What's new

Killer A5 Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Was worth it - don't let talk about numbers. That's not even all. :) :LOL:

Congrats on your harvest @Snipp :) Glad your final harvest was bountiful. Are you enjoying with the outcome ?

Killer A5 Haze (same for A5 Haze mother) is not the easiest strain to grow since the flowering is moderate-long and requires lots of nutrients during flowering, so to finish Killer A5 Haze up to its best potential requires quite a lot of experience, not only with growing more sativa strains, with the feeding and temps in the environment too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
KA5H at 5.5 weeks flower and 7.5 weeks since flip on 11/13. Seed plant vegged for 9.5 weeks after germination 2 weeks prior. Environment is a 1.2m2 tent. This is the 3rd phenotype I have grown and the hardest to keep green, it loves nutes. It’s in 56l of gaunakalong soil mix. I feed Oldtimer Bloom and organic pk. I use mammoth P microbes weekly to keep the soil live. 600w super HPS and a 4 x COB running at 216w of white. Centre is a UVB 310 running last 4 weeks of flower at 2hrs midday. It’s pretty hot and temps at canopy have been up to 30C although the plant is coping really well. Very manageable stretch with this one, started out with quite fat leaves that narrowed with age. A few branches have 3 nodes and now have fat colas. All colas needing tying up at the 5 week of flower mark. Resin started at week 2 and is quite prolific, nasty rotting rubbish smell, not overpowering.
A5H at 5.5 weeks flower and 7.5 weeks since flip on 11/13. Seed plant vegged for 9.5 weeks after germination 2 weeks prior. Environment is a 1.2m2 tent. This is the 3rd phenotype I have grown and the hardest to keep green, it loves nutes. It’s in 56l of gaunakalong soil mix. I feed Oldtimer Bloom and organic pk. I use mammoth P microbes weekly to keep the soil live. 600w super HPS and a 4 x COB running at 216w of white. Centre is a UVB 310 running last 4 weeks of flower at 2hrs midday. It’s pretty hot and temps at canopy have been up to 30C although the plant is coping really well. Very manageable stretch with this one, started out with quite fat leaves that narrowed with age. A few branches have 3 nodes and now have fat colas. All colas needing tying up at the 5 week of flower mark. Resin started at week 2 and is quite prolific, nasty rotting rubbish smell, not overpowering
Great flower development after only 5 weeks of real flowering @skunkfunk hehehehe the 'nasty rotting rubbish smell' is probably your way to describe A5 Haze organic, meaty-decaying flowers aroma, which along with the loud incense are signature terpene of straight A5 Haze mother.

How did she finish ? Hope the temps were not too high during the summer indoor grow, although seems she dealt with them quite good.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Thanks Dubi. She came out really well for a first grow. I pollinated a branch with a funky male Pakistan that actually looked similar in appearance to the KA5H. I took a clone of the Killer Haze and having it flowering again at 6 weeks. It finished at 10.5 weeks so was quick and those smells are incredible. Very potent stuff. I find it very psychoactive in terms of memory and emotion. Some folk can’t cope with it !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, do you want the report to do it here or do I open my own thread?

I saw your own thread already and your Killer A5 Haze starting to flower @spigolaro to answer your question, i'm fine with both :)

Hi @blondie looking at the development of your Killer A5 Haze since July.... wow :giggle: she really explode in growth from mid July until early August, what a difference. Looks like she is starting to show now a bit of yellowing, a sign that she is root bound and needs more nutrients. Transplant her to a bigger pot if you have the chance, it will make a difference at the end. Although tamed in structure, she really started the flowering slow, hope this pheno is not too long flowering for your climate-latitude .... but we harvest A5 Haze mother at 37N at end of November and most Killer A5 Hazes earlier than that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear you are flowering her again from clones @skunkfunk and that you and your friends find the harvest very potent and psychoactive :smoke:

@StickyBandit thanks a lot for all the frequent updates these weeks, and congrats on your harvest of your first 2 KA5H (y) The first early flowering pheno was really interesting, so did the second although this one finished more tortured (probably due to too high temps in the tent and/or ph and feeding imbalance). I like a lot the look of the third finishing in your most recent posts, she looks quite advanced, i wouldn't feed her again, flush, let ripe this final reflowering and chop chop time! :)

I think you probably need to work on improve the high temps indoors during summer grows, and find the growing media you like most. Coco is a great choice because you just need to approx follow the feeding regime. When growing in soil, one never fully knows how much nutrients there are still in the pot. In any case, it's super important to use a lot the EC and PH meters, know your growing media, fertilizers and quality of your water very very well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View attachment 18739025 View attachment 18739028

She smells like liver, leather and hazey incense. To me it kind of smells like the shoe department in the department store at the mall in the 80's when I was a kid. Maybe that wasn't just shoes :unsure: lol

Nice @draztik :D After breeding several A5 Haze outcrosses, i'm finally be able to recognize almost without doubts when i see a Haze A dominant pheno like yours. Traits like for example the way of stretching and type of flowering, and of course the signature organic, meaty, incensey terpene profile. She looks great and well developed after 7 weeks of flowering. How did she finish ? She got me excited hehehehhe

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I started three of the limited standard release and unfortunately, they all ended up males…so I will be pollen chucking with them this season.

View attachment 18743160

Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor that's not a bad thing after all. The strong point of Killer A5 Haze regular release was to have the chance to offer seeds that produce males with strong A5 Haze character. What do you plan to pollinate with them ? Hope the third one is a female, so you can get a taste of KA5H this year! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to our room RottyRzr :) A pleasure to see you growing Killer A5 Haze!
Yours looks very happy, healthy and under control to face the rest of the flowering, please keep us updated!

