What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kozmo's World

Former Guest

You go Kozmo :)

The Askhole is my signature. It wasn't a post or comment towards you. You just post what you're going to do without explaining it all the way.

Kozmo

Veteran
I have been known to be out there. Hence the name ""Kozmo". I guess I should have spelled it with a "C" but that would make to much sense and I would be caught up in a catch 22 or something like that... I'm confusing myself. GTG. Peace

BigBozat

Until Then I believe I'm going to have to make a bed of small mothers to clone from. My height in the cabinet isn't going to cut it. The development of this MOM bed will be an ongoing adventure I'm sure.

Is the bed already made or... ??? If not yet, then...

Who'd a thunk? More construction projects. LOL

Oh, give me a nail and a hammer,
And a picture to hang on the wall.
And give me a strong step ladder,
'cuz you know that I might fall!

And give me a couple of waiters
And a barrel of good ol' draft ale...
And I betcha I hang up that picture...
If someone will drive the nail!

The extent of my construction skills/expertise is well characterized above.
Accordingly, you can expect all sorts of useful insights coming from this side of the peanut gallery. *snort*

Dimensions?
Design?

If height is a constraint, there is something to the idea of limiting the total volume area of the roots.
Roughly, all else being equal, more space for the roots to grow = greater vertical height.

How to keep 'em 'small', if their roots are unconstrained, is the Q?

Minimize distance from light source/maximize light intensity.
:scripture:

DIF method... it works :yes: :good:
(i.e., minimize difference between daytime/nighttime temps, or even raise night temps above daytime (if feasible)... or do a 'cold pulse' early morning)

Topping. FIMing. LST.
:yes:

Segment the bed into smaller, self-contained sections?
[Recall earlier disclaimer in re: garden bed (or any other) construction]

Water/Nute dep?
:noway:

:edit:
PGRs?
(no, not paclo & chlormequat or whatnot...
... thinkin' more like auxin/cytokinin ratio manipulation via seaweed/kelp foliars, coconut water, SSTs, etc. to counter apical dominance and encourage lateral branching {basically, FIMing/topping, without having to pinch anything off}

Last edited:

BigBozat

Bo?! Is Obi's eye's reder than usual and he seems to have changed his Quote. How long has this been going on? I step pout for a minute...

I have lots of reading to do my friend. Haven't gotten to the blue worms yet. My worm guy uses the small reds. I'm sure He'll raise some blues for me though. Or I could get off my lazy ass and do it myself. I believe TMster once wrote on his thread it was one of the largest expenses in this form of growing.

Focusing on this under the steps MOM build at the moment though.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...qKlWZ0PBCNz0ovgw7D2yqijQ&ust=1427695150411162

Kind of like that on the end but like this on the side.
http://cdn.instructables.com/FZR/JOR1/HJKC4XTC/FZRJOR1HJKC4XTC.LARGE.jpg

http://cdn.instructables.com/F89/N6DF/HJKBXB6L/F89N6DFHJKBXB6L.LARGE.jpg

I wouldn't worry about Indian blues, too much... if your local source has species that work in your area, tres bien... I have read the blues can be cold intolerant.

I need to go re-read your links... but I'm always for secret doors.

BigBozat

I'm really bad at judging dimensions from pics... but, even w/ shallow bed depth, assuming a cool LED 6" ~ 8" from tops, it looks like a tight fit...

So what do A13xBiker moms grow to in the time frame you expect to keep them in the bed?
(I shall go check @ Karma's site)

Team Microbe

Veteran
Well maybe they want different nutrients? What if ones a heavy feeder while one is N sensitive? Or perhaps the size of mums is easier contained in smaller containers? Or how about if he plans on saving his genetics, they would share pest issues. Or what about roots from different strains competing with each other?

Well he definitely will be the first person to grow different mums in the same bed instead of smarties like everyone else. That's another point. All these big guys growing forever and not once have I heard of a mother bed. Probably good reason too.

That's a myth actually, the plants will uptake what they need if given a balanced mix teaming with life. They will store nutrients they need for the long haul, and humus will absorb excess NPK if he chooses to no-till (which I hope you are Kozmo!). No worries to be had!

Define "compete"...

It would be worse if he had all of the same moms in that bed because if you put a camera in the medium and watched how far the roots expanded, they wouldn't stretch into each other's space and would remain small. I saw a documentary where they ran a side by side to test this theory and it showed to be correct - the plants of the same pheno will be considerate to their brothers/sisters while different strains won't hesitate to stretch out and get comfortable. Just because roots intermingle doesn't mean the plants will be stressed or will have to "compete" with anything... this is what happens in nature and it's biomimicking to the tee.

I think you should type out your comments and save them until you're done with your monthly visit, then go back and see if what you said was really what you wanted to say. Should we just take what you say at the end of the month with a grain of salt for now on? I bet with a bowl pack of some properly cured herb would help your anger issues too... chill out LLB! You've been bitching everyone out lately including myself, we don't appreciate it :tiphat:

Kozmo

Veteran
Oh, the beds we make. Now, before we lay in them.

Oh, the beds we make. Now, before we lay in them.

LLB - Do not come onto my thread and call one of my friends a bitch. Even if she likes it. She could take it the wrong way and I want all positive vibes here in "Kozmo's World". Please, and thank you. LLB - Don't mind LLB I've known her long enough to know when the moon is half full or more she can be any of the above:... well I started to write the list and was well into it when an admin burst into my reply thread and said it was best if I just said "complicated".

FiddlersGreen - Welcome to the show. Congrats on your 50 post(that is if this is your first time here on IC, well congrats any way.)! Funny comment about the hydro. It made my head quirk like a dogs goes cockeyed and I laughed. Good Question! Welcome to the show again my friend!

BIGBO, what do you know. Rubermaid maid me something so my flowers could grow.

And check out this little clone box. I liked it cuz it's front access panel.

NO MORE PROJECTS. JUST WANT TO GROW SOME GRASS.

yeah right... lol

"Hammer and Nail" I like it!

The Dimensions are 3'w x 18"d x 6.5"h I'll probably leave 1.5"'s from the top to leave room for barley straw, topdressing's, and ... I dont know I'm sure theres something else.

Minimizing distance - Done; my T5's are adjustable.
Temps - Done; my lights are 24/7 constant temp of 74-78 Degrees RH 55-65%

Topping - Will do. Thats where I'll get the next set of clones from, I figure.

Segment; Not going to do it. I want them growing simbionicly(I chopped that up). They will be growing that way in the raised bed after all. Make sense?

PGR's - don't know what that is but my watering regiment will be something like this:

1st Watering
-Pureed Sprouts (I use barley seed)
-10 ml FulPower
-5 ml Agsil16H (potassium silicate)

2nd & 4th Waterings
-Water only

3rd Watering
-1/4 cup coconut water
-1/4 tsp Aloe Vera powder
-5 ml Agsil16H

*Biweekly I add 1/2 tsp per gal of TM-7 (humic acids)

*I'll brew a compost tea every 4 weeks or if I forget to water and pots dry out too much.

As far as your comment Bo on #288. The shallow beds are for my cabinet. I can veg these girls out to a little over a foot or so in the cabinet. Under MY stairs I could grow a few trees. Those are just random pics from the internet to get my head wrapped around my project.

Don't know to much about them. Not to many people do. there a 11 week strain or something like that. I'm a pioneer.

Hi TM- Yes! no Till!
Thats kool to know about that documentary you watched. Big help in the confo department.

In all seriousness LLB, it would be kool if you did pheno hunts and strain hunts for that matter on smoke that helped with whatever you may have going on(I'm not saying you do just reading what you've wrote about yourself). Not to many woman on here but us guys that grow for our ladies could get much props for helping a girl out with; cramps, mood swings, and twenty other problems I ignore when I'm being complained to. Just saying that WOULD be kool.

sorry if not grammerized correctly

Thanks for ALL the visits.

Much Respect

Former Guest

I said earlier in the thread the same thing about plants. Certain soil mixes can burn like subcools super shit soil. I think with the right recipe it will work the way you say it will. But you can't dump loads of blood meal or alfalfa with out burning. Even cootz eliminated the alfalfa from the soil mix to lessen N.

As far as my monthly visit, just because I get frustrated does not mean those feelings aren't real, or caused by pms, or whatever. Those feelings are amplified; not fake.

Compete? Watch the symphony of the soil and actually read posts on my threads and I won't bitch when I repeat myself.

I'm a little confused with the LLB part but I think I know you're not addressing me?

Kozmo

Veteran
Cabinet

Cabinet

I took all my younglings out for the foliar and to trim down the companions at lunch today and cleaned out the cabinet. Before and after

Kozmo

Veteran
I also have a blunt seed in my midst.

I also have a blunt seed in my midst.

Heres a pick of a seed I pulled out of a blunt(which I prefer not to smoke from). I'm actually more of a corn cob man but in my business blunts fly around a lot.

After that theres a couple picks of the three Haze x Bikers. The one in the middle fell off the bench and had to get repotted. It doesn't look tooo good. Hope the foliar helps.

The one that fell has two pics of it. one in each pick of the H X B's
The one without the straw is the blunt(bag) seed.

Kozmo

Veteran
So no one said my buds were shameful for 6 weeks but no one said they were impressed. So I need some feedback. scale of 1-10
1 being shit and ten bein killin it. How's it looking for me? I'm thinking around a 6 from what I've seen here on IC. It's my firt time in flower so just curious. Only have two weeks left.

Former Guest

If you can go all the way through flower with no fuck ups, you can improve quickly. They look really healthy Kozmo. I would pat yourself on the back. Look at environmental fixes or whatever the big guys say can improve. But I think they look great :) you've come a long way!

Team Microbe

Veteran
^ Ya I agree, you've already come a long way my friend. Respect!!

The Holy Rhodi's are lookin great btw, I just popped 40 of em to hunt from so I'm not too far behind ya with those. The AG13 haze x Bikers are popped and lookin good btw, I'll take pics in a few weeks when they get bigger but I've got high hopes for these babies :dance013:

Kozmo

Veteran
If you can go all the way through flower with no fuck ups, you can improve quickly. They look really healthy Kozmo. I would pat yourself on the back. Look at environmental fixes or whatever the big guys say can improve. But I think they look great :) you've come a long way!

I've had my RH drop to 30% 3-4 times for 12 hours or so. Remind me of some fuck ups. Seriously, do you mean in general? I know a more consistent watering schedule could be in order. I also have not used sprouted seeds yet either. Which BAS has as a thing to do during flower. Thanks! BTW

Team Microbe

Veteran
Consistency isn't the goal with watering schedules, diversity in every way shape and form is highly encouraged! You'd be surprised how much your plants grow overnight after a SST application... I dare you to use one.