What's new

Killer A5 Haze

RottyRzr

Day 79 from flip. They continue to fatten up!
Im seeing a lot of brown edges on leaves and some spots. Looks like a deficiency to me so Ive switched nutes to Jacks Finish. I have a small bag here from a grow a couple years ago and I need to use it anyways. It's 7-15-30.

Attachments

• IMG_3620.jpeg
    IMG_3620.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 127

blondie

No freeze for me yet and actually going to see 60-70 next week. At least one more week of good weather. She’s looking nice.

Attachments

• EA01425A-3B83-41B1-97DA-1D6D0357E7D9.jpeg
    EA01425A-3B83-41B1-97DA-1D6D0357E7D9.jpeg
    739.2 KB · Views: 82
  • ACA1372E-A6A7-402E-8137-72DCFB2F6CF5.jpeg
    ACA1372E-A6A7-402E-8137-72DCFB2F6CF5.jpeg
    789.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 38FA476B-2F13-4455-A1BE-2A0FE0B0F795.jpeg
    38FA476B-2F13-4455-A1BE-2A0FE0B0F795.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • D9DA1390-E22B-4A89-9C22-A6E1F38B584A.jpeg
    D9DA1390-E22B-4A89-9C22-A6E1F38B584A.jpeg
    755.3 KB · Views: 81

Spankee

No freeze for me yet and actually going to see 60-70 next week. At least one more week of good weather. She’s looking nice.
Looking good my weather similar after today . I been picking some moldy buds off the super Malawian haze unfortunately but still needs a few weeks minimal . Put a huge fan outdoors to dry her out got dumped on. The Panama haze can take a fucken beating and mold free. I am ultra surprised at her durability . Shes been through rains morning fog cold nights and my dogs chomping at her lower buds and she’s fine. Will post a few pics later. Praying my clones take will keep her forever assuming it’s not tumbleweed. She can easily handle the north east climate

blondie

Spankee we are pretty close. I was wondering how yours were coming along. Good to know Panama haze can take it. Lets see those fine ladies!!!

Either last year or two ago I got a heavy frost mid October followed by 3-4 more days of freeze. I pulled an immature Malawi before it hit. I was thinking no way in hell ka5h would make it how late it flowered. But... weather this year is supporting global warming theory big time.

I smelled the ka5h last night and I’m getting still some type of mild citrus/floral reminds me of Malawi. But at the same time I get a displeasing scent, something like mild garbage. I’ve seen reference to a bad smell but not alongside the citrus. Whatever pheno this is, I’m going to get useable bud off it. I hope it’s what the doctor ordered..

Spankee

Here’s a couple shots Panama haze maturing and dogs chomping on smh next run I will lollipop the bottoms .

Attachments

• 87289123-B71D-4654-AFDD-49FB45440152.jpeg
    87289123-B71D-4654-AFDD-49FB45440152.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 108
  • FA356748-7A12-490E-866E-F6A83A410645.jpeg
    FA356748-7A12-490E-866E-F6A83A410645.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 96
  • CD376377-2273-487E-AFD6-AE424CE27635.jpeg
    CD376377-2273-487E-AFD6-AE424CE27635.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 98
  • CB1ACD76-24D0-4400-A48E-7F372CDB61F0.jpeg
    CB1ACD76-24D0-4400-A48E-7F372CDB61F0.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 112
  • ADA40FCB-E4B2-47CD-B220-E7C9CB64E6C2.jpeg
    ADA40FCB-E4B2-47CD-B220-E7C9CB64E6C2.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 118

Rodehazrd

Hey folks
My KA5H isn’t as chunky as @ blondie and @ spankee’s outdoor but she’s bulking up and finally getting sun at 8 instead of 11. Here she is at 70 days, had two mornings below freezing when she got the tarp. As for smelling her tone has changed abruptly to a very unpleasant rotten pumpkin.

RottyRzr

Still waiting! Tomorrow is week 12 since flip. I'm seeing some amber trichs but still a lot of clear ones and a lot of white pistils! I don't have a clue how much longer this girl is gonna take but I'll wait.
I keep trying to take these pics from the same location for comparisons.

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3648.jpeg
    IMG_3648.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 144

Old Fogey

Still waiting! Tomorrow is week 12 since flip. I'm seeing some amber trichs but still a lot of clear ones and a lot of white pistils! I don't have a clue how much longer this girl is gonna take but I'll wait.
I keep trying to take these pics from the same location for comparisons.
Nice plant. Well done.

I loathe amber trichs. All that synthesised CBG reduced to CBN. They can occur due to a grower mistake but once I am satisfied that the trichs are naturally turning amber I will chop immediately irregardless of the ratio of clear/cloudy among the rest.

It seems terribly wasteful to take 12 weeks flowering a Sat, only to end up with couch lock you could have pulled from a 7 week Indie.

RottyRzr

Nice plant. Well done.

