What's new

L.A. Begins Closing Medical Cannabis Clubs

washed up

4000 dispensaries in L.A county and the herb you sell to them will be $500 an elbow.... is it worth it to even turn the lights on and grow??? amsterdam coffee shops are a tourist attraction and they only take up a few blocks... If there were a red light district, I bet we would have thousands of coffeeshops, hookers, and heroin... Lets do it!

johnnyla

Veteran
2005/2006/2007 in los angeles there were at least 5-10 shops all selling 100$ 8ths ((some even named their weed the 100 dollar kush>>> or the beverly hills O.G. etc.etc.))with the majority being sold at 60-80$. after 2007 people got wise to a way to get around a bullshit moratotium, and about 200-300 dispensaries opened up (the same shops that you all want gone) and with the competition it drove prices down to most shops putting caps @ $45 per 8th. it is simple economics. more choices > more competition = cheaper prices for you!!!!!! how fucking hard is that to comprehend??

oh and for all of you saying amsterdam only has 300 coffeshops and LA has 600....

did you do a population check>>> 1 million amsterdam. 10+million los angeles.

in that terms if amsterdam had 10 million people they would have 3,000 coffeshops. which should be the amount that is allowed in los angeles. by the way, los angeles has over 8,000 liquor liscenses issued in the city/county of LA. there are 11 million fucking people in the town of los angeles >>> why the fuck is it outrageous to think there should be 600 dispensaries??? i think that number should be closer to 4,000. and if we win the class action lawsuit, you know damn well it will be!!!!!!!

right on bro! how does one get in on this class action thing?

and you are correct about prices in Los Angeles in 2006, 2007, 2008 and what they are now. the prices have come down. on the flip, there is a bunch of schwagg.

and to the Vendors i say "He who has the gold makes the rules".

if your shit is as good as you say it is walk in with an elbow and demand 4k or walk out. learn some negotiation skills and if you can't get what you want find a collective that isn't greedy.

i don't speak from experience about the vending but it's business 101. supply, demand, and quality of products. negotiate.:joint:

washed up

"i don't speak from experience about the vending but it's business 101. supply, demand, and quality of products. negotiate"

If your not speaking from experience, what are you speaking from? this is not doughnuts or hotdogs, or beer, or drinking water. This is medical grade Cannabis, which may I remind you is still federally illegal. I used to get $6400 all day in '05-'07 for my wares. now I'm lucky to get $4600 because so many numbnuts opened shop or started growing shwag. healthy competition is good. greed bad!!! AND.. you can thank the greedy grower who sold cuts to dispensaries for providing the genetics that were hoarded for so long to maintain top dollar, then kill its value. There is a reason they are elite, and the price was near twice the cost of generic smoke. it's twice as good, and usually yields half as much....

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
4000 dispensaries in L.A county and the herb you sell to them will be $500 an elbow.... is it worth it to even turn the lights on and grow??? amsterdam coffee shops are a tourist attraction and they only take up a few blocks... If there were a red light district, I bet we would have thousands of coffeeshops, hookers, and heroin... Lets do it!

WASHED UP >>> GO FUCK YOURSELF. I HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR ANYONE WHO TURNS DOWN LEGALIZATION BECAUSE THEY ARE MONEY GRUBBING. THERE IS PLENTY OF MONEY TO BE MADE IN THIS BUSINESS AND TO SIT HERE AND SUSTAIN PERSECUTION IS DISGUSTING. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE IN JAIL FOR THIS. THEY SAY POT IS BAD FOR YOU? ID SAY PRISON IS A FUCK OF A LOT WORST.....

washed up

calm down big herb or your gonna start lookin like that dog in your avitar! of course I dont want growers jailed. where did I even say that? I want the dispensaries to be more proactive in purchacing quality med pot. I want the dispensaries to spend a little more money on our hard work. I want dispensarys to send people with shwag runnin. I'm just sayin shut down the shady dispensaries (most of them apparently) and bring the market back to where it was. Maybe insurance will cover med MJ so patients dont have to pay $70-90/eighth now that its medically legal in CA. The laws in place today arent working. there needs to be some "change". obviously Big herb has not gotten my point. I am all for decrim. we all know what prohibition gets ya. but full blown rec use? remember when they outlawed private tobacco farming? do you want to go to jail for growing real pot instead of walking in to a liquor store and buying a pack of camel joints? because thats what its going to come down too. RJ reynolds, Philip Morris, will reap the benefits of MJ, while we go to jail for growing it.. SO GO FUCK YOURSELF BACK! Call me greedy! lol! you need to read this whole thread bro. I never once said pot should be an illegal punishable jail offense. I never would. stop putting words in my mouth, and put a doob in yours. you need it. is caps your way of YELLING at me???

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is calm for big herb! he must like you at least a little or he would be gettin rowdy.

Z

Zeinth

It was posted a page or two ago,

but I have never seen $80-100 Eighths in CALI

EVER!

Where the hell is this man , Ive never seen nothing over $50 . (NOT WHOLESALE)

PERIOD

U havent??

i have..80 an 1/8 at a place on brookhurst in garden grove!!

here is a menu from unit -d on brookhurst...cali..

8/12
<HR style="COLOR: #c6c6c6; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6c6c6" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->SATIVA
Cali Green 15 / 50 / 350
Platinum Bubba 25 / 70 / 510
Pineapple 20 / 65 / 470
Blue Hawaii 25 / 75 / 550
Moonraker 20 / 55 / 380

INDICA
Magic Kush 20 / 65 / 470
Burmese 25 / 70 / 510
Bubba 25 / 75 / 550
Perplex 20 / 60 / 420
Tink 15 / 45 / 310

HYBRIDS

Purple Haze 20 / 65 / 470
Organic Love 20 / 55 / 380
Sage x Lionheart 30 / 80 / 590
Pot Luck 15 / 45 / 310
Headband 25 / 70 / 510
Sour OG 25 / 75 / 550

kinda pricey?? huh.

Pot Pimp

Fook, I have family there! That are they going to do? I guess they can buy from me when I get set up in Cali. :) I agree with Washedup; they should either shut down the shops hawking the schwag or set some sort of standard. I would be willing to test the goods for them for a modest price. :)

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
quality indoor should NEVER cost more than $4500 per pound. if people didnt like the "schwag" herb they wouldnt buy it. i am a person of the people and a patriot of this country. a TRUE republican. the less goverment regulation the better.

catmanrob

Fucking 80 bucks is what I pay for the Pure, and what I dropped My Bubba for when It was first poppin off a few years ago....78 an 8er at the clubs with tax down in Palm Springs...

washed up

I like this guy.. he's so angry!

I like this guy.. he's so angry!

quality indoor should NEVER cost more than $4500 per pound. if people didnt like the "schwag" herb they wouldnt buy it. i am a person of the people and a patriot of this country. a TRUE republican. the less goverment regulation the better.

And just exactly how are you dictating that $4500 should be the market price? higher is greed? lower too cheap? what about outdoor? how much should that cost? less right? Why?
What does being a republican have to do with this? I dont see republicans trying to shrink government except Ron Paul.. and vice versa! the republicans are trying to get him out! lol! I'm not a republican, democrat, indy, green, etc. I vote for the best man for the job. this year I abstained, as I have in the last 3 elections.
I'm a constitutionalist. first and foremost. I dont believe we have had a single halfway decent president since Clinton, and the candidates on all sides are terrible except for good ol Ron. I would have voted for ron paul if he made it on the ballot. no questions asked.

johnnyla

Veteran
i paid 75 for an eight of top shelf today.

so bugger off. anyone who contests high prices obviously doesn't pay for medicine in LA county at least.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
And just exactly how are you dictating that $4500 should be the market price? higher is greed? lower too cheap? what about outdoor? how much should that cost? less right? Why?
What does being a republican have to do with this? I dont see republicans trying to shrink government except Ron Paul.. and vice versa! the republicans are trying to get him out! lol! I'm not a republican, democrat, indy, green, etc. I vote for the best man for the job. this year I abstained, as I have in the last 3 elections.
I'm a constitutionalist. first and foremost. I dont believe we have had a single halfway decent president since Clinton, and the candidates on all sides are terrible except for good ol Ron. I would have voted for ron paul if he made it on the ballot. no questions asked.

4500 is PUHHHLENTY. outdoor should not be more than 3500 ever. you want 6400 for your indoor>>> your out of your fucking mind. and the republicans of TODAY is NOT the republicans that founded this country. for they belived in power to states to govern, less taxes, and less government interferance in citizens lifes. todays republicans is nothing but fear mongering religious zealots who sensationalize every bogus ticket tape idea to steer the masses from the real problems.

ps: i wrote in RON PAUL in black sharpie on my ballet. i dont give a shit if they toss it in the circular metal filing cabinet....... at least my vote wasnt wasted on another puppet president like john mcsame or obama bin laden

johnnyla

Veteran
i voted for Ron Paul, although i will probably never vote again as it is meaningless (another time, another thread).

So Republicans are for Price Caps?

hahahahaha.

Anyways, If people want "schwag" then that is their choice.

And to the guy who said this is medical marijuana and not doughnuts, are you out of high school yet bro? LOLz.

And what if I had some shit that glowed in the dark and was 30% THC and 15% CBDs?

You would "donate" (lolz) whatever i recommended.

let the free market decide. the dispensary system is questionable at best. they all started calling themselves collectives but are they truly operating as such? time will tell.

washed up

what choice does one have between shwag & dank when the dispensaries are trying pay the lowest price for brand names and don't really even know how to judge properly. I have only seen medical grade indoor product about 1 in 4 trips to the clubs. I dont even like walkin these clubs. last time I saw a bunch of half dead clones with visable mites! dead mites on buds. PM, poorly leached, trichs all broken off or premature, dryed out crap, for $75 an 1/8th! criminals!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
what choice does one have between shwag & dank when the dispensaries are trying pay the lowest price for brand names and don't really even know how to judge properly. I have only seen medical grade indoor product about 1 in 4 trips to the clubs. I dont even like walkin these clubs. last time I saw a bunch of half dead clones with visable mites! dead mites on buds. PM, poorly leached, trichs all broken off or premature, dryed out crap, for $75 an 1/8th! criminals!

i completely agree with every thing in this statement 100%

paulobaca

I used to get $6400 all day in '05-'07 for my wares. now I'm lucky to get $4600 because so many numbnuts opened shop or started growing shwag. healthy competition is good. greed bad!!! AND.. you can thank the greedy grower who sold cuts to dispensaries for providing the genetics that were hoarded for so long to maintain top dollar, then kill its value. There is a reason they are elite, and the price was near twice the cost of generic smoke. it's twice as good, and usually yields half as much....

The person you call a greedy grower is swerve? He helped to get cuts like sfv og and pre 98 bubba to the dipensaries I believe. Well I guess one persons freedom fighter is another persons terrorist. swerve helped a lot of sick folks gain access to stellar genetics, me being one, well relatively sick. I don't grow no schwag.

Now im growing some sic dank and I don't have to pay 75 or 80 an eighth. Sorry if that hurts and your family. Perhaps you should get a day job or try a new angle.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
i completely agree with every thing in this statement 100%

Sure... until you step out of the hood and walk into a real dispensary. Nice people (still a bit unknowing on the product but ok) nice place, nice buds, nice clones and prices from $40 to $80.

At least NoHo has a few and Chatsworth has some badass meds at the dispensary next to MediCann. (Their clones sucked the last time I was through though)

It all depends on where you're at and who you're dealing with. Everything from the super car wash, right down to the guy with a bottle of gutter water and a paper towel; you'll find all levels of quality, ethics and compassion in this business.

YMMV

washed up

what??? when did I call Swerve greedy? If anything, I appreciate what swerve did. he brought the goods to socal. What are you talking about? I'm talking about the people who were gifted a strain and asked not to give it up and did. its kinda what makes Elites, ELITE! you know, having something special that very few may have because it is so much better than most anything out there, dedicated to a special group of people to do it justice. Many of those people are right here on this forum. dictionary definition:

elite [ill-eet]
Noun
the most powerful, rich, or gifted members of a group or community [French]

whats so elite about Bubba or OG now????? those strains are whores! they've been pimped out!

nice of you to assume though Paulobaca...

Latest posts

Latest posts