What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble Plays With LED's...

rykus

I'm still going to side with the trout man on this round... But we are all paying attention so that is a sign on how close its getting! That being said my trucks from the 90's and I traded a guitar amp for it and fixed it with a come along and a hammer... Some new front end pieces from another wreck, lol...

Honestly we are doing a decent build and decided to go DE 1000 w , run them for a few years then sell them on and probably invest in LED.

I have been working on using more timers to get 3 room flips going and using 8 hr light cycles for extra yield, and plants per watt... Thinking of using the 315 CMH to supplement the DE too continue this more...

Anyways Krunchbubble, I did take heed on your new stripping method, thought about it and decided to go all out yesterday on a big room.... Maybe a couple days later than ideal but I wanna try it a few ways and decide.... Looks kinda cool though.... Was a bit stress full at first but they room is full of little nugs getting serious light energy... Makes sense, I might be converted... How are you liking the new technique?

Cheers and thanks again for being the test subject!

O

OG Tree Grower

I was going to take the plung and light a 10x10 room with 9- 320w fixtures, the price point doesn't scare me. Talk to the guys if your serious and get a package price, after you factor in the ac it's kinda reasonable.

My biggest concern is having a 10x10 only lit with 2880 watts. That's half th wattage I'm used to for a room that sized. Half the production too I would assume.

I've been asking about bare bulb style cob that emits light 360 deg but I don't think the guy on the phone had a clue what I wanted. Maybe one of the starlight guys could jump in here

URSA LED

Vendor
Helios GT 320 - $699 RETAIL - It will be on amazon with SAME DAY PRIME by the end of this month.

You can also pick it up for cheaper at your local hydro store for $660 + any discount/specials they want to offer.

Every light also comes with a 3 year warranty.

URSA LED

Vendor
calculon.png

Ken Huang

Vendor
I was going to take the plung and light a 10x10 room with 9- 320w fixtures, the price point doesn't scare me. Talk to the guys if your serious and get a package price, after you factor in the ac it's kinda reasonable.

My biggest concern is having a 10x10 only lit with 2880 watts. That's half th wattage I'm used to for a room that sized. Half the production too I would assume.

I've been asking about bare bulb style cob that emits light 360 deg but I don't think the guy on the phone had a clue what I wanted. Maybe one of the starlight guys could jump in here

Hi there OG Tree Grower,

Our higher powered COBs do not allow us to make a bare bulb style design because of the heat. However, we do have smaller wattage LED light bulbs. They are 18.5 watts and 8.5 watts, if you're interested in something like that I would be more than happy to answer any more questions you may have.

About the 10x10 room, our 320w fixtures are built to be most effective inside a grow tent, if you wanted to use the 320s in a 10x10 room, you should opt to have 12 lights for that space. I believe with 12x 320W's you can maximize the PPFD absorption by the plants.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, just putting this all together in my mind after speaking with Alex a bit...

But, a 2.5' square area, you're saying I should use 2 - 320 GT?

640 seems a bit overkill even for "optimal"...

dank.Frank

O

OG Tree Grower

3 days ago you guys told me optimal for a 10x10 was 9 lights. I'm glad I took a few weeks to think everything through. None the less no big deal, I think I'm gonna grab 2-3 to play with before I commit to a 10x10 area

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I will post pics in the next few days...

For some reason every pic I have been taking is not up to par, think my camera got messed up....

Going to go grab another...

O

OG Tree Grower

If I was looking for a jobby job, I'd talk to the guys your gonna make rich with this thread. They could benefit greatly from a seasoned grower on the team. Someone to talk to the growers, size rooms appropriately ect

Slipnot

You be shocked at what would happen aslong as you got it dialed in and a perfectly white room one of my best grows ever was 2 k 76 plants vegged 5 weeks and 7 pounds dry later 1.57 GPW

Attachments

• !cid_0204010829.jpg
    !cid_0204010829.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 26

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Amazon means one-year-same-as-cash financing.

Sounds like trouble to me.

Let’s see the finish line first...

URSA LED

Vendor
So, just putting this all together in my mind after speaking with Alex a bit...

But, a 2.5' square area, you're saying I should use 2 - 320 GT?

640 seems a bit overkill even for "optimal"...

dank.Frank

Hey dank.Frank,

We tend to go with the actual numbers... about 1500PPFD maximum absorption rate for cannabis plants. When you put a 1000W HPS/MH that only produces about 500-700PPFD inner at 24" from canopy, and 300-500PPFD and outer.

What that means is you can fit more than a 1000W HPS/MH inside a tent, but due to size/heat limitations, it's not really possible. But with LEDs, you can.

krunchbubble

Veteran
These plants should of been chopped last week, going to chop at the beginning of next week...

Since I use Drip Clean and am flushing, they are started to fade hard starting with the fan leaves...

krunchbubble

Veteran
My Opinion on Starlite LED's...

Ive grown for many years, with many kinds of lighting technologies and have always felt like I wasted a lot of money and time. I was one of the first people to buy a Plasma light in 1995 that cost thousands of dollars and couldn't grow a blade of grass, needed a electrician to install and was just an all out scam if you ask me...

LED's have always looked down upon because we all know how much they cost, the plants grow weird and the yield is just horrific. Am im sure everyone remembers LEDGIRL, who scammed hella people on ICMAG because her/him lights were complete and utter bullshit...

I contacted Starlite because they advertised on ICMAG and a bit local to me. When I was invited to their location, I was just in awe at everything going on. ALL their patents for LED technologies, embossed on gold plaques, mounted on the wall is pretty cool to see.

Their light testing room looked state of the art, I noticed BLM Spiders, Gavitas and SS 1000 watt light systems being tested. Some space age looking unit in the middle of a checker pattern room held a LED fixture, it looked like it was being tested as well...

As grouwmau5 told me "They are TRUE innovators in LED technology, And not just another company assembling parts and hyping it as revolutionary."...

I am convinced that their LED technology in on the cusp of being PERFECT for everyday growers and commercial applications....

I think they are GREAT for everyday growers and commercial growers and people should not be afraid to invest in these lights. They WILL save you tons of money, you will notice right away with the AC not being on. After a year add all the savings, its going to be shocking im sure. AND remember, no new bulbs for 10 years...

I cannot say anything about the yield just yet. I realize they are not huge. I CAN say the bud are rock hard, and the quality is just ridiculous. Definitely minimum a pound of tops, no larf...

I DO have to disclaim that I was NOT paid or GIVEN any equipment for this grow. I was given the same discount that was offered on ICMAG....

Latest posts

Latest posts