I loathe amber trichs. All that synthesised CBG reduced to CBN. They can occur due to a grower mistake but once I am satisfied that the trichs are naturally turning amber I will chop immediately irregardless of the ratio of clear/cloudy among the rest.

It seems terribly wasteful to take 12 weeks flowering a Sat, only to end up with couch lock you could have pulled from a 7 week Indie.
The plant is 12 weeks from flipping to 12/12 or in my case 11/13. 12 weeks=84 days. Considering I didnt see any signs of flowers for about 2 weeks I guess it has been less than 84 days. Aces' website shows the different phenos taking from a range of 75-90 days so I figure I'm in that range now.
I surely don't want this to give me couch lock. I have indica for that.
Old Fogey, do you take pistil color into account? I was always told the majority of pistils should be brown. I still have lots of white pistils and some of the cola's look like they have new growth on top. You can kinda see it in the first picture if you zoom in.
Maybe Dubi will give an opinion.

Old Fogey

The plant is 12 weeks from flipping to 12/12 or in my case 11/13. 12 weeks=84 days. Considering I didnt see any signs of flowers for about 2 weeks I guess it has been less than 84 days. Aces' website shows the different phenos taking from a range of 75-90 days so I figure I'm in that range now.
I surely don't want this to give me couch lock. I have indica for that.
Old Fogey, do you take pistil color into account? I was always told the majority of pistils should be brown. I still have lots of white pistils and some of the cola's look like they have new growth on top. You can kinda see it in the first picture if you zoom in.
Maybe Dubi will give an opinion.
I rely on cloudy trichs like everyone else, so keep doing that. But I have found some sat-dom strains don't cloud up as deeply as indies and the appearance of amber trichs is another tell-tale sign she is done.

This is particularly true of strains that develop re-flowerings. When you think about it, trichs on re-flowers are 2-3 weeks younger than on the earlier growth and if you wait around for those to cloud up the trichs elsewhere are certain to degrade into CBN and turn amber.

I think this is true of Ace strains that re-flower. When you check the cannabinoid results for their pure sats you almost always see high readings of 2-3% CBG. This is cannbigerol, the precursor of THC/CBD/CBC/THCV etc and it clearly has not synthesised by the time the plant is otherwise ready to chop. The trichs containing high amounts of CBG will be clear in appearance and readily found on the outer re-growth and will give the false impression that she isn't yet finished.

So, look for cloudy/clear on the older, more established flowers but if you're seeing more than just the odd amber trich here or there (that you're sure was not caused by a grower mistake) my advice would be to seriously consider chopping it down.

Peace

Last edited:

Mimpi Manis

I rely on cloudy trichs like everyone else, so keep doing that. But I have found some sat-dom strains don't cloud up as deeply as indies and the appearance of amber trichs is another tell-tale sign she is done.

This is particularly true of strains that develop re-flowerings. When you think about it, trichs on re-flowers are 2-3 weeks younger than on the earlier growth and if you wait around for those to cloud up the trichs elsewhere are certain to degrade into CBN and turn amber.

I think this is true of Ace strains that re-flower. When you check the cannabinoid results for their pure sats you almost always see high readings of 2-3% CBG. This is cannbigerol, the precursor of THC/CBD/CBC/THCV etc and it clearly has not synthesised by the time the plant is otherwise ready to chop. The trichs containing high amounts of CBG will be clear in appearance and readily found on the outer re-growth and will give the false impression that she isn't yet finished.

So, look for cloudy/clear on the older, more established flowers but if you're seeing more than just the odd amber trich here or there (that you're sure was not caused by a grower mistake) my advice would be to seriously consider chopping it down.

Peace
I've often wondered what the mechanism is that transforms pot during the cure stage? Sativas in particular. Cannabinoids transforming into THC... CBG to THC for instance? Some strains utterly transform. Till we know for sure... I guess its magic!

Old Fogey

@Labia Joose

This is a different process called decarboxylation and we know a lot about it already.

CBGA sythesises into THCA, CBDA, CBCA, THCVA etc according to an individual plant's chemotype during the ripening period at the end of flowering, causing the trichomes to change in appearance (usually becoming cloudy). These are the various cannabinoids with a carboxylic acid attached to the molecule. Cannabinoids in acidic form are not bioavailable to humans.

When the carboxylic acid is removed, the cannabinoid becomes bioavailable and will affect the human nervous system.

Decarboxylation begins during the drying process, with (some) carboxylic acid breaking free from the cannabinoid molecules due to dehydration.

A large amount of natural decarboxylation occurs gradually over time during the cure (when done correctly). Ever more THCA transforms into THC, CBDA into CBD etc etc.

Some cannabinoids will decarboxylate at different rates, accounting for the changing profile of the smoke during the cure as the overall potency is steadily climbing due to the increased bioavailability of the material. Eventually, the cannabis will be fully decarboxylated (fully cured) and will smoke truly according to its chemotype at maximum potency until natural deterioration/degradation commences.

Decarboxylation occurs too in the smoking process and is induced by the use of heating during the preparation of cannabis edibles.

Peace

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts