pics for ya soon.

250wscrogger

Hehe, I started with a 250w 3 years ago, ran a 400w for a year and I have been running 1800w SOG for the last year.
In a couple months (as soon as I move to the new house) I'm stepping it up to 2 2k flower rooms vertical plus a seperate veg room so I'll be flowering/chopping one of my 2k rooms every 5 weeks. I bought most of the equipment already so I'm just itching to get that going...

I'll start a thread as soon as I have atleast one of the rooms flowering.

N

nukkumatti

Silky smooth bro, silky smooth!:D
Thanks for the answer, pretty tight setup mat!:) It's funny how those watts gets smaller when you're in growing age :D:D

johnny butt

Looking great labtec!! I'll be excited to see you pushing your yields this next run. It looks like it is going well already.

I'm around and watching :tiphat:

JB