What's new

Killer A5 Haze

Old Fogey

KA5H #2 - Day 55

Some more pics at the end of the day.

I think I'll keep feeding for now. Some of the red stigma were killed by me rather than dying a natural death and can give a false signal. The second and final pics show some examples of damaged buds. But many of the less affected flowers more generally are still putting on a little weight and another 1-2 days of feeding at EC 1.0 (+0.8) shouldn't hurt. Many trichs are clear and some are quite young too so it still has a way to go.

20240518_221433.jpg
20240518_221859.jpg
20240518_221717.jpg
20240518_221706.jpg

I've learned a lot from this grow. I have clones of her, if I run it again I will hope to do much better.

Peace to all.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

My smoke report is on my thread, I don't feel very comfortable sharing it here due to how many times I supposedly clogged up the thread!! But nonetheless it's the most positive report that I've ever written on a smoke report.....
I don't see what's funny about my comment, this is literally the best psychedelic experience that I've ever had.... I've been high for two days and something now from just one joint of paper cob like cured trancendance medicine.... Literally all time and space are one with the universe and my mind and thoughts everything is this magical fairytale cartoony surreality, every room in my apartment and every balcony is a different portal, even my cigarette and the trees and the moon, and the music that I listen to are like separate realms combined into one sensation, sound, taste, visual, smell, it's like there are beyond the ordinary six of seven senses...

Last edited:

oldworld

KA5H #2 - Day 54 of flip.

Some bud shots. Today the scent has begun to turn from wet grass to a sweet smell of flower petals. It's been a very soft odor all along, I'm not sure it will get any louder.

Some of the red stigma were damaged during super cropping at mid-flower. The plant just kept on growing and I needed to get the tops away from the lamp. Most of the main colas fell over, so my canopy ended up quite messy but there are plenty of healthy flowers all the same.

I'm thinking it has 7 - 10 days to go and I should start to flush on Day 56. Does anyone think I should wait an extra few days ? I'm currently feeding at EC 1.0.

Peace to all.

View attachment 19003820

View attachment 19003828

Your description sounds much like the plant I harvested last month. All the branches had to be typed up, repeatedly over the last weeks, and I suck my face all in it and struggled for 5 months to identify a smell from it. Getting things like grass or fresh flowers with a (sometimes) decaying funk in the background. I took it to 85 days. Planning to harvest at ~65 seems premature, but I imagine you have more experience than I. For what it's worth, the odor on mine greatly improved after a while curing. It is now very evident when I open a jar, even from another room.

Old Fogey

Your description sounds much like the plant I harvested last month. All the branches had to be typed up, repeatedly over the last weeks, and I suck my face all in it and struggled for 5 months to identify a smell from it. Getting things like grass or fresh flowers with a (sometimes) decaying funk in the background. I took it to 85 days. Planning to harvest at ~65 seems premature, but I imagine you have more experience than I. For what it's worth, the odor on mine greatly improved after a while curing. It is now very evident when I open a jar, even from another room.

Thanks for the info. I don't have a lot of experience with sativas and sativa dom hybrids. I want to avoid taking it too late but equally I don't want to begin the flush too soon.

There are lots of clear trichs and some buds are still flowering strongly...

I will continue feeding at EC 1.0 (+0.8) for the rest of week 9 then review the situation.

Here she is Day 58. Please excuse the cat hairs 😉

Peace to all.

20240521_120549.jpg
20240521_120605.jpg
20240521_120843.jpg

Old Fogey

KA5H #2 - Day 66

Nearly there...

Final re-flowering is finishing nicely. Clear trichomes are fewer in number than the other day and to the naked eye she looks pretty done.

Unfortunately, my 60x scope died last week and a couple of other types I have on hand are not giving me anywhere near as good a picture of progress, so I'm relying a little on guesswork. But the plan is to begin chopping her down tomorrow on Day 67.

I damaged quite a few flowers during super cropping sessions and they are showing some amber trichomes but the undamaged flowers have very few present, which I'm pleased about.

Peace to all ☺

20240529_191407.jpg
20240529_191451_001.jpg

Old Fogey

KA5H #2 - Day 67

I've taken a top from the edge of the grow, up against the door to the tent, to examine it before making a final decision on timing for the chop. I think I will take some of the more advanced flowers today and then the rest tomorrow.

Although receiving only the lower end of light intensity available, this top has dense buds and impressive trichome coverage. This is a wonderful plant and has been a rare pleasure to grow.

Peace to all.

Edit: after further examination I will wait a little longer before beginning the chop. I'm seeing a lot of clear trichomes still, even on buds that to the naked eye appear done.

