What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Nextgeneration73

Try leaning the phone on your pole. It will help steady your hand. And put a timer on the camera so it's not taking a picture while you shake the camera by hitting the button
Yeah you're right, I should definitely try the timer, I tried leaning my arm on the pole but it didn't help enough, or whatever the issue was I don't even recall...

oldworld

That cola looks fantastic @oldworld that's going to be a really nice expression :yes:
Trichomes still need a bit more time; just wait until they ripen to your taste for harvest time.

New flower production looks good @Nextgeneration73 :)

I'm glad to hear that. I've spent a lot of time and money on it. I've got a clone of her, too. Gonna see which of the 3 I got is my favorite, then I'll have to get the Malawi x Panama. And golden tiger. I can't be running up my plant count with mothers though. I might have to learn how to graft. Or just don't be an ass and just keep buying seeds. Any of your seeds have fairly uniform offspring? Like maybe Malawi x Panama? Wishful thinking I guess.

Old Fogey

I take the photos with this microscope I bought at amazon but can also take a jeweler's loupe with 60x magnification
So I already cut my plant because I'm going on vacation and because it's starting to show amber heads and I don't want to have too many heads like that because I want a good sativa high.
You all can correct me if I'm talking shit 😂 it's my first sativa but as I understand it it's best not to harvest it as late as indicas.
Sativas 10/90 amber/cloudy
Indica 30/70 amber/cloudy
But it depends on what you personally like, you can read it in the pictures
I chop well before amber trichomes reach 10% of the population, regardless of genetics. They represent degraded cannabinoids. Why flower a sativa for 3 months only to dilute the effects by delaying harvest beyond peak THC content ?

Peace

Last edited:

oldworld

I'm getting sick of this thing. Jk. Kinda...
Anyway, I opened it up and it looks like it's still producing fresh pistils. And at 10x, the trichomes are looking bright, no amber I can see. I really hate my support work here. But I was behind the curve on it, so it's better than nothing.

Attachments

• 20240405_225430.jpg
    20240405_225430.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 66

GUY-FAWKES

Wait so you're saying that it was your first time with Killer a5 Haze. You had five seeds. You grew only one of them and it wasn't trippy or racey, did I get that right?
I grew all 5 .
Still very strong and heady but more narcotic and confusing that racey and trippy lol. Great smoke don’t get me wrong I just hoped to find some more a5 dominant plants that had that zing to them, what I found leaned heavily towards Malawi, not a bad thing at all but not what I was looking for at the time .

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpeg
    IMG_0023.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

I grew all 5 .
Still very strong and heady but more narcotic and confusing that racey and trippy lol. Great smoke don’t get me wrong I just hoped to find some more a5 dominant plants that had that zing to them, what I found leaned heavily towards Malawi, not a bad thing at all but not what I was looking for at the time .
So a5 dominant phenos have more trippyness and raciness to them correct? I've heard that somewhere before but wanted to ask if you think so 🤔

oldworld

Dubi will let you know when it's time. Yours seems to be more wide-leafed than any of mine. So, that seems to indicate NL5. But it's still early.

Pretty sure you're looking for the haze dominant pheno. So compare to the pictures I'm posting.

I wanted to add, it's starting to get smelly. Stem rub was piney. Opening the tent, the smell is offensive. It says something like rotten meat in the description. I think that's what I'm getting. There's a floral tone to it. I don't really know. Exotic. It isn't a "bad" smell, it draws you in for more. But it hits like WTF is that? This should make for a delicious smoke when it's cured. There's some interesting notes in here.

I just found a smoke shop like an hour away from me, that is listed on Ace's website as a distributor. I'm gonna have to check that out

Last edited:

Cheech87

Oh man
I smoked a joint yesterday from a bud that I had already cut last week.
Don't know if you know The Pinky and the Brain.
But I felt exactly like the Brain at the beginning and a good hour later like Pinky, sorry but I thought it was funny.😅🤣
It was very strong.
I can't say anything about the flavor yet, still need to cure but no incense so far.

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
A single raweyed spotted amber trich is my all and every strain chopping day. But when I spot one and take the lense to further check up, there keep appearing more, so it doesn't mean that I spot the very first amber trich of the plant. They have their own calendar.
Increasing its quality aspects happens during the curing. Chop moment and quick dry is like your own choice of picking green apples, ripe apples, brown apples or rotten apples. Curing is the cider.

Roost

This will be my final update before harvest. She is on day 96 of 11/13 finishing up their last reflowering, and developing an intense smell of Rose Petal/Incense with a hint of sweetness. I had to cut the top cola early due to the massive size of it and worries of mold developing. The flavor is just like the smell with a heavy narcotic high that will effect you for most of the day, and cause confusion like some others mentioned. Due to the size of the plant, I will have to do a tiered harvest as I don't have the space to dry all of it at once.

I ran into deficiencies that I could not get ahead of for the last few weeks, but I at least slowed it down. Next run I will do a heavier top dressing before flipping and mid way through flower to try to keep ahead of it. I also won't let the plant get so big before flipping. Even with the challenges I ran into with a plant of this size, the nugs and colas are massive and hard as a rock. I'm fully expecting to shatter all personal records for yield with this one.

Haze1-F96.jpeg
Haze2-F96.jpeg
Haze3-F96.jpeg
Haze4-F96.jpeg
Haze5-F96.jpeg
Haze6-F96.jpeg
Haze7-F96.jpeg
Haze8-F96.jpeg
Haze9-F96.jpeg
haze10-f96-jpeg.18984420

Attachments

• Haze10-F96.jpeg