What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

OZZ_

Veteran
@Nextgeneration73

This is the plant I've been showing, on February 3rd. It looks about a week behind where you currently are. Yours are "late bloomers" as you say, because you started 12/12 after only 2 weeks. You can accelerate, but three plant must reach sexual maturity before blooming.

For any wondering, I anticipated another week or 2 of stretch, and thinned it accordingly just after this. I should have let it alone. 1 reason I am assured the next one will be way better.

I almost forgot to respond to this. This is absolutely beautiful. You're doing the same as me, it seems.

Obviously, you have done a better job at it- but same goal. #2 will be closer.

Nice plant old world, she looks great. Is this a 3x3 tent? And what size pot? Looks to be about 1 - 1.5 gallon? Sorry if I missed this info in an earlier post

oldworld

Nice plant old world, she looks great. Is this a 3x3 tent? And what size pot? Looks to be about 1 - 1.5 gallon? Sorry if I missed this info in an earlier post

I'm not sure if I said, actually.
That's a 2 gallon pot ~ 2:1 coco/perlite in a 3x3 with a 315 watt LEC
Fed Jacks 5-12-26 + calnit/epsoms at EC 1.8( .5 from the tap)
That pic was the end of week 3. Before I started running into issues. I never got the autofeed pump setup, so I've been hand watering a too small pot. And my catch tray left me unable to fully clear the runoff after I attached the plant to the frame.

Nextgeneration73

You just wanna f---k it up dont you?
Here is an answer you might like then.
It will be ready to harvest next week it will be perfect for making rope joints ha ha.
Dude you really are getting a bit tiresome asking the same question every day hoping someone will give you the green light.
I'm out of here.
That's exactly why I asked if taking early samples would interfere with bud development on the rest of the plant.... Meaning one tiny early sample this or next week and another one two or three weeks later.... On the lowest buds I meant, and if there was a right way to do it so that it doesn't affect the rest of the blooming buds, since time is pushing me like most of the people here know... By early samples I also meant letting the rest continue development on the plant.... Hombre and oldworld, I never said that I'm asking if I should harvest mine now.... I'll admit those are actually good jokes and made me laugh but maybe just a little too over the top come on now ... I've read about people here taking early smoke samples off their plant from the lower buds but I wasn't sure how that affects the rest of the plant....

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 64 since seedling
IMG_20240409_190030.jpg
IMG_20240409_190325.jpg
IMG_20240409_190053.jpg
IMG_20240409_190100.jpg

Okay then I guess picking earlier samples the coming weeks from the lower buds (early testers) apperantly isn't a good idea.... Assuming how several or more people already reacted.... I won't do it then.... I just don't want to affect the rest of the maturing bud in the process....

Last edited:

Chungo

My real concern was the size of the seedling after 3 weeks of growth. They just appeared slow to move and small. As a note the KA5H seeds were small also.

OZZ_

Veteran
Killer a5 Haze Day 64 since seedling View attachment 18985397 View attachment 18985398 View attachment 18985399 View attachment 18985400
Okay then I guess picking earlier samples the coming weeks from the lower buds (early testers) apperantly isn't a good idea.... Assuming how several or more people already reacted.... I won't do it then.... I just don't want to affect the rest of the maturing bud in the process....

@Nextgeneration73

I sent you a DM and I will help you out, as discussed posting daily updates isn’t helpful to you or anyone else. I know you’re excited, we were all new once too after all, but just to be upfront with you it is bad etiquette. Posting updates on your plant once every two weeks or something like that is more appropriate and you’ll find you will get a much better response from senior members.

I sent you a DM with some questions, please reply with the info I requested and I’ll try to help you out there so as not to further clog up the sticky threads 😉

A5 is not an easy plant to grow but most of all you need PATIENCE and TIME.

No need to respond here, let’s discuss this in DM further 👍🤙🤙

oldworld

@Nextgeneration73
Go ahead and cut them off as you wish. You will not affect the development of the remaining buds. If anything, resources MAY be redirected towards those, instead of the one you cut off.

We are telling you to just get over it. You are obviously on a time constraint. You shouldn't have grown a slow blooming variety. However, cutting it early and wishing and hoping and stressing will not salvage the situation. Given your circumstances, your harvest day is the last day you can.

@Chungo I don't think you posted any pics

This is mine at 3 weeks. Coco and Jacks nutrients.

Attachments

• 20231210_074331.jpg
    20231210_074331.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60

oldworld

Day 86
Must have packed on some weight today. A few branches collapsed. And it's this what I think it is? I see amber? That means tomorrow, day 87, she comes down. That's gonna be

And #2, she's been a little over 2 weeks in here. Just put in a net and the 315w LEC. Looks like it'll be ready to go to flower at the end of this week.

Guess the next post here will be after its dried, weighed, and jarred. I'll update on #2 periodically, but I have a grow diary. I'll have more action there if anyone's interested.

Attachments

• 20240409_114319.jpg
    20240409_114319.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 88
  • 20240409_210358.jpg
    20240409_210358.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • 20240409_212656.jpg
    20240409_212656.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89

Nextgeneration73

Day 86
Must have packed on some weight today. A few branches collapsed. And it's this what I think it is? I see amber? That means tomorrow, day 87, she comes down. That's gonna be

And #2, she's been a little over 2 weeks in here. Just put in a net and the 315w LEC. Looks like it'll be ready to go to flower at the end of this week.

Guess the next post here will be after its dried, weighed, and jarred. I'll update on #2 periodically, but I have a grow diary. I'll have more action there if anyone's interested.
My apologies, the other day I actually thought that your trichomes were Amber orange in the picture (guess it was due to your orange light) and that you'd wait another few weeks before chop, but today I saw them better now in your current picture and more accurately read what you actually wrote, thus as to why I was asking about yours becoming "too narcotic" the other day....

Last edited:

oldworld

She's down. I'd say I got at least 1/4 pound...maybe half? We'll see in a week or so. It smells very light and fruity in the whole house, up close im getting heavier, funky, decaying notes.

And I accidentally snipped off a small little nug, I imagine that will dry pretty quick. It can be an early smoke sample before curing

Attachments

• 20240410_182614.jpg
    20240410_182614.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 104

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 69 since coming out of the soil
Screenshot_20240414-185210.png
IMG_20240414_184730.jpg
IMG_20240414_184857.jpg
IMG_20240414_184553.jpg
IMG_20240414_184739.jpg

So I haven't taken any early smoke samples yet, now I know that many people apparently hate this question but what I did not understand was: is there a right way or a wrong way to pick off early buds, by right way I mean to not hinder the rest of the bud development on the plant? It run on slightly less than 9 hours light so I guess that might be the reason why the yeild is much less, since it's been on a 9/15 schedule since day 6 after coming out of the soil ....

Attachments

• IMG_20240414_183503.jpg
    IMG_20240414_183503.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

FeelHaze

Killer a5 Haze Day 69 since coming out of the soi View attachment 18987606 View attachment 18987607 View attachment 18987608
So I haven't taken any early smoke samples yet, now I know that many people apparently hate this question but what I did not understand was: is there a right way or a wrong way to pick off early buds, by right way I mean to not hinder the rest of the bud development on the plant?

I can reassure you that cutting off any bud site won't affect the development of the rest of the plant as the plant will redirect its energy to the remaining bud sites.

I personally don't think its relevant to take samples on a plant that is so far away from being ripe. Your plant is still full of white pistils and the calyxes have not swell yet. I would say your plant has just passed mid flowering.

You can still do it as it will not have any impact on the rest of the plant.

regentag

Hey @Nextgeneration73, she recovered quit good since you're watering correctly. When looking at your thread she began flowering ~30 days ago so she is not even half way through. I guess you can take an early sample in 4 weeks or so. And giving her 2 hours more light wouldn't have hurt.

Nextgeneration73

Hey @Nextgeneration73, she recovered quit good since you're watering correctly. When looking at your thread she began flowering ~30 days ago so she is not even half way through. I guess you can take an early sample in 4 weeks or so. And giving her 2 hours more light wouldn't have hurt.
I need to be done by May though due to this travel that I don't even want to go on 😡 (it's manditory) You see this is why I was freaking out when I got my seeds a month later, when I had issues ordering
Now unless of course this stupid travel is delayed, then it's a whole different ball game!!! Maybe if something like the end time apocalypse comes but water and electricity still work fine then yeah.... Otherwise...

oldworld

Killer A5 Haze #2

Just received 22 hours of darkness (to change the daylight schedule) and began day 1 of flowering today. This one smells a lot more strongly than the first. Still, not your typical weed skunk smell. I'm not sure yet what, I've only actually opened the tent twice since I put it in there. Not getting as much face time as in coco. Which was my goal with that massive pot. Maybe the next one should get 65 gallons of coco. Or maybe I will cancel the coco. This looks a lot healthier too.

Attachments

• 20240415_232357.jpg
    20240415_232357.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 20240415_232250.jpg
    20240415_232250.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Latest posts