Thanks for sharing yours too Rodehazrd ! (y) October is going to be interesting for her.
6 month cured Killer A5 Haze it got way better. I now rate this as good or better than the Malawi. Props to Dubi
Malawi, A5 Haze, and Killer A5 Haze really get better with a long cure compared with other strains.
Enjoy @sdd420 :smoke: happy to hearyou like KA5H more than Malawi!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beside Killer A5 Haze catalog strain and Thai A5 Haze, Green Haze 19 and A5 Purple Haze 23 A5 limited editions released this year, we also have listed the following new A5 Haze hybrids on the new R+D section of our website :

A5 Haze x PCK regular
A5 Haze x Zamaldelica regular
Bangi Haze x A5 Haze fem
Congo x A5 Haze fem
Golden Tiger x A5 Haze fem
purple Honduras x A5 Haze fem
purple Zamal x A5 Haze fem
Zamaldelica elite x A5 Haze fem

blondie

My ka5h yesterday. Coming along. I think if this were to finish it will be a great product. It gets very little direct sun now though. I didn’t water enough through this hot summer. Not able to up pot. I do need to bump up nutes I think. I’m thinking calcium issue on the leaf image.

Attachments

• 93ED4013-A435-4BC3-A345-664BB1CFD492.jpeg
    93ED4013-A435-4BC3-A345-664BB1CFD492.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 740D2237-3CF3-4CEF-8639-18811F47CE00.jpeg
    740D2237-3CF3-4CEF-8639-18811F47CE00.jpeg
    539.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 0AB5CDB5-54EE-42D4-86AC-3CFC67A699A6.jpeg
    0AB5CDB5-54EE-42D4-86AC-3CFC67A699A6.jpeg
    769.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 6789DB9A-18BD-49EE-B6D7-69A802104B2F.jpeg
    6789DB9A-18BD-49EE-B6D7-69A802104B2F.jpeg
    776.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 4911A893-2C3C-4CC2-BCCC-1A029279B904.jpeg
    4911A893-2C3C-4CC2-BCCC-1A029279B904.jpeg
    640 KB · Views: 38

RottyRzr

Welcome to our room RottyRzr :) A pleasure to see you growing Killer A5 Haze!
Yours looks very happy, healthy and under control to face the rest of the flowering, please keep us updated!

Malawi, A5 Haze, and Killer A5 Haze really get better with a long cure compared with other strains.
Enjoy @sdd420 :smoke: happy to hearyou like KA5H more than Malawi!
Thanks Dubi. Hope you don't mind a question? It sounds like you recommend a high nutrient level for the KA5H yet I'm only feeding 1.1ec (550ppm) and see very slight browning of the leaf tips. Im hesitant to raise the nute level any more as I don't want to over feed. Have you noticed that some phenos of the KA5H require less nutes?
Edited to add that I'm growing in coco/perlite and feeding 3 times per day to a decent run-off.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @RottyRzr most KA5H request high levels of NPK during flowering, although being a complex poly hybrid there's always a chance to find more sativa leaning expressions that ask for less EC. Yours is a perfect picture of health, don't increase the feeding, she seems enjoying current one (y)

RottyRzr

Hi @RottyRzr most KA5H request high levels of NPK during flowering, although being a complex poly hybrid there's always a chance to find more sativa leaning expressions that ask for less EC. Yours is a perfect picture of health, don't increase the feeding, she seems enjoying current one (y)
Thanks for the response, Dubi.

StickyBandit

The grow and bloom have the same NPK? Seems strange.

I guess root growth slows down around the same time as plant growth (rule of thumb kind of belief).

She seems to be quite far along already? Might be ready for harvest in a couple of weeks. Worth taking into account with the feed plan. But if you feel she needs a booster give her one?
I think you're right. It's at day 57 today and I'll be chopping it in 2 days on day 59 though it's probably ready now.
The buds are very hard and smelly and I think longer will just be past the peak.
I got a few final bud shots :)
Now that I posted the pics I can see quite a few ambers in there

P1010039.JPG P1010040.JPG P1010041.JPG P1010043.JPG P1010044.JPG P1010045.JPG P1010046.JPG P1010047.JPG P1010048.JPG

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Glad to hear you are flowering her again from clones @skunkfunk and that you and your friends find the harvest very potent and psychoactive :smoke:

@StickyBandit thanks a lot for all the frequent updates these weeks, and congrats on your harvest of your first 2 KA5H (y) The first early flowering pheno was really interesting, so did the second although this one finished more tortured (probably due to too high temps in the tent and/or ph and feeding imbalance). I like a lot the look of the third finishing in your most recent posts, she looks quite advanced, i wouldn't feed her again, flush, let ripe this final reflowering and chop chop time! :)

I think you probably need to work on improve the high temps indoors during summer grows, and find the growing media you like most. Coco is a great choice because you just need to approx follow the feeding regime. When growing in soil, one never fully knows how much nutrients there are still in the pot. In any case, it's super important to use a lot the EC and PH meters, know your growing media, fertilizers and quality of your water very very well.
That's a real marathon of answers there mate, Legend! :cool:(y)
Thanks for all the advice. I chopped the plump one today and will probably get about 7oz. She is a lot fatter and smellier than the previous ones and was finished in a larger 30L pot with organics for the second part of the grow.
Not really going to be growing with coco for now. I'm more looking at staying with organics for a while and making an effort to find a decent organic mix or making my own blend here in New Zealand but there aren't as many options as other countries. Once I get sorted growing the long hazes (which I'm attempting now) everything else should be a breeze :)
On another topic, what is your best fast finishing, high yield, potent strain for an indica leaning person? Happy wife happy life :p
Feel free to pm me if you don't want to go off topic