What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kristalon + Calcinit ratio's

Me2

Me2,
I am mixing salts my self from singles so there's no real issues with adding them direct to the tank in their raw salt form. This is great for mixing a large res but for adding back to correct EC in a recirculating system that has a fresh water top off, a stock solution is by far more accurate/manageable/convenient..

Peace
BL

I wasnt knocking it :) Its not as much of an issue with Yara as they mill a lot of their dry mixes so they are well integrated. If you have a premixed dry nute that resembles multicolored gravel, its best to use the whole bag to make up the stock ;)

Billy Liar

Hi juzsumguy,

I say check with Yara, as some compound mixes are not suited for water culture (nft etc...). I think brown scarlet orange and maybe red are, but I can't remember.

The results your sheet kicks out look a lot like what my sheet kicks out lol.. Not sure if xl files can work here or not? I don't mind sharing my xl sheet either.. I made to help me learn and understand. But now I use it to calculate mg/L of elements from altering g/L of individual salts or compounds. I'm no expert with nutrient mixing but am forced by water quality to adapt!

Me2,

Didn't think you were knocking it lol... Just agreeing that direct addition of single elements/chemicals is more reliable/accurate using weight than compound salt blends as you said...

Still a lot to learn...

Peace
BL

juzsumguy

upon further examination:

Yara is an international company which works with a lot of univerities here in Germany and agrar state agencies. So quality control is quiet high, imo.

All granulates are pretty homogenous. Only think not maybe the Kristalon but i expect it to be fairly good mixed. And again i mix always 2ß-50 l at once so even small amounts add up. For organic based shit or unpure mixes i think your right, but without having any of the products here im pretty sure i will be good.

I already read up on the Yara site. All those ferts are highly water soluble and suitable for irrigation systems. Only think you have to take in account is some kristolon stuff is more alkaline some more acidic. Gena and Vega ferts even have ph stabilizing elemts in them.

So as long as it is water soluble (check), suitable for drip irrigation (check) has a good quality purity (check) its all good. Rest is up to you to know what npk profile you need for your system nft and so on.

I use Coco so like i mentioned Red Ca with the rest of the before mentioned products should be quiet ok. We will see, but i will defenatly check this after my bottles are empty.

BTW.

Yara has an android app, called imageit. You make a photo of your leaves, and he analyses that and tells you if you have enough N in your crop. You have 5 free analyses you can make. Maybe someone wants to give this a go.

Billy Liar

Too much ammoniacal nitrogen won't do many favours for a hydroponic plant AFAIK. In certain ratios to nitrate it can have a pH stabilising effect from my many readings. I seem to remember Vega and gena range not being suitable for my growing methods.

It will certainly be interesting to hear how the red and/or Vega/gena ranges work for you. I wanted to try kristalon yellow as a presoak for rockwool. The high P would give a great root boost upon transplant. But I ruled it out as not being listed for hydroponics. Knowing the make up of the total N would give a bit of insight there..

Peace
BL

juzsumguy

it's all on their website. and i think in any shop i saw these in. Nitrate to Ammonium Concentration is listed, also urea but thats only used in some of them.

http://www.yara.de/pflanzenernaehru...ukte/voll-wasserlosliche-kristalon-nahrsalze/

as far as not listed for hydroponics, yeah well its for agricultural uses or big greenhouses. i dont know if they define this as hydroponics. but, kristalon are all fully soluble and highly chelated from what i read up on it. so i think if you know what npk profile you want these seem to be good chemical ferts.

yeah i know you need to watch for the type of N. To be honest i will hackle onlyornamental to tell me which he thinks is best suited, but again i like the Red + Ca.

from yara bout red Ca:
suitable for drip irrigation,
made for soft water
can be combined with calcinit for higher N content

about vega/gena:
new "P" chelation method
makes P available even in high ph conditions
makes other micros more available, mg, ca
stops clogging in drip irrigation (cleaning effect)
can be combined with calcinit

Billy Liar

Kristalon RED
3146-red-Kristalon main image
12% Total nitrogen
10.1% nitric nitrogen
1,9% ammonium nitrogen 12% neutralammoncitratlösliches and water-soluble phosphate 12% water-soluble phosphate 36% water-soluble potassium oxide 1% MgO water-soluble magnesium containing all micronutrients - Kristalon Red is with his N: P: K ratio of 1: 1:. 3 particularly suitable for use during the generative growth phase.

Sounds similar to kristalon brown with extra N, I can't see any issues.

Peace
BL

Edit: I should add that I've used kristalon orange with good results too....

Me2

the red doesnt contain any iron, apart from that the trace element profile is the same as orange and brown (type 3)

juzsumguy

eyo, i just spoke to a represantive from Yara.

I once worked for them as a student in my spare time. My cousin hooked me the job. So, yesterday i called my cousin. He's still in the plant in my town.
And i'm like i really would like to speak to someone from your firm. So i just got a call from them.

Yara is a big ingredient supplier for nearly all european Nutrient brands for Cannabis, just a few names that got dropped to me were: Canna, H+G and Hesi. They supply them with salts (Kristalon, MKP, MAP, ...). All that the nute firms do is add these salts to their feed systems or mix the shit by hand. So he couldn't give me recipes but he name dropped a few of their customers to me unoffically.

So yeah, i will use Yara shit from now on. Supplemented with fulvics and kelp this will be the same as if i buy canna or h+g, just for a fraction of the cost. even though that's not even the main thing. Best of all you exactly know what you are mixing, no hidden ingredients or guesswork what you use anymore.

Me2

Ahh figured you were but wasnt sure. I was going to recommend the solufeed Fe and chelates as good ones but theres no need if your already using them :)

Billy Liar

Dejex has become my new grow shop.. Although I don't have to shop with them very often as the value of feed is so much better than your average growshop lol... :)

I'll hit you up by pm mate.

Peace
BL

Me2

Aye, but thats EDTA which is neither use nor ornament so it doesnt count :)

Attachments

• ktistalon.JPG
    ktistalon.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 118

juzsumguy

thx for clearing that up, didn't knew that. handy pic btw, i grabbed that onto my desktop.

ok, so maybe i need to do something about iron than later on when i buy these. i still need to empty some sensi and canna bottles and a huge bottle of bloombastic. but then i will ride the yara train, probably around june july i think and leave all the empty promises and snake poils behind which i trusted until now.

just for shit and giggles, i added price calculations to my sheet. so my current setup, is like 2,40€ for a 30l tank. (sensi @ 2,5 ml, epsom, bloombastic @ 0,3 ml, rhizotonic @ 0,5ml).
now Kristalon red, Calcinit, Marine Power and Fulvital WSP 80 is 0,34 € for a 30l tank. i dont need to save on ferts really, but the difference is so big that i can pay for 3-4 months of energy costs from the savings.

nuttso

Hey there,

nice to have some folks on this thread again.

juzsumguy you have a really nice mix of nutrients that you are planning to use. Very nice and similar to what i do. Düngerexperte, hihi. I'm from germany too. Anyway you are missing something really benefical. Yucca. It changes the tension of the water, acts as a chelator and feeds microbes. As for silicon. Only go with Aptus Regulator or Gena200. They are different forms of si. It's available in acid form to the plants. No other Si products work like this. Don't have to put it in your tank. Works even better in Foliar. As far as carcadian brown algea, i use this too. But i found something better. Phosphoderma. It's a mix of humic, algea, thrichoderma (p absorbation thrichoderma). Fantastic stuff. If you than manage to incooperate Microbe Life Energie Photosynthesis Plus as a foliar. You are 100% on the track. But it is a bit tricky. The microbes in PP are capable of fixing N from the air. But it is KILLER stuff.

Kristalon brown
Calcinit
Yucca Schildegera
Phospoderma
Photosynthese Plus
Regulator or Gena200 (only first 3 weeks)
Fulvital (not more than 40 mg/l final solution, but depends on chelates in the base mix and other used chelates as amino)
No Mycos. (Thrichoderma will eat them)

I will write some thoughs later. Thx for all the replies guys.

Peace and stay safe

Latest posts

Latest posts