Peace

20240530_105552.jpg
20240530_105524.jpg

20240530_105835.jpg
20240530_105349.jpg
20240530_105905.jpg

Attachments

• 20240530_105704.jpg
    20240530_105704.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Makes me very happy to know you are growing 3 Killer A5 Hazes this season @titoon29 🥰 Hope they rock in the greenhose. Make sure to ventilate it properly especially during flowering if weather is wet, colas are big and plants are crowded ... still plenty of time for this. Please keep us updated, have a great weekend ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I posted this on my thread as well but wanted to share it here!

Harvest pics of my KA5! It’s a great plant! Really really like this one! I feel it’s a very Columbian pheno! I really like the light popcorn structure of the buds, already burns so good in a joint! It’s a sweet tasty light smoke that makes clouds, it’s feel good happy stuff that’s kinda up but I wouldn’t say cerebral! Not racey, not paranoid, no dirty feelings or bad come down. My buddy called me today who I gave some samples too and he said “This is the One”! I will come back and update a smoke report with a little more time in the jar if it last that long!

View attachment 18992135
View attachment 18992136 View attachment 18992137

Have a great day! 😀

The clone finished great and quite fast for this hybrid @tjmccoy happy to see still growing her :) Looks indeed very Haze A Colombian leaning and after your comments on her sweet terpenes also with New Killer Malawi influence. Glad your friends also like it!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I grew all 5 .
Still very strong and heady but more narcotic and confusing that racey and trippy lol. Great smoke don’t get me wrong I just hoped to find some more a5 dominant plants that had that zing to them, what I found leaned heavily towards Malawi, not a bad thing at all but not what I was looking for at the time .

Thanks your your feedback @GUY-FAWKES although not fully positive, but still much appreciated. :yes:
I'm sorrry you didn't find the type of effects you were looking for with this strain.
It can get very trippy, but in a narcotic dissociative way rather than racy-trippy.
Anyhow, wish you are enjoying your well deserved harvest :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi said earlier 3 months. Pretty sure it was dubi. One of the heavies, at the very least.

I got the same harvest as you. To within a few grams. I dont remember exactly. I would leave it alone for a while. I cant resist sniffing it, but other than the floor nugs i sampled, I have no intention of touching until July.

But, man was that some good smoke. Even after less than 2 weeks from harvest, it smoked better than most dispensary bud. It was surprisingly smooth. I guess we have the same taste profile. I was definitely thinking earthy, kinda hashy. Speaking of hash, this stuff is so resinous i smoked a bowl for like 20 minutes, then gave up on it and smoked the same bowl in the morning. Way better than that auto I grew.

Congrats on the harvest of your female #1 @oldworld :giggle: great yield, and very happy you find it really potent and better than what you can find at dispensaries. It's really old school weed of sticky resins as you correctly pointed out, and not the dry touch-resin of most current North American indica hybrids. As you are also noting, Malawi, A5 Haze genetics and some Killer A5 Haze won't impress in smell-taste early after harvest, but after 2-3 months of curing it's totally different story, and improves a lot.

My estimatyion is your second female is showing excessive N and/or Ph problems.

Regarding temp range, you will get better results and healthier plants thoughout the flowering stage under temps between 70-80ºF. Eager to learn more about the second and third female in flowering, thanks for your feedback, enjoy!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This will be my final update before harvest. She is on day 96 of 11/13 finishing up their last reflowering, and developing an intense smell of Rose Petal/Incense with a hint of sweetness. I had to cut the top cola early due to the massive size of it and worries of mold developing. The flavor is just like the smell with a heavy narcotic high that will effect you for most of the day, and cause confusion like some others mentioned. Due to the size of the plant, I will have to do a tiered harvest as I don't have the space to dry all of it at once.

I ran into deficiencies that I could not get ahead of for the last few weeks, but I at least slowed it down. Next run I will do a heavier top dressing before flipping and mid way through flower to try to keep ahead of it. I also won't let the plant get so big before flipping. Even with the challenges I ran into with a plant of this size, the nugs and colas are massive and hard as a rock. I'm fully expecting to shatter all personal records for yield with this one.

View attachment 18984411 View attachment 18984412 View attachment 18984413 View attachment 18984414 View attachment 18984415 View attachment 18984416 View attachment 18984417 View attachment 18984418 View attachment 18984419
haze10-f96-jpeg.18984420
Thanks a lot for your final update @Roost and for commenting also about her long lasting narcotic effects :D This strain is indeed not day time weed if you need to do things, unless you are heavy medicinal toker who needs max raw potency and long lasting effects with less possible tolerance. Glad you found the rose petal terpene from her, i love it, and it's not easy to find in cannabis. Wish you enjoy your bountiful harvest of rocky buds! 🔥