What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kristalon + Calcinit ratio's

Dkgrower

Veteran
do you mix the 2 products when you make the stock solution or do you feed from 2 different tanks.

How do you go about the S and Ca ions in solution together in your fts or other hydroponic system ?

Hottish

do you mix the 2 products when you make the stock solution or do you feed from 2 different tanks.

How do you go about the S and Ca ions in solution together in your fts or other hydroponic system ?

Think of any A & B base nutes , that's what your Yara stock solutions are

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
i use blue & scarlet with coco, theres a touch too much nh4+ in blue for my liking but it helps keep the ph stable in the medium witch is great when using tap with medium to high alkalinity
need to get calcinit but havent never had calmag deff.. due to using tap water...
but want to change to RO so calcinit is a must
i just mix the salts each time i top up the res, i dont make a stock solution, just as easy and less that can go wrong imo.
1.2 - 1.6 EC in Flower is as high as i go... less is more and like Billy Liar mentioned. less is more!!
I think it all depends on the system and the water you are running but they work really well, i will never go back to bottled nutes!

nuttso

Just wondering if anyone using two tank feed systems with yara kristalon and calcinit would mind sharing their recipes..<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
<br />
Peace<br />
BL
<br />
<br />

Can you please share the ratios your friend uses for Haze? Cause i see it is alot of n in my plants. I'm working with the Hy-Pro Cut. 10 weeker. Bumped her to 1.4 ec in main flower. Final Product was OK. But not near the quality of some hybrid i growed with just 1:1 ratios calci/krista.

week / kristaBrown / Calci / EC Tap water EC was 0,7 (mostly camg)

1. week 100:100 1,1
  2. week 100:100 1,2
  3. week 100:90 1,2
  4. week 100:80 1,2
  5. week 100:80 1,3
  6. week 100:70 1,4
  7. week 100:50 1,4
  8. week 100:50 1,4
  9. week 100:20 1,4
  10. week 100:20 1,2

nuttso

Yes Kristalon Brown 3-11-38 and Yara Calcinit 15.5 - 0 - 0 - 26.5 (CaO)

I mixed 500g KB in 5 liter distilled and 500g CAlCI in 5 Liter destilled. And worked the ratios from there.

nuttso

I just noticed that me2 said in this thread that you have to use 4 liter mix the salt and top up till you have 5.

Hmm

Me2

you want exactly 5L when its fully dissolved. If you add 5L of water + 500g of salts you`ll have a weaker stock solution.

Billy Liar

Yes you're making a solution containing the amount of salts. Different salts displace a different amount of water. So for exact dosing you want a volume of solution containing a known amount of salt. Ie, a 5L (volunme) solution containing 500g (amount) of salt.
Therefore 10ml of stock contains 1 gram of salt.

A final solution which you feed your plants containing 1g/L of calcinit will give 155 mg/L of N + any N in tap water.
A final solution containing 0.5g/L will give 77.25mg/L+ N from tap. If my mental arithmetic is anything to go by lol... But that's how to dose accurately using concentrates. Another way is to add the salts directly to your tank and weigh them every time. Concentrates take out the weighing as a measure is easier to dose accurately especially for micronutrients.

I've learned a hell of a lot since I started this thread lol....

Peace
BL

nuttso

Hi guys,

thx for the reply's. I'm still working on the math with these mg/l ratios. I know, at the end you wan't to know what is the mg per liter in your tank. In example N.

Billy,

can you tell me the ratios you got from your friend that uses this nutes combo with haze? I noticed that my plant was really green at week 4. First 3 weeks was ok, than at week 4 it startet to green up at the same EC it was before. Maybe this is where she stops producing leaves and focuses on the buds. It really seems strain dependent how to use these nutes.

Another question i got is how to interpret leaf analysis. There is another forum where they talk about sap analysis. This sounds really nice, but how do you know what your plants need just by the SAP? If you don't have results that can be compared?

Billy Liar

I can't remember off the top of my head. But its very low in N for haze and his tap water is really good at 0.2ec.

I've made a spreadsheet to do the maths re mg/l I use it because I now mix salts from scratch as my tap water wasn't working with kristalon and caclinit, far too much calcium. So now I have to bring N from other salts than calcium nitrate.

I think for a final solution something like 0.8g/L kristalon and 0.5g/L calcinit is close to what my mate uses. But I will.check as I have it recorded exactly somewhere.

Peace
BL

nuttso

Thx Billy,

I too have too much Ca in my tap. A friend of mine cut's his water with reverse osmosis down to 0.3 and adds in the first weeks Mg to 0.4. And the grow seems better than mine. But for what i know, it is really hard to overdose Ca. It is an antoganist to P but only in very concentrated form. Damn. There is alot of info on calculating the mg/l, but i don't have the time right now. And it really doesn't work with commercial nutrients like canna, cause they only provide you with MINIMAL analysis. You have to reverse enginer them so you really got to know what is in there.

As i though, he uses less N than i used. Does he use it at this rate in the whole flower cycle, or does he cut N as he comes into later stages? Hope you can help me wooth the exact ratios. No problem for me to cut my water so i have it at 0.2 prior to mixing.

thx my friend

peace

Billy Liar

0.8333 gr/L Kristalon Brown
0.5 gr/L Calcinit
Final solution.

N tapers off completly by the end and water only for final weeks. 100 days flower. Haze hybrids.

Peace
BL

Me2

Good to see you switched to using g/L measurements, much easier to understand and replicate in that format. Multiply the g/L by 10 and that`s how much stock solution you need to add in ml per L of res.

Billy Liar

Nomenclature hey lol...

I was calling it ppm then offered my spreadsheet to another grower who questioned if the ppm was mg/L well of course it is lol.. So yes I now work to w/v expressed as either gr/L or mg/L..

Peace
BL

juzsumguy

I recently saw these ferts at a special shop here in germany. then i filled in the yara mkp 0-52-34 into my spreadsheet and decided from now on this will be my only pk booster (@ 3,95€/kg).
Then i noticed this thread here about kristalon and calcinit and remembered i read that somewhere. I'm seriously thinking if all my bottles are empty to use the Yara ferts which come dirt cheap.

Also i don't understand why everyone is prediluting the fertilizer. Just add the appropriate ammount based on the tank size without premixing bottles.

Thinkin of using a kristalon base with or wo Calcinit and mkp as a pk supplement beginning week 4. Together with a 80% fulvic granulate.

btw guys there are some new Yara products.

I really dig the Kristalon Red Calcium. Seems to me you would only need that + mkp or super phosphate.

Other new products which make P more available in high ph tanks; Kristalon Vega and Kristalon Gena.

This is fe Kristalon Red Calcium @ 1g/L + Tap Water/RO Water at 50/50 + 0,2g Epsom per Liter

Nitrogen (N): 114
Phosphor (P2O5): 49,5051
Pottassium (K): 199,2336
Magnesium (Mg): 34
Sulfur (S): 11
Calcium (Ca): 102,5
Iron (Fe): 0,7005
Boron (B): 0,2505
Manganese (Mn): 0,4005
Zinc (Z): 0,25
Molybdenum (Mo): 0,04
Sodium (Na): 0
Copper (Cu): 0,1
Silicon (Si): 3,3
Chlorid (Cl): 12,5
Cobalt (Co): 0
Selenium (Se): 0
Nickel (Ni): 0
Fulvic & Humic Acids: 0
Triacontanol: 0
Other: 4,2
Organic Carbon: 0,305
Calculated Total: 533,2852

Last edited:

Me2

Stock solutions are more convenient than constantlyweighing chems :) Although kristalon is likely to be fairly homogenous, adding a small weight isnt the same as a concentrated stock solution, unless its a single chemical. Adding 10ml from a 2500L stock solution made with an entire 25kg sack to 1L of water will yield considerably more accurate results than adding 1g from the 25kg sack :)

Billy Liar

Juzsumguy,

Be careful and check yara's literature as kristalon red may or may not be suitable for your chosen method. It's worth looking at what the total N is comprised of.

I would like to see your spreadsheet, and compare to the one I've made ;).

Me2,
I am mixing salts my self from singles so there's no real issues with adding them direct to the tank in their raw salt form. This is great for mixing a large res but for adding back to correct EC in a recirculating system that has a fresh water top off, a stock solution is by far more accurate/manageable/convenient..

