What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kozmo's World

BigBozat

Somewhere along the line, Koz, you had an as-yet-unformed Q in re: worms/EWC...

Don't know what you were thinking exactly (I might have missed it elsewhere in the thread)... but in the meantime, FWIW:

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/aess/2010/816073/#B59

How deep are your beds going to be?

Also, heard u had a light bulb moment on the mom room... what's the back of the napkin drawing look like?

Namaste

BigBozat

BigBozat

This paper says floral waste/compost (FW) makes a better substrate for earthworms to play in than vegetable waste/compost (VW)...

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/aess/2010/967526/

... and that Perionyx excavatus (Indian blues) is a more productive worm species for EWC fecundity than some others...

Although... if you're worms are going outside, you'll a species more cold tolerant. The blues will only survive in your clime inside.

Kozmo

Veteran
Ohhh, BigBozat, I can see my invite for knowledge has you leaving me fat.

Though not a whisper can be said until the soil is right and the worms are fed.
I have a solid foundation which you have read! Proven methods which Clacky Coots said.

Yes it's just that simple says a guy named TM. The science has been done so no need to pretend.
You don't have to be MAd, crazy, or out of your head. Just stick with what works, like Ol' Dank Frank said. It's the BAS way which I've chosen as such. Living organics without a crutch.

You can travel far into the reaches of IC. Scouring huge bud shots from growers for free. Seeking that trail through the pass of no end. To find yourself in bud heaven with a smoked out head. Oh, I've been there, heard the echoes of pro's and the constant on slot of the rookie that knows. With more posts then they have days on the join date calendar, they regurgitate half eaten, no good knowledge, strained out through there "stoner" colander.

Oh BigBo, Oh BigBo, thanks for lighten my fire. I'll leave you with a pic that your sure to desire. It's one of adventure and travels beyond. It took old Kozmo to a night with a blonde. Oh the smoke was good and the beer was great. They called it AssCrack! And it kicked my ass for Christ sake!

BigBozat

LMFAO & ROTFL

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
nicholson_2662619b.jpg

This what happens when you don't disguise the door to the mom closet well enough

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
The happanens since since the absanans

The happanens since since the absanans

Lets start off with a HydroGrow LED update. It's growing weed thats for sure. You be the judge. Week six of a noobs first grow. It's the Pakistan Chitral Kush by Cannobiogen.

Heres a couple with that LED off

I have a PCK clone in the cabinet. I've been training it to grow horizontally. It's been doing okay. Started a little yellowing from the bottom. I'll be foliar feeding it a botanical tea for lunch tomorrow. I'll spread that foliar around to the Holy Rhodi's and the Haze x Bikers as well. There looking good but from what I can tell it won't hurt.

Now onto the Holy Rhodi's. There looking good. Cover crop is in full effect.

Kozmo

Veteran
Bo?! Is Obi's eye's reder than usual and he seems to have changed his Quote. How long has this been going on? I step pout for a minute...

I have lots of reading to do my friend. Haven't gotten to the blue worms yet. My worm guy uses the small reds. I'm sure He'll raise some blues for me though. Or I could get off my lazy ass and do it myself. I believe TMster once wrote on his thread it was one of the largest expenses in this form of growing.

Focusing on this under the steps MOM build at the moment though.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...qKlWZ0PBCNz0ovgw7D2yqijQ&ust=1427695150411162

Kind of like that on the end but like this on the side.
http://cdn.instructables.com/FZR/JOR1/HJKC4XTC/FZRJOR1HJKC4XTC.LARGE.jpg

http://cdn.instructables.com/F89/N6DF/HJKBXB6L/F89N6DFHJKBXB6L.LARGE.jpg

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
Until Then I believe I'm going to have to make a bed of small mothers to clone from. My height in the cabinet isn't going to cut it. The development of this MOM bed will be an ongoing adventure I'm sure.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Lookin good in here Kozmo!

Don't hesitate to cut back the cover crops if they get too tall, just don't go too short or it'll stunt the growth of the grass. Kinda like mowing the lawn... same principals apply :tiphat:

Former Guest

Well maybe they want different nutrients? What if ones a heavy feeder while one is N sensitive? Or perhaps the size of mums is easier contained in smaller containers? Or how about if he plans on saving his genetics, they would share pest issues. Or what about roots from different strains competing with each other?

Well he definitely will be the first person to grow different mums in the same bed instead of smarties like everyone else. That's another point. All these big guys growing forever and not once have I heard of a mother bed. Probably good reason too.

Kozmo

Veteran
They'll all be haze x bikers in there. The same pheno also. It's to replace having to keep a large mother. Just until the build is over.

Former Guest

What are you going to do with them after that? Bloom them out? Attempt to transplant them into something different? Are you only keeping that one strain cause I thought you had others? Why do you want to put them in a bed when most people keep them in large seperate containers? If height is an issue, wouldn't it be better to keep them in a smaller container? They'll start growing even bigger. That's why the Cali growers want those 800 gallons and think their 400 gallons can't compare?!?!

I have known you for a while Kozmo, and you're a good person, but sometimes you make things so complicated.

Kozmo

Veteran
When did I "askhole" your advice on what size containers I should keep my Mom(s) in? You might be a little confused. Ill be taking the cuts off of the ones growing in the bed.

I only have three strains in my possession. The PCK which I grabbed just to start getting my feet wet. The Holy Rhodi's someone gifted to me to test them out. Ill put them outside and probably won't ever see them again(unless I left them pollinate each other). And the Haze x Biker, which finding the pheno I would like is going to take the longest time I'm guessing. But with a little help, luck, and patiantce I'm hoping to find her and start dialing her in to the style I have envisioned for myself. Hope you understand where I'm coming from. I know sometimes I come accross unclear. To tell you the truth before IC I never participated in computer communication past emails back and forth from my attorney. Lol. Yep no Facebook for me.

Kozmo

Veteran
Oh, the shallowness is the key cuz yes the head room is short. It's in that cabinet I built in the begging of the thread. I hope they do grow large by the way. That way maybe ill get a couple more cuts off of them. Thanks for all the questions though! It really has grown my confidance in the AWSOME idea I came up with to tackle my lack of having a mother chamber.