What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kit Kat's Kalichakra Coco Grow Show (1st time!)

Kit Kat

Day 8, took about 5 days for them to break surface, and it's been 3 since then. Watered lightly with 1.1ml Roots Excelurator yesterday, waiting for them to get goin' here. All the seeds except one came up, including the two freebies.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
lookin good man. cant wait til they blow up to proper size. im right where you are. waiting on my damn seeds to take off

Kit Kat

Thanks ya'll. This whole waiting-on-seeds thing is a bit of a drag, but hey, it'll be worth it!

Here's a few pics from a couple days ago. Unfortunately I've overwatered them (as of last night) and they're all obviously looking droopy and unhappy. Maybe it's time to cull out the best 9 (so far) and transplant them into the 2g Airpots with Coco? The clear cups have visible white roots running down the sides and starting to curl around the bottom already. They aren't thick but I could carefully ease it all out of there to put into a new pot.

The ICMag Appreciation Station:

Something I was screwing around with... this has been set up for a few days now, mainly just playing with the heat controls and whatnot, but I noticed that the CO2 PPM typically sits at like, <100 unless I'm in there working, and then it'll creep up into the 300s. Is that normal? I thought atmospheric PPM was supposed to be in the 350 range.

Kit Kat

In the interest of accuracy here's what they look like as of five minutes ago right before the lights go out for 4 hours.

Not very happy looking. It's been about 7 days now since they broke the soil surface, are they about where they should be, or have I been abusing them too much?

Annual

They are all not touching the coco consider that a good start! How much base are you giving them at this point? I see you already have introduced the RE, its wonderful stuff!

Kit Kat

Annual, I'm giving them 2.5ml/gal each of A & B, just following the instructions on the schedule right now. What do you mean by introduced the RE? I'm not sure I know what that is?

ninjagaiden, not actually running CO2 at this point (it's just sitting ontop of a canister) but I am wondering why the reading in the garage always seems to be below 100ppm unless I'm in there futzing around with stuff...

Raedwulf

Nice work Kit Kat:good: I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

not actually running CO2 at this point (it's just sitting ontop of a canister) but I am wondering why the reading in the garage always seems to be below 100ppm unless I'm in there futzing around with stuff...

That is strange, you're right, average Co2 should be 300+ ppm. Can't figure out why yours is so low when you're not there, your plants, and yield, would certainly suffer without added carbon dioxide.

Kit Kat

Root Excelurator! They are going to enjoy the 1.1ml/Gal dosage whenever you have it planned.

Ah, gotcha! I've been using 1.1ml/g with the A & B as recommended, I've also been giving the extra mix to some of my patio plants and they're loving it. I see why this little bottle is so bloody expensive.

Nice work Kit Kat:good: I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

That is strange, you're right, average Co2 should be 300+ ppm. Can't figure out why yours is so low when you're not there, your plants, and yield, would certainly suffer without added carbon dioxide.

Thanks for dropping by! I've taken to propping open a door to the garage since I can't cut any holes at the moment to directly exhaust... even doing that the ppm is at most 200 when I go check first thing in the morning. We generally leave our windows open on both floors except for the hot part of the day, so there's plenty of fresh airflow through the whole place.

Guess I'll pull the sensor and everything out of there and run the calibration routine, can't think of what else would be going on (unless my garage absorbs CO2 somehow).

Kit Kat

Here's where they are at 15 days now, is this about what they should be looking like? I swear, I'm impatient as all get out.

I also ended up recalibrating the CO2 sensor which is now reading normally, thankfully, and adding a second duct muffler to the fan pulling air through the light itself.

Last edited:

Kit Kat

Quick set of pics on building the muffler... took about two episodes worth of Storage Wars, mainly 'cause cutting through this metal mesh is a huge pain in the ass. I would not recommend using this shit at all. Hard to work with in general.

8" -> 6" reducer, 3' 8" wrap duct, 1 bag insulation, a 6" collar (to wrap the mesh around), stucco mesh, wire clippers, zip ties and tape.

Wrap the mesh around the 6" collar, zip tie in place.

I put some tape up on the inside of the hard duct so the fiberglass would stay more or less in place, then put the 6" of mesh in the middle. Wrapped the duct around and pushed it a bit flat to slot into place.

Once slotted, stick the 8" -> 6" reducer on the end and tape.

Add to the end of your ducting and the noise level drops dramatically.

Now I can keep the garage door to the house cracked without having to deal with the noise.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
just say high grower, project sound interesting ..i come to visit the show if you dont mind..
keep up the great job kit kat!!

Kit Kat

killerweed31, not at all my man, thanks for stoppin' by! Hopefully it'll be interesting here in a little bit.

So here they are at day 19 of veg, between 3 and 4 inches tall. Definitely not where they should be, but until the last week or so I seriously didn't understand what it means to water coco (yeesh, this stuff sucks up water) and have to feed every time. The organic soils I'd do previously were pretty heavily amended and tended to hold water for a good while.

Ducting the hood separately is keeping temps easily under control without having to exhaust directly outside of the garage, so they should be picking up now and moving along. No worries... live and learn, and I'll spend a bit more time vegging them out if needed. Most of the growth really occurred in the last 2-3 days, when I watered full strength for the first time. Also did it again, tonight, those pots were pretty light already. Right now each is getting .5 gal, with 5.5ml of A&B, 1.1ml of RE, .4ml of DC, and 1ml of Silica Blast per gallon. .8 EC and 5.8 ph when watering.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
hey dude, don't stress, seedlings gotta go thru the seedling stage of growth 1st, then they veg... hope you didn't toss the rest of those seedlings didja? they were looking fine.

you will want some saucers under those airpots... they leak a bit. I love how they look but they were too drippy for me.

looks like you got a real nice start.

Meraxes

Veteran
good work man, keep plenty of breeze on em for nice strong trees, soon you'll have a tent full of dank!

jakesebastin

I am a big fan of it. It is super potent, lively and stimulating. It increases in size very much when the flower start. The kalichakra has a nice smoke as well as i feel.

Kit Kat

hey dude, don't stress, seedlings gotta go thru the seedling stage of growth 1st, then they veg... hope you didn't toss the rest of those seedlings didja? they were looking fine.

you will want some saucers under those airpots... they leak a bit. I love how they look but they were too drippy for me.

looks like you got a real nice start.

Thanks for the encouragement, I finally chilled out and just let them do their thing and they're coming along nicely. The rest of the seedlings were given out, I just chose the best 9 to continue forward with. Went to take up your advice today and the cheap-o 12" plastic saucers were five bucks each! Damn. Didn't have enough either, so I'll have to get those later. Once I do, I'll give the coco a good drench and add the blumats.

good work man, keep plenty of breeze on em for nice strong trees, soon you'll have a tent full of dank!

:tiphat:

I am a big fan of it. It is super potent, lively and stimulating. It increases in size very much when the flower start. The kalichakra has a nice smoke as well as i feel.

Nice! Quite a few people've told me that now, looking forward to a few months down the road. The only other Mandala strain I've had was Satori and it's still one of my favorites.

Kit Kat

Pics from last night. Gave them a good final hand watering and about filled the saucers with run off to make sure they were well moistened while the blumat carrots soaked for a couple hours. After draining off the saucers I stuck the carrots in so just the green tops were poking out, and dialed the knobs to fully pinch the lines. After that I hooked the black plastic tubing up and connected it to the res and opened the valve.

To actually dial them in I opened the last one on the line up (bottom right) and pinched the 3mm line a few times until it burped and water started, took about 20 seconds or so for the bubbles to spit out. Dialed it to just clinging, then tighter by one arrow.

I don't get what's going on here, though. The very edges of the leaves seem to be curling up. I've moved the lights higher, increased air flow on the leaves, decreased it, cooled the tent down, warmed it up, seems to stay like this. Still using just the H&G line as directed with RO water.