Peace
BL

juzsumguy

I actually once worked for Yara. Granted i was only a student then and all i did was put magnesium tubes into a saw thingy.

Well Yara is very near to where i live. I mailed them and asked what i wanted to know. Red Calcium seems a ok to me. Also Yara Vega and Gena looks cool but the Red should be enough.

Fair point with the small amounts about the mixing. Havent thought about that. But, since i will almost always mix 20-30 l i always need like 8-30g of all the different salts i think.

But i want to give this a go. The Micros have the same ratios as in Canna. And with a little trickery you get your Cal + Mag the way you want.

I want to use this stuff:
Roots:
Acadian Marina Power (high purity kelp usable for drip application 26 € kg) @ 0,05-0,3g/L
Humintech WSP 80+ (fulvic acid 13€ kg) @ 0,05 - 0,1 g/L

Base + extra Cal
Kristalon Calcium Red (4€ for 1 kg) @ 0,6-1,0 g/L application
Yara CalCinit (4€ for 1kg) @ 0,1-0,4g/L application
Espom Salt as extra Mag supply for Coco

P+Ca Boost or P-K Booster in bloom
Yara Superphosphate (3€ 1kg) @ 0,1-0,4 g/L
Yara Monopottasiumphosphate (4€ 1kg) @ 0,1-0,3 g/L

Bio P5 Enzymes (8€) @ 0,1g/L

then just a plain silicon product. and Triacontanol in veg and start to mid bloom

With all this i can emulate nearly any line up, npk wise. I get beneficials, surfactants, aminos and stuff from the fulvics and the kelp.

Depending on how much i use of the red and calcinit together with the p or pk products it seems to me i can do what i want. i tried lots of combos they all look a-ok. Well in theory in my sheet at least.

Hmmh, i spent around 500€ a year for ferts, no thing really. But besides that all this Yara shit would mean, like 50€ for two years it seems to me it gives even more control cause i know really exactly what is in my mix to the T. So after all my other shit here is gone i order all the above and use em.

Can i upload a excel here? then i would share my mobilecalculator. i gotz it on my mobile and tablet. It only has Canna Coco Line in it, Sensi grow + bloom and now all the above products + a few more from Yara. So you guys could fool around.

Or can i post a link to a file hoster the i upload it there.

post above was a veg mix.
all g/L
after stretch:
Marine Power 0,2
Fulvital 0,05
Calcinit 0,1
Mpk 0,3
Red Ca 0,7
epsom 0,3

with tap for me that equals

Nitrogen (N): 102,7
Phosphor (P2O5): 111,691016
Pottassium (K): 227,126304
Magnesium (Mg): 41,78
Sulfur (S): 21,22
Calcium (Ca): 133,76
Iron (Fe): 0,491
Boron (B): 0,176
Manganese (Mn): 0,281
Zinc (Z): 0,175
Molybdenum (Mo): 0,028
Sodium (Na): 5
Copper (Cu): 0,07
Silicon (Si): 6,6
Chlorid (Cl): 14
Fulvic & Humic Acids: 40
Other: 8,4
Organic Carbon: 0,61
Calculated Total: 722,10832
Calculated EC: 1,44421664

sligtly more pk less N:

Marine Power 0,1
Fulvital 0,05
Calcinit 0,1
Mpk 0,5
Red Ca 0,5
epsom 0,3

with tap

Nitrogen (N): 79,6
Phosphor (P2O5): 148,000328
Pottassium (K): 242,234852
Magnesium (Mg): 39,18
Sulfur (S): 20,22
Calcium (Ca): 125,24
Iron (Fe): 0,351
Boron (B): 0,126
Manganese (Mn): 0,201
Zinc (Z): 0,125
Molybdenum (Mo): 0,02
Sodium (Na): 2,5
Copper (Cu): 0,05
Silicon (Si): 6,6
Chlorid (Cl): 25
Fulvic & Humic Acids: 40
Other: 8,4
Organic Carbon: 0,61
Calculated Total: 735,45818
Calculated EC: 1,47091636

end of bloom even less n more k to harden shit need to find a good potash. but basicly skip calcinit at this point and do alittle more k. after that you can lower all cause you should only have 2-3 weeks left in your bllom

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts